Daniel Alves

oz187

The goal was not his fault. Barca were attacking and he was creating width on the right wing. He tried his best to get back but Pastore had too much of a head start. Even with him forward, Barca had 3 defenders up against 3 attackers, if those 3 defenders had disrupted the flow of the attack in any way Dani would have got back and made it 4 against 3.

SeloBarca

Actually i think he did alot of good runs. He was actually free many times but the ball never went to him, not until Messi came on

Cule4life

The Culest
Alves is inconsistent in providing attacking threats but consistent in defending poorly. Trying to dribble PSG players in the last minutes when we needed to maintain possession :facepalm:

Nowadays against strong teams Alba is asked to stay back and hence effectively we only play with one attacking FB. Maybe not this season but from next season why dont we try Montoya at RB and use Alba as our attacking FB. Alba is great at attacking as shown by his performances with Spain and he's better at defending and more pacy than Alves and hence he will track back more effectively. Im 100% sure we will concede a lot less goals with this formation.

Or if Tito loves Alves too much then play Montoya at RB and use Alves as winger. But seriously Alves at RB doesnt cut it anymore. He's one of the major reasons of our pathetic defence. The regression of loverboy Pique being another major factor

barcanuck

Alves is inconsistent in providing attacking threats but consistent in defending poorly. Trying to dribble PSG players in the last minutes when we needed to maintain possession :facepalm:

Nowadays against strong teams Alba is asked to stay back and hence effectively we only play with one attacking FB. Maybe not this season but from next season why dont we try Montoya at RB and use Alba as our attacking FB. Alba is great at attacking as shown by his performances with Spain and he's better at defending and more pacy than Alves and hence he will track back more effectively. Im 100% sure we will concede a lot less goals with this formation.

Or if Tito loves Alves too much then play Montoya at RB and use Alves as winger. But seriously Alves at RB doesnt cut it anymore. He's one of the major reasons of our pathetic defence. The regression of loverboy Pique being another major factor

This whole post is just ripe to be picked apart.

Cule4life

The Culest
Him vs Ribery

oh-god-why.jpg

slim boogy

Guys.... I've seen alves v Ronaldo many times and handle him. Its clear he's instructed to bomb forward constantly so opponents will seize opportunities to hit quick balls into his flank but if he's instructed to defend deep he can handle ribery

Irish_Cules

Ye Dani likes a challenge and he rises to the challenge more often than not. It's only in recent classicos that Ronaldo has gotten the better of him.

jamrock

People need to understand the difference between valves bombing forward as a critical component of our game and him being bad at defending, if he stays back and play the typical fb position I have no worries what so ever

Faceless

No more faces at night
People need to understand the difference between valves bombing forward as a critical component of our game and him being bad at defending, if he stays back and play the typical fb position I have no worries what so ever

Right on the damn spot. With someone like ribery and muller... He will be the big reason for our defense's leaks.

Irish_Cules

Agreed

When he knows he will be up against one of the best wingers in the world he is usually much more careful in his forward runs and mindful of his defensive duties.

ceefoo

:alves: is not in the team for his defensive qualities.

And after his DISGRACEFUL performance against PSG @ home 2/10, what is he contributing to the team?

As I previously said; his crossing was so bad in that game, he could well have been blindfolded. And in the 2nd, when the ball fell to him just inside the penalty box with the team trailing 0-1, I was urging him to "Get your foot over the ball".

But Dani being Dani showed his typical lousy technique, leant back and blazed his shot miles over the bar from 12 yards.

He can no longer be relied upon/trusted in important games and imo should no longer be Barca's first choice RB.

We'll stand more chance against Bayern with :montoya:

Home of Barca Fans