Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

gasgas

I'd say he chose very smartly. he realized that he is the inferior player. he noted how people are becoming more and more preoccupied with goals. And so he started focusing on that only.
RESULT: for a number of seasons now he has had the majority of people think that he and messi are in the same level, and it is head to head between them even though Messi is a much better player overall.
I learnt a life lesson. Find an area where you can be great at, and can bring you the best rewards, focus on that area as it may even lead you to being considered the best despite the few disadvantages you have in other areas :tito:

mark1nhu

Ronaldo said his goal is to maintain his level, he probably knows he is on the decline, has been for over a season now but its understandable at his age, but to call him the most overrated player ever is ridiculous he was by far the second best player of the last 8 years, and the only player who could compete with Messi and that alone is praiseworthy.

That's the reason. You can only "compete" with Messi being overrated.

He is great but nowhere near Messi to compete with him.

JamDav1982

Cristiano could never compete with Messi... Instead he focused all his energies on overtaking him in one single aspect, goalscoring. And he didn't succeed.

That's not true.

Ronaldo had turned into the player scoring an insane amount of goals BEFORE Messi had.

Ronaldo also has a lot of assists as well. Not Messi level but one of top in Europe over the past 4/5 years I think.

Not bad being a failure to only Messi in terms of goals and only marginally behind.

Ronaldo is limited on the ball at the very top of players but he beats any of them hands down in terms of movement and desire to get in attacking areas.

Who gives a fuck if he thinks he is better than Messi. It is probably right he does from his perspective.

Messi is and will go down on football as better than him quite easily when all said and done but Ronaldo is a legendary player and for my money better than likes of Zidane, Figo etc.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Exactly. Sometimes I think some of us Barca and Messi fans are too zealous to jump on every opportunity to mock Ronaldo. Too much for me.

As long as you handle yourself like a sportsman (Ronaldo has a few lapses here when he gets frustrated, but hey, who doesn't) and respect your rival, it's all good.

Morten

Exactly. Sometimes I think some of us Barca and Messi fans are too zealous to jump on every opportunity to mock Ronaldo. Too much for me.

Yeah, i know were alot of the hate is coming from, this is a barca forum and he is certainly no saint. But he gets absolutely crucified for the most insignificant things in here, its quite hilarious. Why all this obsession with him, i dont understand.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, i know were alot of the hate is coming from, this is a barca forum and he is certainly no saint. But he gets absolutely crucified for the most insignificant things in here, its quite hilarious. Why all this obsession with him, i dont understand.

Right. There should be no more debate as to who is better or who has been better, hands down Messi by a big margin so there should be no sense of insecurity from us.

Some of his antics and shit moves aside, I actually think Ronaldo is quite comical. I like him as long as he is not scoring goals or providing assists for you guys. ;)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Haha, it's ok to think you're the best, Messi probably does too, but it's another thing to be a total douchebag and call yourself a legend.

He's a disgrace, and the fact that he has so much media coverage and kids are already mimiking him makes me wanna throw up.

Last edited:

Morten

Right. There should be no more debate as to who is better or who has been better, hands down Messi by a big margin so there should be no sense of insecurity from us.

Some of his antics and shit moves aside, I actually think Ronaldo is quite comical. I like him as long as he is not scoring goals or providing assists for you guys. ;)

I also dont get this obsession with the messi vs Ronaldo debate, funnily, it seems barca-fans are much more interested in it. Messi is a better player, but thats beside the point, why is it so damn important for certain folks to convince everyone else to have the same opinion?
That generally regards many subjects in life, people have different opinions, why someone is so hell-bent on convincing others to share the same view i cant understand. Let people make up their own opinions on things.

Horatio

You're welcome
I also dont get this obsession with the messi vs Ronaldo debate, funnily, it seems barca-fans are much more interested in it. Messi is a better player, but thats beside the point, why is it so damn important for certain folks to convince everyone else to have the same opinion?
That generally regards many subjects in life, people have different opinions, why someone is so hell-bent on convincing others to share the same view i cant understand. Let people make up their own opinions on things.

Ofcourse Barca-fans are much more interested in it. Madristas are on the losing side. Not in their best interest to admit Messi is better.

F

Flavia

I see more cr fanboys doing that, actually. Not here, but everywhere else. They're not necessarily rm fans either.

Home of Barca Fans