Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Just like Messi he has been the untouchable footballer for the last 6-7 years .I don't care if he is not the most fancy player or not the most talented wonderboy or a average dribbler or is not likeable. He has made consistent impact for his teams for atleast 6 years which only Messi has done at the same level .

he has been one of the very good players around but he has been relegated from 2nd best to 3rd best and in 2011 to 4th best while Messi was consistently the best even trophies like euros could not fade away his brilliance and difference, so I'd say no he is not "untouchable like messi".
doesn't make him a poor player. Messi is simply playing out of reach.

Why are cules so defensive about this? Is Messi better by default even though he is not playing at his best. At this point I would say that Iniesta is better as well.

That comment was because time frames are very important in evaluating a player.

poldep

Cr7 is good, very good but he can't be compared to the best player ever after a tap-in and a penalty. RVP is imo a fantastic player, just like Cr7. But you can't compare Messi to anyone cuz there is nobody like him.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I can assure you,non taken. I am actually not bitter at all. sad yes, but bitter no. We deserved every single moment of that loss... but as usual we lose and people go on over reaction, taking players of the winning side up to clouds and crying for people's heads on the other side.

The opinion I gave here is the same as when we were winning left right and center, so it is not really based on losing and feeling the urge to hate on the winning side.
Cris Ronaldo is without a single grain of doubt one precious player,teams would give half their squads to have him in, but we cant not comment on players and their performances without having any perspective of the situation/situations leading to that and thats whats happening.
And about the Varane thread, thats the same story of raising to the clouds. Varane is a young talent that any team would like to have/invest on, Madrid had a catch there and great for them really, but saying after 2 matches he has Lionel Messi, a player that some of the greatest defenders have major trouble controlling, in his pocket in a one man way is just not true bordering on funny.

Opinions are a rolling function and facts are not. In two-three more Classico's the fact will remain that Messi did not beat Varane, but Varane performed his duties and then some (by keeping Messi out when presented with a challenge + scoring twice), on those two occasions. The opinions will change though, as it is a function of time and moments, so should Varane have a shit game (god forbid) then things will be swayed again. If he has a good match again, then more & more cules will start agreeing that Varane has Messi's number.

Same way Thuram had Ronaldo's number.

S

Smile

Cr7 is good, very good but he can't be compared to the best player ever after a tap-in and a penalty. RVP is imo a fantastic player, just like Cr7. But you can't compare Messi to anyone cuz there is nobody like him.

Tap-in penalty, so you believe people are saying Ronaldo is good or comparable to Messi because of a tap in penalty? :shakeshead:

As for the highlighted, yes you can and i believe the other was better (Maradona) I don't believe there's been anyone like C.Ronaldo and when you compare quality's between Ronaldo and Messi, i know who i would rather have in my team.

Last edited:
S

Smile

In your opinion, i hate the way Messi nuthuggers always put their 'opinion' on people as though its fact. It's like when Messi scores commentators and fans have to go 'great goal by the greatest player in the world' when Messi has a off game, it's like they have to remind us Messi is 'the greatest player in the world' incase we forgot.

When Barcelona lose commentators go 'Milan have just beat the best team in the world' erm no they have not, this is why we are playing the Champions League to find out who is the best, you don't get called 'THE BEST' on merit, Barcelona drew and lost against Chelsea last season and a good chance in going out again, so how can they be 'the best'.

Stuff like that really does my nut in.

Yugi

In your opinion, i hate the way Messi nuthuggers always put their 'opinion' on people as though its fact. It's like when Messi scores commentators and fans have to go 'great goal by the greatest player in the world' when Messi has a off game, it's like they have to remind us Messi is 'the greatest player in the world' incase we forgot.

When Barcelona lose commentators go 'Milan have just beat the best team in the world' erm no they have not, this is why we are playing the Champions League to find out who is the best, you don't get called 'THE BEST' on merit, Barcelona drew and lost against Chelsea last season and a good chance in going out again, so how can they be 'the best'.

http://www.nologic-forum.org <<<<< this way

Henry_IB

Banned

Last season Barcelona won all their competitons but the league and CL. For those who watched the CL games between Chelsea and Barcelona saw that Chelsea got majorly outplayed over the two ties and won because... don't really want to call it luck but yes, luck. This year up until now Barcelona has been cruising in the league and showed no real sign of slowing down compared to previous seasons. So it does warrent us to be called the best side in the world giving our history these last 5 years + how we've been doing this season up until this point.

However, this year will most likely end our right to be called the best side in the world.

S

Smile

Last season Barcelona won all their competitons but the league and CL. For those who watched the CL games between Chelsea and Barcelona saw that Chelsea got majorly outplayed over the two ties and won because... don't really want to call it luck but yes, luck. This year up until now Barcelona has been cruising in the league and showed no real sign of slowing down compared to previous seasons. So it does warrent us to be called the best side in the world giving our history these last 5 years + how we've been doing this season up until this point.

However, this year will most likely end our right to be called the best side in the world.

Barcelona have no right to be called the best team now, they aren't even Champions of their own country, never mind Europe. If you don't accept 'competing' and 'competition' as a means of finding out who the best is why should teams bother playing football? Why do you follow football?

And outplayed? In what way? Barcelona never even got a victory over Chelsea and Chelsea had a player sent off and still went on to score to get the win at the Nou Camp - Maybe you need to realise fart arsing around with the ball around the half way line, not having a clue what to do with it and creating a 70%-30% possession stat doesn't mean 'outplaying'.

Henry_IB

Banned
Barcelona have no right to be called the best team now, they aren't even Champions of their own country, never mind Europe. If you don't accept 'competing' and 'competition' as a means of finding out who the best is why should teams bother playing football? Why do you follow football?

And outplayed? In what way? Barcelona never even got a victory over Chelsea and Chelsea had a player sent off and still went on to score to get the win at the Nou Camp - Maybe you need to realise fart arsing around with the ball around the half way line, not having a clue what to do with it and creating a 70%-30% possession stat doesn't mean 'outplaying'.

Not even sure why I bothered to respond, should have known it was pointless.

Stric

UEFA and IFFHS both rank Barca #1 at the moment, so get over it. These are based on facts, not opinions.

The UEFA club coefficient rankings are based on the results of all European clubs in UEFA club competition.

The club coefficient rankings take into account the results of each club in UEFA club competition and are used to determine a club’s seeding in club competition draws.

El Gato

Villarato!
Not to argue with any of what's being said, but IFFHS is a hopeless reference for such things. According to their FACTS as you've stated Iker has been the best goalkeeper in the world for the past 5 years...

S

Smile

Oh yeah IFFHS's ranking system, where Athetico are ranked 2, Chelsea 3rd and Boca Juniors 4th and San Paolo 6th :facepalm:

I think a 5 year old could come up with a more credible ranking system than that, as for UEFA's well United went out of the group stages last season so that probably lowers them, they've been top of that for the last few years until last seasons flop, even though United flopped at home and abroad last season they finished higher than European Champions Chelsea in the league and regularly win the PL, the most competitive league in Europe and have took part in 3 out of the last 5 Champions League finals, so i think they have a claim to be the best along with Barcelona don't you?

I try and judge currently though and only way you can judge currently is the season gone by (previous winners) and present and Barcelona certainly aren't the best in either of those.

Doobs

The Messiah

So you're saying Chelsea outplayed us? :rofl1:

Home of Barca Fans