Daniel Alves

xsever

So Dani is trying to clear the ball and Pepe is, AS USUAL, flying with his foot extended and hits Dani directly.

The commentator is on crack for sure and anyone sane should not have any problem with this. I MEAN JUST WATCH!

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
My opinion ? Doubtful red. Pepe clearly went for the ball didn't get a piece of it and Dani milked it 200% (like Di Maria often does, just sayin in case someone comes in and flames for no reason). There was contact and it was harsh, not extremely brutal, but a harsh foul with extended leg, but Pepe didn't mean to hit Dani directly and I think intentions are very important when it comes to judging the tackles.

If this was a red card then samely red card was deserved for Mascherano kicking Pepe in the legs as if they were a football and he was trying to volley it.

PS: I'm not here to listen to any of you saying I'm blind. If you want to discuss then discuss in a normal manner, otherwise I'm out, because I've outlined my opinion and I have no business listening to abuse my friends.

xsever

Given Pepe's behavior in previous classicos (stepping on Messi namely), I think he fully deserved it. If Marcelo was awarded that penalty, then this being a red is beyond fair!

I also remember in the previous classico, Busquets had an extended leg and got the ball without touching his player yet the ref whistled for a foul simply because his leg was extended. Now with the leg extended hitting Dani like this, again the RED is fair.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
My opinion ? Doubtful red. Pepe clearly went for the ball didn't get a piece of it and Dani milked it 200% (like Di Maria often does, just sayin in case someone comes in and flames for no reason). There was contact and it was harsh, not extremely brutal, but a harsh foul with extended leg, but Pepe didn't mean to hit Dani directly and I think intentions are very important when it comes to judging the tackles.

If this was a red card then samely red card was deserved for Mascherano kicking Pepe in the legs as if they were a football and he was trying to volley it.

PS: I'm not here to listen to any of you saying I'm blind. If you want to discuss then discuss in a normal manner, otherwise I'm out, because I've outlined my opinion and I have no business listening to abuse my friends.

You're blind, hehehehe...

No really, intentions are very hard to judge and if refs were to judge intentions, then we'd have almost no fouls/handballs at all, because most of them come from mistakes by defender or ability of the attacker, not because someone wanted to kick the shit out of another player... Pepe was also really stupid as he has now made himself a (well deserved IMO) reputation of being a thug, so yeah, he got it this time... Clear red in my opinion...

desoe

Dani is a good actor and we all know it from his Seville days. Anyway, I really hope he doesn't get booked in the second leg, because he already missed one final against Man United. I don't want him to miss another one.

El Gato

Villarato!
I also remember in the previous classico, Busquets had an extended leg and got the ball without touching his player yet the ref whistled for a foul simply because his leg was extended. Now with the leg extended hitting Dani like this, again the RED is fair.

Extended leg is a foul, but not a red card foul. Did Busi get a red for this ? He didn't. Extended leg tackles can vary and only those which break legs or cause severe injuries are undoubtful reds. Opinions vary on this pretty much.

As for Wasilewski comparison, very different circumstances, shouldn't be compared because there wasn't a chance of a leg break in this case, a bruise at worst I would say.

As I said opinions vary and it shouldn't be treated as a clear red card by any chance.

I would also like to see Mascherano kick to Pepe, because I think it was equally harsh and it didn't look like Masch was any concerned about the ball on that play.

xsever

Did Busi get a red for this ? He didn't.

He didn't because as I said, he did not touch the player. The foul was given simply because his leg was in the air.

From AS

AS....

ASLOL.jpg

El Gato

Villarato!
Extended legs are hazardous hence why fouls are often given even if there is no contact, but they are rarely worth a red and in this case it was a yellow at most when it comes to cards, and only in my opinion.

As for the photos it's different camera angles which you can tell by looking at where Busquets(?) stands. Even on the replay I posted above you can see that Pepe hits the ball then his the foot and fouls the player in a harsh manner. Also, the first photo was taken just a second after the contact (pause 0:10 on the video). Nothing rigged, just AS making it look more favourable for Madrid and understandably so, because it was a foul but they're trying to make it look like unworthy of a red, which it was.

SeloBarca

Stretched legg, with the studs before is always a red card. Its just like a tackle on the leggs from behind, automaticly a red card

Home of Barca Fans