Daniel Alves

barcanuck

I think he was hard done by how the Ro$ellout Foundation treated Abi and is lashing out quite frequently. He can stay just because Neymar still needs a mentor for another year or two. I think what he really needs is a central forward with air time then we can actually see the best Dani again!

Neymessi

This guy:facepalm:.After a loss he brags about fans loyalty and when barca was losing he was having fun with the ball boy at the 90th minute or so.

F

Flavia

This guy:facepalm:.After a loss he brags about fans loyalty and when barca was losing he was having fun with the ball boy at the 90th minute or so.

After reading all he said, I don't think his words are directed at the fans. I could be wrong, but I think the media pressure is getting to him. He's really close to neymar, so I guess that, mixed with the stick the team gets sometimes, might have trigged it.

abual3bed1

After reading all he said, I don't think his words are directed at the fans. I could be wrong, but I think the media pressure is getting to him. He's really close to neymar, so I guess that, mixed with the stick the team gets sometimes, might have trigged it.

It's not his 1st time this season. Didn't he say something similar after the Valencia loss at home a month ago?

F

Flavia

It's not his 1st time this season. Didn't he say something similar after the Valencia loss at home a month ago?

Yes, but the press has been pestering Tata for a while, and I think Neymar-gate had already started as well.

Neymessi

The thing is that i want the most players in the team that genuinely love the club and this guy does.Really want him to stay.

abual3bed1

Unless a proper replacement come in, he should stay. Otherwise we'll have to be really patient with Montoya and wait until he start reaching the level he's supposed to. Cause at the moment, Montoya can't offer anything more than Alves.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
22 - Daniel Alves

If Alves was told to stay back and defend, he would stay back and defend. But he isn't. His role is to be that extra guy who you can always pass to in our midfield. It's his role. When he makes them forward runs, it sometimes is impossible to reach back in time. He still has insane stamina to run up and down that right hand side of our pitch. I will pity the day he leaves. And I laugh at all you who think selling Alves will solve anything. He is a key player in this team. Only player who will be an improvement is Lahm. Every other player is just a massive downgrade.

Last edited:
G

Gascav

If Alves was told to stay back and defend, he would stay back and defend. But he isn't. His role is to be that extra guy who you can always pass to in our midfield. It's his role. When he makes them forward runs, it sometimes is impossible to reach back in time. He still has insane stamina to run up and down that right hand side of our pitch. I will pity the day he leaves. And I laugh at all you who think selling Alves will solve anything. He is a key player in this team. Only player who will be an improvemet is Lahm. Every other players is just a massive downgrade.
He is a bad apple, too much paid in wages, he is declining.
We can always change tactics you know! How did our RBs play before alves came?

footyfan

Calma, calma
I think Alves needs to realize that fans pay his wages. There is no way an uneducated parrot like him can anywhere close to the amount required to buy his swag outfits.

Butaan4barca

I think Alves needs to realize that fans pay his wages. There is no way an uneducated parrot like him can anywhere close to the amount required to buy his swag outfits.

i think you have no idea of his importance. He is one hell of a player. One of those who is talked about in the opposition dressing room a lot. Extra importance on him means, much much more space for messi in particular.

He make others so much better. He is the perfect example of attack is the best defense methodology. To be honest with the amount of possession barca keeps, its absolute nonsense to think about defensive fullback. Yes he gets exposed at times. Because thats exactly what opponents target: the space behind him. Same for alba. if i were to give a perrfect example that would be our CL match against CIty. They deployed kolorov (a pacy full back) at left wing, and navas (known for pace and winging) at right wing. But we managed to keep them isolated why ? cz barca played a fantastic match, we held the ball quite well allowing alvez to be very effective. And guess what, he does more than expected, turned out to be a beast and was a night mare for city defense all match.

IMO, if a team employs a defensive fullback, and usually plays with such stable and reliable player, the other team might well exploit that too ? how ? by playing very offensive opposite fullback and another winger. In this case, instead of playing in opposition area, mentally the team is bringing the match to its own area. (now considering barca's approach and midfield possession based tiki taka, it makes, absolutely no sense. ) and then barca is known to play the match in opposition half.

Now montaya is a very good player, but not even half as good as alvez. The truth about alvez is there is absolutely no player in the world like him. His tactic, awareness, understanding with key players, nature, mindset, passion for football, ability and superman like physical attributes makes him such a unique and an absolute perfect blend in all accounts for us, making him untouchable in our system.

If we even think about losing him, city or chelsea will happily get him, and then you can fill this forum will all the regrets.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Good post, but I think the next time I say the earth revolves around the sun, you're going to tell me that I have no idea that the sun rises in the east.

Home of Barca Fans