Daniel Alves

Alarcón

I'm laughing at everyone who said Alves was so much better than Montoya right now. Today, not only was it painfully obvious that Alves is a much poorer defender than Montoya, he also showed us what he does when he actually gets into the kind of offensive positions that Montoya finds himself in every game: nothing.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What I don't get is how everyone bombards Montoya for being a shit player simply because of his final delivery. Alves's is worse and he picks the worst times to go at it himself with a wasted cross/shot rather than cutting it back or playing an easy pass.

Yugi

Piatti won header over him. PIATTI. yes Pablo Daniel Piatti who is 163cm tall, 163! But sure, he is ways ahead Montoya etc etc

Meitux

:lol: the half man outjumped him. Not only he jumped late but he didn't even jump higher than a guy who so fucking small.. Not only that but a generally bad performance.

Galning

:lol: the half man outjumped him. Not only he jumped late but he didn't even jump higher than a guy who so fucking small.. Not only that but a generally bad performance.

He was just standing on the wrong side. No way in hell he could've won that header.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Dani's main issue this game was him underestimating the winger's pace, he keeps letting the winger go down the line and somehow never expects it, and as a result can't make the slide tackle in time. I thought he was actually good in attack though, he had some great link-up with Messi and Alexis, sure his crosses didn't find anyone but they had seven or eight people in the box most of the time, that wasn't really his fault. And I know you guys are going to be like, "Well if you can't reach someone then don't cross," but then I guarantee you you guys would just be complaining about him passing back all the time and not just going for it.

Meitux

He was just standing on the wrong side. No way in hell he could've won that header.
And is that supposed to be an excuse? Or maybe we should consider his positioning was yet again questionable. If that's the case being in the wrong side.

Galning

And is that supposed to be an excuse? Or maybe we should consider his positioning was yet again questionable. If that's the case being in the wrong side.

No not at all, just saying that the fuck up happened because his positioning was wrong rather than the fact that he couldn't win a header against Piatti. Even Crouch couldn't have defended that from where Alves was standing.

Home of Barca Fans