Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Scoring wise for sure... but as effort & the rest of the stuff i wrote ? sure not..

his 50 goals are mostly tab-ins, headers & penalties .. you will barely see a shot from outside the box going in (needless to say between the posts even ) or a freekick .. you will barely see him rampaging or terrorizing any defender with his speed anymore ..

The other day i saw a vid of 2009 Ronaldo... aka CR9 and he was amazing back then i totally forgot about it. Beating players in midfield and shooting outside the box to score really beautiful stuff. Now he is just a fox in the box.

BBZ8800

He is 30 right?When do you think he will finally start to show signs of decline?He shows no signs of declining anytime soon though.He even hardly gets injured now even though he is aging.

He is slightly declining.
For a few years he is not as good an allround player as he was.

He will also score less goals each Season, because he will lose pace, he will get into less good positions to score, his headers will be weaker because he will lose some jumping strength also etc.

Well Ibra hasn't declined yet. I think he will decline massively at 33-34.

Imo, Ibra declined massively in the last 2-3-4 years.
He is still scoring some awesome kung-fu goals, but his overall all round play is much weaker than in the past.
He was a total beast when he was younger.

For example, this is not the same player anymore, Zlatan from 2007:

He lost a part of his pace, acceleration, stamina, strength, agility, even some composure when shooting.
He is not that "strong" on the ball anymore like in this video etc.

Beast

The Observer
This...I'd be livid if we spend 70-80 million on him because he'll struggle big time in the premier league playing for a team without many creative outlet...

Oh he won't struggle at all in the EPL... i'm talking about La liga higher level/smarter defending which finds out many players (Just ask Bale ) ...with the form he reached in RM he would beg at least 60-70 goals (including the CL ) ..injuries permitting

Beast

The Observer
The other day i saw a vid of 2009 Ronaldo... aka CR9 and he was amazing back then i totally forgot about it. Beating players in midfield and shooting outside the box to score really beautiful stuff. Now he is just a fox in the box.

Precisely.. only a blind man can't see how he declined which is always happening to those relying on pace & strength in his position .. he is not as natural as Ronaldo or Messi so he will suffer but because he is very smart (football wise ) he knew how to compensate the decline by that massive number of goals he score but game play it's quite easy to see the difference .. we are still talking about a 30/31 year old.. no one managed to stay a top 2 that long like him in that position (to his credit ) ..

S7_MUFC

Oh he won't struggle at all in the EPL... i'm talking about La liga higher level/smarter defending which finds out many players (Just ask Bale ) ...with the form he reached in RM he would beg at least 60-70 goals (including the CL ) ..injuries permitting

In his last PL season he scored 19 goals. I fail to see how Ronaldo at 31 is better than Ronaldo at 24 that you paid 80 million for...He's a lot more prolific yes but that's down to him being the focal point of a highly superior team...Someone like Aguero(without injuries) and Suarez are a lot more valuable to a PL team compared to Ronaldo if you ignore the commercial side of things. Do you think Ronaldo will start dribbling past defenders if he moved to PL and score more goals? Because if that were the case than he'd have left la liga ages ago because goal stats are his main target and everything else is secondary for him..

Beast

The Observer
In his last PL season he scored 19 goals. I fail to see how Ronaldo at 31 is better than Ronaldo at 24 that you paid 80 million for...He's a lot more prolific yes but that's down to him being the focal point of a highly superior team...Someone like Aguero(without injuries) and Suarez are a lot more valuable to a PL team compared to Ronaldo if you ignore the commercial side of things. Do you think Ronaldo will start dribbling past defenders if he moved to PL and score more goals? Because if that were the case than he'd have left la liga ages ago because goal stats are his main target and everything else is secondary for him..
Just compare Ronaldo with United to Ronaldo with Madrid and see which one is better ? even forget United compare CR first season with CR third season in RM ?
... he matured & got better & smarter, his finishing & heading and movement improved.....and he was also the focal point in United and he will continue to be wherever he goes
he won't dribble like before although the notion of stopping a dribble that is always a stranger to most of the EPL defenders.. in Spain they leave you no space compared to England.. and space is the magic word ...that's what he thrive in just look at Liverpool match against RM last season

.. moreover if you get Ronaldo (and not PSG or something ) he will be the man in the front not the winger you had during SAF days ..

valk

Just compare Ronaldo with United to Ronaldo with Madrid and see which one is better ? even forget United compare CR first season with CR third season in RM ?
... he matured & got better & smarter, his finishing & heading and movement improved.....and he was also the focal point in United and he will continue to be wherever he goes
he won't dribble like before although the notion of stopping a dribble that is always a stranger to most of the EPL defenders.. in Spain they leave you no space compared to England.. and space is the magic word ...that's what he thrive in just look at Liverpool match against RM last season

.. moreover if you get Ronaldo (and not PSG or something ) he will be the man in the front not the winger you had during SAF days ..

he stopped being a winger in 2007 lol. in almost all of their big games he was deployed CF : Barcelona in 08, Porto in 09, Arsenal in 09, Barcelona in 09

Beast

The Observer
When you stop being a winger in few games it's called tactical adjustment .. not a position.. SAF loved that as a sort of element of surprise
.. Ronaldo was still attacking from the left side all the time not close to the box as he was with Real in recent years hence the goal difference between his United days & his RM days...

Home of Barca Fans