Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

RMU ReBorn

Ronaldo said his goal is to maintain his level, he probably knows he is on the decline, has been for over a season now but its understandable at his age, but to call him the most overrated player ever is ridiculous he was by far the second best player of the last 8 years, and the only player who could compete with Messi and that alone is praiseworthy.

If Tap in's aren't the only criteria To judge a player Xavi has Been 2nd Best over the past10 years !!! ;)

RMU ReBorn

That's not true.

Ronaldo had turned into the player scoring an insane amount of goals BEFORE Messi had.

Ronaldo also has a lot of assists as well. Not Messi level but one of top in Europe over the past 4/5 years I think.

Not bad being a failure to only Messi in terms of goals and only marginally behind.

Ronaldo is limited on the ball at the very top of players but he beats any of them hands down in terms of movement and desire to get in attacking areas.

Who gives a fuck if he thinks he is better than Messi. It is probably right he does from his perspective.

Messi is and will go down on football as better than him quite easily when all said and done but Ronaldo is a legendary player and for my money better than likes of Zidane, Figo etc.
Better than Zidane ?? :lol: In Rma he is Not even Better than Raul considering The impact That spanish striker Had on Rm's Title wins From 95-2003 !!!

RMU ReBorn

Exactly this. If you don't believe in yourself then nobody else will.
There is A difference in believing And Blabbering stupid Things in Media . Being a Sporting icon He should Choose his words properly "i dont care what others think " Sounds so Arrogant

JamDav1982

There is A difference in believing And Blabbering stupid Things in Media . Being a Sporting icon He should Choose his words properly "i dont care what others think " Sounds so Arrogant

He is arrogant though and he admits it.

Why is that worse than him pretending to be humble?

At least he is being honest and not giving the usual bland answers that a lot of footballers give.

JamDav1982

Better than Zidane ?? :lol: In Rma he is Not even Better than Raul considering The impact That spanish striker Had on Rm's Title wins From 95-2003 !!!

Zidane to me was hugely over rated on the basis of a few final goals.

Week in week out I watched him at Real and was underwhelmed for a lot of it.

Raul never had a Barca side this good to compete against did he? He never won any balondors did he? Depsite those titles.

RMU ReBorn

if Ronaldo leaves And Bale stays Then it Advantage Madrid . Bale will unleash And might turn out to be a beast in his natural position ...!! Benz As center forward And With james &Modric play making ,Rma can be a force to reckon With in future ,provided They Appoints A coach like carlo ....!! important Thing is James,Bale And Benz will be Free from the pressure of Ronaldo Magnet .. They can pass to Any one in the Box ,They can shoot from Any were ...They can play as a single Unit ...!! As a Barca Fan i dont Want Ronaldo to leave ..His Ego will work in favour of Barca :D

mark1nhu

He is arrogant though and he admits it.

Why is that worse than him pretending to be humble?

At least he is being honest and not giving the usual bland answers that a lot of footballers give.

Be honest about arrogance doesn't turn arrogance a likeable thing.

RMU ReBorn

Zidane to me was hugely over rated on the basis of a few final goals.

Week in week out I watched him at Real and was underwhelmed for a lot of it.

Raul never had a Barca side this good to compete against did he? He never won any balondors did he? Depsite those titles.
Come on ,Ballon Dor shouldnt be a Criteria to judge a player . Raul delivered when it matters Most for madrid ... what's the use of countless Tap ins if it doesn't help your team wins More and More Titles ?? And Barca Had Figo -Rivaldo Duo in his era And won Liga Back to back in late 90's .Are u sure That barca wasnt Strong enough ?

JamDav1982

Come on ,Ballon Dor shouldnt be a Criteria to judge a player . Raul delivered when it matters Most for madrid ... what's the use of countless Tap ins if it doesn't help your team wins More and More Titles ?? And Barca Had Figo -Rivaldo Duo in his era And won Liga Back to back in late 90's .Are u sure That barca wasnt Strong enough ?

'Countless tap ins'.... if it was that easy then why are other players not doing it?

Balondor award is as good an indication of individual player ability you will get....unless it proves you theory wrong of course.

What are you on about the Barca side of the late 90s? You think that team compares to the team now? It is not even close at all.

JamDav1982

Be honest about arrogance doesn't turn arrogance a likeable thing.

Who said it is likeable?

Ronaldo himself aknowledges some people dont like it but at least he is being honest and not trying to portray a fake image.

Some of you lot are fucking obsessed with Ronaldo.

NotInHere

ever since cr arrived in madrid I have not seen him truly make a difference in a final, la decima was won because of di maria tbh. CR has won so little in Madrid that it's laughable to compare him with the rm immortals

Morten

'Countless tap ins'.... if it was that easy then why are other players not doing it?

Balondor award is as good an indication of individual player ability you will get....unless it proves you theory wrong of course.

What are you on about the Barca side of the late 90s? You think that team compares to the team now? It is not even close at all.

Ballon dor is perhaps the best way to judge forwards, but midfielder/defenders/gk gets no such recognitions. Are forwards always the best players? I dont think so, but one of them will get the ballon dor regardless. So no, ballon dor isnt always a good way to judge players.

Morten

ever since cr arrived in madrid I have not seen him truly make a difference in a final, la decima was won because of di maria tbh. CR has won so little in Madrid that it's laughable to compare him with the rm immortals

What? You forgot his header in that cup-final already?

JamDav1982

Di Maria was the best player in that final and Ronaldo was quite clearly not fit. Not same as 'Di Maria winning the La Decima'

Ronaldo has scored the winner in a final against Barca.

His career did not start at Real remember and he scored in more than one final and got MOTM for Man Utd in CL, FA Cup, League Cup etc.

Home of Barca Fans