Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Not playing against Cadiz tomorrow, I'm expecting some just married selfies from morocco ! :lol:

Kerrybai

Just allocating points on the first goal is pointless. Theres who the goal was against, what they did or created to get the goal etc

His track record against big teams speaks for itself, 15 goals against us for starters. Allocating points squashes the myth that he gets a high amount of goals when the game is over etc, basically pointless goals.

Vlom

Can somebody translate this for me?

It's basically the story of a gradually more discontent cristiano from start of the game to the end.

Telling Pepe that the team plays "horrible!" and making gestures towards Benitez of "this is not working", then his face of disbelief when he sees James is the one being subbed.

His track record against big teams speaks for itself, 15 goals against us for starters. Allocating points squashes the myth that he gets a high amount of goals when the game is over etc, basically pointless goals.

There were some extensive graphs posted just recently showing that he is NOT on par with Messi when it comes to scoring against top opposition mate, probably not as bad as we'd want it to be but definitely NOT on par, Messi destroys him against the big teams.

Kerrybai

It's basically the story of a gradually more discontent cristiano from start of the game to the end.

Telling Pepe that the team plays "horrible!" and making gestures towards Benitez of "this is not working", then his face of disbelief when he sees James is the one being subbed.

There were some extensive graphs posted just recently showing that he is NOT on par with Messi when it comes to scoring against top opposition mate, probably not as bad as we'd want it to be but definitely NOT on par, Messi destroys him against the big teams.

Didn't say he was on par against big teams, but he's not far off and Messi over the course of his career. Messi certainly doesn't destory him in that regard. My initial point still stands, Messi scores the same amount of 'worthless' goals as him. I'll look through my files and try to find the stats.

Vlom

Didn't say he was on par against big teams, but he's not far off and Messi over the course of his career. Messi certainly doesn't destory him in that regard. My initial point still stands, Messi scores the same amount of 'worthless' goals as him. I'll look through my files and try to find the stats.

That I can agree with, as it's unavoidable, Messi scores tons against everyone so that's normal, scoring against top opposition on the other hand is where the difference is, let alone goals + assists, and let's not even talk about chances created, or self-created goals etc .. bref :)

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??

That doesn't matter though.
In order for your research to be true, you have to add 1 more criterion, the value of each individual goal. For example, cristiano scores a tap in for a 1-0 real victory, 4 points for him, messi scores a wonder goal for a 1-0 barca victory, 8 points for him.
If and only if you do that, then your results will be trustworthy.

Kerrybai

That doesn't matter though.
In order for your research to be true, you have to add 1 more criterion, the value of each individual goal. For example, cristiano scores a tap in for a 1-0 real victory, 4 points for him, messi scores a wonder goal for a 1-0 barca victory, 8 points for him.
If and only if you do that, then your results will be trustworthy.

That's a whole other debate and has nothing to do with what I said. The only thing I'm arguing is that Ronaldo doesn't get more worthless goals than him.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
First you say Ronaldo scores more pointless goals than Messi that gets debunked , and now its about how beautiful the goal is. I keep reading that CR7 is born in a pool and if I have to guess it must be filled with your salty tears. How many barcaforum goals did Messi score when he scored those 91 goals in one calender year ? (by barcaforum goals I mean : No tap ins , ,no penaltys , no statpadding , no goals against last 5 of the league table or really weak teams and no headers becuase they are easy aswell)

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
First you say Ronaldo scores more pointless goals than Messi that gets debunked , and now its about how beautiful the goal is. I keep reading that CR7 is born in a pool and if I have to guess it must be filled with your salty tears. How many barcaforum goals did Messi score when he scored those 91 goals in one calender year ? (by barcaforum goals I mean : No tap ins , ,no penaltys , no statpadding , no goals against last 5 of the league table or really weak teams and no headers becuase they are easy aswell)

In Messi's defense his tap-ins are less revelant as in most cases he created the chance himself gets it back and then 'taps it in'.
The argument against Ronaldo is beside good positioning for easy goals he doesn't impress very much.

I am actually supportive of Ronaldo, but the argument about him holds up pretty well in recent years.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
In Messi's defense his tap-ins are less revelant as in most cases he created the chance himself gets it back and then 'taps it in'.
The argument against Ronaldo is beside good positioning for easy goals he doesn't impress very much.

I am actually supportive of Ronaldo, but the argument about him holds up pretty well in recent years.

If its "just good positioning" that gets him those goals , why arent alot more strikers dropping 50 a 60 goals a season ? And the argument of him having good players around him that gets him those goals shouldn't be used , becuase Ive seen how many goals Giroud scored with ozil behind him. We keep praising how Neymar was crucial last season with his deadly runs and finishes , but if CR pulls an amazing run and finishes it off it's called an easy goal

Vlom

Mean without the ball , a run behind defensive line like Neymar used to do lot last season.

Neymar was a lot like CR last season and the comparison was even made many times here on the forum, he was our poacher.

He still was 2x the player CR is though if only for his dribbling abilities.

It baffles me how hard you guys try to hype Cristiano, but whatever gets you going :)

Home of Barca Fans