Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Morten

In terms of trophies, you could find a quite a few United/Bayern/barca randoms who could be considered better players than the rest, but its not that simple, is it?

mark1nhu

I respect that view, but i dont see the need to downplay individual players. Raul is the bigger for Real Madrid than Ronaldo, because of the longevity, being a local player and trophy haul. Its not because he is a better player. Yet no one downplays Raul in any sense, but everyone crucify Ronaldo for his flaws.

I am not discussing who is technically better.

It means nothing to me. Really.

mark1nhu

Well that is just crazy.

Rivaldo was not as good a player for Barca than Ronaldo has been for Real. It is not even close.

Comparing technical skills head to head, you are right.

Comparing contribution to CLUB stature? No way.

Rivaldo was definitely way more important for Barça than Ronaldo ever was for Madrid, even Ronaldo being a better player (which he clearly is).

Rivaldo deserves a spot as "Barça Legend". Ronaldo doesnt ("football legend", for sure).

dakt

No he doesnt. He quite clearly always brackets them together and occassionaly says if pushed he prefers Ronaldo.

Why would he openly come out and say Messi is the best? He knows how Ronaldo would take that and he is too loyal to let that happen.

The fact he always brackets them together tells the true story I would say.

For the one Balon dor he won that maybe didnt deserve he was the best player in world in 2007 when came third.

Basically he says that Ronaldo is better because he's stronger and can play anywhere, while poor midget can only play in Barcelona.
As far as I'm concerned, with all due respect to him, fuck Ferguson. Even admitting that Messi is better and acting like the gap is negligible is also an idiotism.

Ronaldo is great player, but so is Iniesta and Xavi. Messi is something else.

Morten

I am not discussing who is technically better.

It means nothing to me. Really.

Yeah, its in the same way for me, in a way. I dont care much for individual players as the team itself. Im not in favor of giving unprecedented blame/praise on singular players, its a team game.

dakt

Dude you should understand one Thing , My Mother Tongue is not English . There will be mistakes as i am not used to type every thing grammatically . Any way i will try to Reduce the mistakes . It's My love and passion towards this Club that urged me to join this forum . Never knew That Typing English with perfection was Needed here . pardon me for small mistakes

Well in that case I'm sorry. It looked like you're one of the cool INTERNETZ kid with "modern" spelling.:cheers:

JamDav1982

Comparing technical skills head to head, you are right.

Comparing contribution to CLUB stature? No way.

Rivaldo was definitely way more important for Barça than Ronaldo ever was for Madrid, even Ronaldo being a better player (which he clearly is).

Rivaldo deserves a spot as "Barça Legend". Ronaldo doesnt ("football legend", for sure).

Technically Rivaldo undoubtedly superior to Ronaldo. Many of Reals current players are techincally better than Ronaldo.

You seem to change the rules to fit. Preciously it was all about silverware....but that ceases to be the issue when it is a player you like.

RMU ReBorn

No it clearly shows he ISNT biased and can talk and compare all his 'favourite sons' objectively and elevate some above others.
Regarding this topic ,let's agree to disagree . It's getting boring as we are repeating the same points again and again . In my opinion Fergie is heavily biased and prejudiced When it comes to judging united player's . :D

JamDav1982

Basically he says that Ronaldo is better because he's stronger and can play anywhere, while poor midget can only play in Barcelona.
As far as I'm concerned, with all due respect to him, fuck Ferguson. Even admitting that Messi is better and acting like the gap is negligible is also an idiotism.

Ronaldo is great player, but so is Iniesta and Xavi. Messi is something else.

As I said occasionaly he says that but even in that video he seems a bit sheepish saying it.

Vast majority of time he groups them together.

He will NEVER say Messi is better as he knows that would pretty much end any relationship with Ronaldo and his ego.

JamDav1982

Regarding this topic ,let's agree to disagree . It's getting boring as we are repeating the same points again and again . In my opinion Fergie is heavily biased and prejudiced When it comes to judging united player's . :D

There is only one Man Utd player he elevates to the level of being close to Messi and thats Ronaldo though.

If anything Fergie is quite harsh with a lot of ex Man Utd players. Saying the likes of Schmeicel, Keane, Stam etc were not world class.

RMU ReBorn

Well in that case I'm sorry. It looked like you're one of the cool INTERNETZ kid with "modern" spelling.:cheers:
No . Definitely Not . i dont Have any intention to use 'txt' language . i often have problems in conveying my idea's and thoughts , because English not being my mother Tongue it's tough . i can't be As fluent like you guys are . Hope u understands what i am trying to convey :cheers:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No . Definitely Not . i dont Have any intention to use 'txt' language . i often have problems in conveying my idea's and thoughts , because English not being my mother Tongue it's tough . i can't be As fluent like you guys are . Hope u understands what i am trying to convey :cheers:

We can understand you just fine, man. Don't stress about it. Your English is good.

Home of Barca Fans