Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Kerrybai

I still think that Ronaldo (like 4 years earlier or something like that) was the only player who could come close to Messi. He was super fast,great dribbler,strong,amazing(not just good) in the air. He could score from anywhere on the pitch,just watch some youtube videos. The guy who could score free kicks or even from play from 40 metres or more out. Some people here argue that Ronaldo is overrated but I still think that the past CR7 was on Messi's level,something which nobody else ever did.

He never reached Messi prime level. Hes one of the greatest of all time but even on Redcafe the majority agree that he was never near to Messi.

xavisionary

Nope, he was never near Messi, but he was a hell of a lot closer than anybody else in his generation. My opinion will always be that (on the pitch) all footballers deserve respect - I'm not going to hate on CR7 for stupid celebrations and an underwear line. He's been consistently world class for the last 9 years; only Messi can boast that.

raskolnikov

Nope, he was never near Messi, but he was a hell of a lot closer than anybody else in his generation. My opinion will always be that (on the pitch) all footballers deserve respect - I'm not going to hate on CR7 for stupid celebrations and an underwear line. He's been consistently world class for the last 9 years; only Messi can boast that.
I want to add Suarez in his final Liverpool season to that, it was one of the most brilliant individual league performances for a club I have ever seen.
Of course only the league to focus on but he turned that mediocre bunch in a machine that nearly won the title.

When was Ronaldo at his absolute best though? I think around 2011/12

Morten

They are obviously very different players as well, but one thing is quite similiar, thats their consistensy and combined goals/assists per season. Its ridiculous how they make scoring 50+every season look like routine, hardly anyone else approach those numbers. Once in a while there is another player who have a super season, but they can rarely keep it up. Messi and Ronaldo has been at this consistent high for like 7 years or something in a row now.

BarcaOG

Banned
It little surprises me that in England people think he's better than Messi, after his United exploits. But of course, it's not like we can draw conclusions from one of these boxes only.

NotInHere

Was watching the Portugal vs Albania game and Cristiano looks really disconnected, I don't know if it has something to do with his lack of scoring or if its something else that's bothering him, but he made too many misplaced passes and was easily marked out of the game, so was the same case against the France game a couple days ago.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He's on a serious goal draught for the first time in years. Weird, but no one gets younger.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's just missing his old buddy, that's it. :(

SNN1005SPOT_1525331a.jpg

NotInHere

He's on serious goal draught for the first time in years. Weird, but no one gets younger.
He really is but he will start scoring sooner or later, I just don't think it will be at the same rate from years before, he looks a tad slow now for sure.

Home of Barca Fans