Daniel Alves

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Barcelona also renewed the contract of Adriano, who had offers from Russia and Turkey, because they want him to guide Neymar around. [as]

Could this mean that Alves is leaving? Why can't Alves, who is Neymar's BFF, guide him around?

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I think they keep him for another year to please Neymar, but if you look at his performances as well as stats he is declining. If it wasn't for Neymar, I'd say sell him now while we still have the chance to get some nice cash for him. I'd say about 23-26 million euros is a good amount for a RB player with 135 assists in 460 matches. One of the best I've ever seen, but we won't see him at his prime again...

Jadentheman

I think they keep him for another year to please Neymar, but if you look at his performances as well as stats he is declining. If it wasn't for Neymar, I'd say sell him now while we still have the chance to get some nice cash for him. I'd say about 23-26 million euros is a good amount for a RB player with 135 assists in 460 matches. One of the best I've ever seen, but we won't see him at his prime again...

Sell him in January and replace him with Montoya

Jadentheman

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Daniel Alves has the full confidence of Barça manager T.Vilanova and is expected to remain at the club next season. [Placar]</p>— Seleção Brasileira (@BrazilStats) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrazilStats/status/339746353708163072">May 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kkkkkk :tito:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Montoya, Adriano or try and get someone like Piszczek, Walker (?) or De Sciglio. It's not going to happen anyway...

I believe Dani Alves has fallen victim of him being the standard RB for so long. Not really any competition, which doesn't push him to his limits.

cro-man

I am so sick of him i mean he has so many opportunities to score but he never use them and his last ball /pass is bad too. Sometimes i am thinking has this guy a brain?? Always the wrong decision and i hope tito will bench him. He is not leaving because neymar is coming...

Stric

Granted that Alves leaves and Montoya becomes the first choice RB, we'd probably need another RB to have a backup. Adriano can play both LB and RB, but with rotation, and considering Adriano's injury history, it would be wise not to count on him to be the only backup for both the left and right fullback positions. But anyways, if we were to buy/promote a RB, we'd just need to someone decent, he doesn't even have to be as good as Montoya.

DucdeOrléans

I would have sold him last summer if I were Rosell. Now, after Neymar has arrived, he is bound to stay for at least 1 more season.

I really hope that the staff has a good eye on FC Porto's Danilo. The most exiting right back in my opinion right now and a former teammate of Neymar at Santos.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans