Daniel Alves

Papabeef

He had a dismal display tonight... I was specially angered at their first goal where he didn't even attempt to block the shot, and he didn't add anything in offense either... Better get his focus next week...

My feelings exactly !! could have easily blocked it, in fact his body language was more like he needs to move away.. as i was saying in match chat, think his recent own goal got to him a bit there.

Anyways Dani is one of those players that really have an effect on the squad if he's having a good day or not, lets hope he steps it up next couple of matches, how vital is October !!..

M

mitkoa7x

Hope he's ok after that elbow. Outrageous that Busi got a red and Matic got away with that even on a yellow card already...

Pepe Silvia

Hope he's ok after that elbow. Outrageous that Busi got a red and Matic got away with that even on a yellow card already...
To be honest I don't think the refs saw the Matic play as clearly as the Busi one. I actually didn't see the Alves one that clearly (only once on replay it did look reckless challenge). Any word on his injury? Hope he is alright. He played much better today and I hope he is okay for Madrid.

Trickykid

To be honest I don't think the refs saw the Matic play as clearly as the Busi one. I actually didn't see the Alves one that clearly (only once on replay it did look reckless challenge). Any word on his injury? Hope he is alright. He played much better today and I hope he is okay for Madrid.

On the broadcast I followed, it was clear as day that Matic barged into Dani elbow first. Even though he's of course a terrible drama queen, I really didn't like the way Dani winced on the side line when the doc touched his cheek. He'd better be ready for Los Merengues - with or without Phantom of the Opera style mask.

Ursegor

World Champion
I liked his game yesterday. He played more conservatively and kept Gaitan quiet. Whereas Alba was the one with freedom to go forward. Which also benefitted Sanchez on the left but left Pedro a bit isolated on the right. Clear instructions by Tito to overload Benfica's right side IMO. Also noticeable when you look where Messi drifted to cross the ball to Alexis. How often do you see Messi drifting to the left wing to cross a ball into the box? Seems like Tito identified Benfica's right side as a weak point. :tito:

PacoBJuarez

I liked his game yesterday. He played more conservatively and kept Gaitan quiet. Whereas Alba was the one with freedom to go forward. Which also benefitted Sanchez on the left but left Pedro a bit isolated on the right. Clear instructions by Tito to overload Benfica's right side IMO. Also noticeable when you look where Messi drifted to cross the ball to Alexis. How often do you see Messi drifting to the left wing to cross a ball into the box? Seems like Tito identified Benfica's right side as a weak point. :tito:

Completely agree with your analysis there, I was thinking a few of the same things while watching the match. And it obviously worked, Alexis alone was part of a ton of scoring chances from that side.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Actually I think it was the other way around, Gaitán kept Dani quiet... Usually Gaitán plays a more advanced role in the pitch and plays in their right wing drifting towards the center, which was totally different to what we saw yesterday where he practically played as a left back... Gaitán was clearly instructed to block Dani and nothing else, which is a shame for Benfica considering his abilities...

Barca8

I heard PSG want Dani Alves. Dani has been a great soldier but his form dipped last season and it looks like he's started this season where he left off. He has left a lot of holes for others to cover and when he tries to make up time/space he usually makes a mistake like an own goal; not defending and a goal is scored. I think if PSG give us 20-25 mil we can let him go.

Montoya being a product of our system can easily slide in but if we were to purchase a new RB who do you all think would fit?
Danillo (Porto)? Rafael (ManUre)? Abate (Milan)? Any ideas?

Papabeef

I heard PSG want Dani Alves. Dani has been a great soldier but his form dipped last season and it looks like he's started this season where he left off. He has left a lot of holes for others to cover and when he tries to make up time/space he usually makes a mistake like an own goal; not defending and a goal is scored. I think if PSG give us 20-25 mil we can let him go.

Montoya being a product of our system can easily slide in but if we were to purchase a new RB who do you all think would fit?
Danillo (Porto)? Rafael (ManUre)? Abate (Milan)? Any ideas?

Out of that list i would go for Abate, think the lad is brilliant, attack minded + defense able, his passing is neat as well. But i must disagree about the whole concept of Selling Dani, Who is probably the RB with the most club assists in the passed 4 years (no stats to prove but i would expect so), Alves is not having a 100% form obviously but is well needed for this Barca squad imo.

Barca8

Out of that list i would go for Abate, think the lad is brilliant, attack minded + defense able, his passing is neat as well. But i must disagree about the whole concept of Selling Dani, Who is probably the RB with the most club assists in the passed 4 years (no stats to prove but i would expect so), Alves is not having a 100% form obviously but is well needed for this Barca squad imo.

Yeah I agree with you on both points. Dani has proven himself to be the best RB in the world for all his assists and the attack he's braught down that right side. He's also broken up so many attacks especially with great performances against those Madristas. If he did leave I think Abate would be a good replacement.

Home of Barca Fans