Daniel Alves

Meitux

Philip Lahm will retire at Bayern and become a club legend like Xavi is for us.

As for Alves, he'll be fine. Even in a bad day he's one of the best right backs in the world.
Yeah right, in a bad day where the only thing he does is destroying the attack with his pointless crosses to the moon his bad defending and laziness to drag back when he's going forward, you consider that as a world class? Maybe you're saying that because Besides Lahm who is the top with huge difference there aren't many great right backs nowdays and Alves lives up to this only because of his reputation.

Ghost

Philip Lahm will retire at Bayern and become a club legend like Xavi is for us.

As for Alves, he'll be fine. Even in a bad day he's one of the best right backs in the world.
...why did you just randomly reply to a post from 2011?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be inclined to say "bench Alves" but then I wasn't really impressed with Montoya when he got the opportunity.

barca1899

Alves: "How would I defend against Messi if we face him at the World Cup? I wouldd try for others to help me out, haha." [sina tencent] :alveshat:

lostchild

Alves: "How would I defend against Messi if we face him at the World Cup? I wouldd try for others to help me out, haha." [sina tencent] :alveshat:

:facepalm:
i think Dani doesnt even remember his position anymore, from all his pointless wandering in the middle

Brazil should be thankful that Messi usually plays around the center and the right wing in Argentina..
i think i never saw him running down the left wing.

so Dani dont worry! you are free to take your horrible crosses down the right.

kollegah

honestly, i think he has a good season, i didnt like him last season, but maybe he was so bad because pique was so bad.
imo he could be a key player in cl knock out stage

lostchild

honestly, i think he has a good season, i didnt like him last season, but maybe he was so bad because pique was so bad.
imo he could be a key player in cl knock out stage

honestly
i think a lot of Barca fans tend to over-hype minimum-quality players that we currently have in our starting 11..
yes Dani's good in some things.. he's pretty quick (when he wants), he may actually tackle well sometimes, or get some cross assists, or the nice double passes with Messi...

but PLEASE, good season ? we haven't even played against any decent opponent yet, and so far he managed to get a lot of idiotic crosses, lose possession, wander around like a damn RF as if it makes any sense,
it gets tiring and actually makes me sad to constantly watch Iniesta or Mascherano try so hard to play smart and build up some sort of clever play while players like Dani Alves (Sanchez, Tello etc...) keeps playing in the dumbest obvious way you can think of. i sometimes wonder how the hell does he even start in our 11 ? seriously.

most of the good he manages to do is by plain coincidence, for 1000 idiotic crosses you get 1 that hits Fabregas' head, and everyone go "omg he's almost the best RB out there today"

no, he's not. he's really average if not lower than that. i would use Adriano any time before Alves, or even a young player like Montoya to start for a run of at least 10 games to see if he can be any good when playing regularly. and if he doesnt prove to be useful yet, im sure we can get something better.

its just sad
we had some "average" players in the past, Keita, Bojan, even Adriano, they are not the best players in the world, but at least you can see they have some sort of brain and appreciate them for trying to be useful.

i cant even explain how hard and tiring it is to see him lose his defensive position, run all the way to the corner flag, get a ball, and shoot it like a crazy man to a THROW IN on the other side of the field..

and people wonder whats wrong with our defense.. we have him as a RB, and we have a CB who keeps falling for no reason.. oh.. i wonder whats the problem.

Last edited:

hamidyk

honestly
i think a lot of Barca fans tend to over-hype minimum-quality players that we currently have in our starting 11..
yes Dani's good in some things.. he's pretty quick (when he wants), he may actually tackle well sometimes, or get some cross assists, or the nice double passes with Messi...

but PLEASE, good season ? we haven't even played against any decent opponent yet, and so far he managed to get a lot of idiotic crosses, lose possession, wander around like a damn RF as if it makes any sense,
it gets tiring and actually makes me sad to constantly watch Iniesta or Mascherano try so hard to play smart and build up some sort of clever play while players like Dani Alves (Sanchez, Tello etc...) keeps playing in the dumbest obvious way you can think of. i sometimes wonder how the hell does he even start in our 11 ? seriously.

most of the good he manages to do is by plain coincidence, for 1000 idiotic crosses you get 1 that hits Fabregas' head, and everyone go "omg he's almost the best RB out there today"

no, he's not. he's really average if not lower than that. i would use Adriano any time before Alves, or even a young player like Montoya to start for a run of at least 10 games to see if he can be any good when playing regularly. and if he doesnt prove to be useful yet, im sure we can get something better.

its just sad
we had some "average" players in the past, Keita, Bojan, even Adriano, they are not the best players in the world, but at least you can see they have some sort of brain and appreciate them for trying to be useful.

i cant even explain how hard and tiring it is to see him lose his defensive position, run all the way to the corner flag, get a ball, and shoot it like a crazy man to a THROW IN on the other side of the field..

and people wonder whats wrong with our defense.. we have him as a RB, and we have a CB who keeps falling for no reason.. oh.. i wonder whats the problem.

really amazing !!!
alves play very bad this season.montoya >alves

Cule4life

The Culest
I think with Alves it's maybe like the case of Pique. His spot in the team is too secure. When Montoya performed well last season including the clasico he should have got the spot of Alves. But Tito being Tito he didn't. Now Montoya hardly plays and doesn't get enough chances to prove himself
Or its the Brazil syndrome(aka Ronaldinho)

The way we play with the insanely high line and all makes it difficult for the defense sure but getting better defenders than Alves and Pique would surely alleviate some if not all our problems.
We should play with one offensive fullback for balance and Alba is the better attacker atm plus he's younger. We should cash in on Alves and maybe get a tall defensive fullback in the mould of Ivanovic like Danilo, Carlos Martinez etc

Home of Barca Fans