Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Horatio

You're welcome
Guys before you jump the gun you have to put his answer into the context. The question concerned up-and-coming talents. That's why he also mentioned Odegaard.
He possibly said "maybe Neymar" because Neymar is a little bit older and is already recognized as a very talented player.
Or also very likely maybe he said it in a sarcastic tone with a smile? Implying that Neymars potential is obvious.
We haven't seen video images.

I really don't see any negativity in this. He could have as easily chosen NOT to Neymar as he plays for the rivaling club. Reality is, he did. Some socio's might hold this against him now.
I can respect that he still dares to speak his mind and gives credit to Neymar.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Guys before you jump the gun you have to put his answer into the context. The question concerned up-and-coming talents. That's why he also mentioned Odegaard.
He possibly said "maybe Neymar" because Neymar is a little bit older and is already recognized as a very talented player.

I really don't see any negativity in this. He might as well have chosen NOT to Neymar as he plays for the rivaling club. Reality is, he did. Some socio's might hold this against him now.
I can respect that he still dares to speak his mind.
Hazard is older than Ney, Pogba and Depay are 1/2 years younger. thats the same generation, only Odegaard is really young.
Only reason he reluctanty mentioned him is Neyboy being a barca player.

Reality is that Neymar is surpassing him this year.

Horatio

You're welcome
Only reason he reluctanty mentioned him is Neyboy being a barca player.

Exactly my point! But he did in the end as he just as easily could have thought of another player or just end his answer after naming the other four.
The guy gave credit. I don't see a Ramos or Arbeloa do that anytime soon.

raskolnikov

Exactly my point! But he did in the end as he just as easily could have thought of another player or just end his answer after naming the other four.
The guy gave credit. I don't see a Ramos or Arbeloa do that anytime soon.
Nobody cares about what they have to say. Its not admirabe to give a little credit to an opponent, its normal when justied.
He is actually insulting Neymar though, putting him in the upcoming talented player bracket when there is no reason why Neymar should be below him this year, same with Suarez or even Lewandowski for that matter.

AnnieSureshot

J0qq3thLkyBdS.gif

mark1nhu

Would be a nice reality check for cristiano if he was left out of the podium in 2 months.

Definitely.

I am amused by how self absorbed he is. I mean, we always knew that, but it is in fact way more than I ever imagined.

That cunt really really think he is the true best in the world, what the actual fuck?????

While Neymar has his father to keep his feet in the ground, he has his agent repeatedly telling he is above Messi.

What a joke, what a pathetic huge joke.

raskolnikov

Imagine a world without Messi, we would be stuck with this narcissist for 8 years and everyone kissing his ass. It would be so cringeworthy.
Funny thing is despite his obsession and all his hard work Messi is still easily above him.
Goku vs Vegeta comparison definitly applies, or Mozart vs rich man's Salieri:p

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Playing devil's advocate here, but if Ronaldo himself doesn't say he thinks that he's the best in the world, then why the hell would anyone else? It's all about the brand, and he and his agent know that. And there's got to be a reason why Ronaldo's son is such a huge Messi fan. Right? The boy's only 5 after all.

:sherlock:

Last edited:

Alik

Imagine a world without Messi, we would be stuck with this narcissist for 8 years and everyone kissing his ass. It would be so cringeworthy.
Funny thing is despite his obsession and all his hard work Messi is still easily above him.
Goku vs Vegeta comparison definitly applies, or Mozart vs rich man's Salieri:p

Except that Vegeta is arguably more likeable than Goku.

oggydude

Ronaldo said his goal is to maintain his level, he probably knows he is on the decline, has been for over a season now but its understandable at his age, but to call him the most overrated player ever is ridiculous he was by far the second best player of the last 8 years, and the only player who could compete with Messi and that alone is praiseworthy.

Cristiano could never compete with Messi... Instead he focused all his energies on overtaking him in one single aspect, goalscoring. And he didn't succeed.

Home of Barca Fans