Daniel Alves

He can be brilliant (as we saw last week) but he's inconsistent as fuck. I think playing Montoya more to make sure Alves doesn't get too comfortable with his starting spot should help fix that problem.

Irish_Cules

I like Alves and he should stay at the club until he retires if he wishes. However I really think Montoya should take the starting position next season. Dani's good performances are becoming too sporadic. We saw the best of him in the first leg and the worst of him tonight. He kept getting caught too far forward and did not track back fast enough. He still is a very good player and I would happily keep him until he retires. He's a good guy to have around the dressing room and he would be great to have as a rotational player. I just think if Montoya was given a run in the team we would look far more solid.

I like Alves and he should stay at the club until he retires if he wishes. However I really think Montoya should take the starting position next season. Dani's good performances are becoming too sporadic. We saw the best of him in the first leg and the worst of him tonight. He kept getting caught too far forward and did not track back fast enough. He still is a very good player and I would happily keep him until he retires. He's a good guy to have around the dressing room and he would be great to have as a rotational player. I just think if Montoya was given a run in the team we would look far more solid.

I don't think Alves should be benched, yet at least. I just think Montoya should be given more playing time, to make sure Alves doesn't get too comfortable with his starting spot. That would bring the best out of him IMO.

Androutsos

Am I wrong in thinking he may be responsible for a very high percentage of the goals we concede? Bad positioning, or mistakes.

Stric

Am I wrong in thinking he may be responsible for a very high percentage of the goals we concede? Bad positioning, or mistakes.

You are right. And the worst part is that all these goals are pretty much exactly the same.

I'd love to find a compilation of situations in which there is a counter attack, and Alves does absolutely nothing. He's not the only one, though. Our team just looks like they're sleeping sometimes. There was a counterattack in today's game and obviously most of our team was too slow or too lazy to pull back, but Ibra slowed the game down completely and stopped, and even then, half of our team stayed in PSG's half and didn't bother to retreat. It's embarrassing.

Garrus

Only his inconsistency to blame for that.
No, It's due to the fact the fans treat every single game as an entity of it's own, Spending hours if not days discussing every single detail of only a 90 minutes game, But again what do you expect when you have entire days between matches and a forum full of members who just want to talk, Yet i believe there is smart and constructive talk, And just plain BS.

Kerrybai

We don't know who is responsible. Basically Alves gets caught out of position a lot so as a RB we naturally blame him... however Tito and Co might be telling Alves to effectively play on the right wing in which case it's only natural he will be caught out.

Home of Barca Fans