Daniel Alves

Trickykid

Barcastuff reporting that the banana thrower was arrested last night. Things sure took a bad turn for the poor fool. :lol:

First your actions spur an epic comeback which ultimately results in a loss for your team. Then you proceed to have your membership revoked, get banned from the stadium - for life, mind you - and a few days later you're arrested.
All the while this is happening, you have involuntarily started a landslide of an anti racism campaign that's spreading like wildfire, thus creating awareness of the very problem that you yourself is an instigator of.

... All this for throwing a banana.

Racist prick got served like he never ever could possibly have imagined :lol:

serghei

i still haven't gotten my answer. who do you people think is better than alves currently? out of the ones that could join barca of course. because if you say lahm or carvajal, it's clear they aren't going to barca ever. alves is still one of the best, if he's instructed to play more defensively, if he's motivated enough, then he's clearly the best. sadly, the team sucks balls as a whole.

Judging by what I saw last night, there isn't one player who I can say is confortably better than Alves as an offensive-minded RB. Carvajal is not better than Alves, I'll tell you that much. Azpilicueta is better than Carvajal. And Lahm was terrible last night too. So, we should focuse on buying a world class central-right defender. Hummels or Benatia and we're fine with a Alba - Pique - Hummels/Benatia - Alves line, provided we actually get a manager close to Ancelotti's class, and not someone like Paco Jemez, a coach who took a 6-0 beatdown from us. But we're looking at all the wrong names at the moment, so one can expect from Barca to sell Alves and bring an woeful RB to replace him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Judging by what I saw last night, there isn't one player who I can say is confortably better than Alves as an offensive-minded RB. Carvajal is not better than Alves, I'll tell you that much. Azpilicueta is better than Carvajal. And Lahm was terrible last night too. So, we should focuse on buying a world class central-right defender. Hummels or Benatia and we're fine with a Alba - Pique - Hummels/Benatia - Alves line, provided we actually get a manager close to Ancelotti's class, and not someone like Paco Jemez, a coach who took a 6-0 beatdown from us. But we're looking at all the wrong names at the moment, so one can expect from Barca to sell Alves and bring an woeful RB to replace him.

My fear as well

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Alves' days are done in Barcelona. He was one of the best right backs in our history but we need to move forward.
Why not start Bartra in his place next season?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The racist who was arrested, David Campayo Lleo...Apparently was on the coaching staff of one of the youth sides at Villarreal

13988440124829_189x0.jpg

Alves' days are done in Barcelona. He was one of the best right backs in our history but we need to move forward.
Why not start Bartra in his place next season?

Bartra isn't a natural RB. He'd be a huge downgrade on Alves in that position.

I agree that Alves isn't what he used to be, but we can't bench/sell him just for the sake of it. If we bench/sell him, we need to start someone better in his place.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Bartra isn't a natural RB. He'd be a huge downgrade on Alves in that position.

I agree that Alves isn't what he used to be, but we can't bench/sell him just for the sake of it. If we bench/sell him, we need to start someone better in his place.
Well to be fair to Bartra he usually plays there most of the time when Alves is busy playing RW

serghei

Well to be fair to Bartra he usually plays there most of the time when Alves is busy playing RW

And we saw how "great" he was there. Bartra isn't even ready to start as a central for Barca, let alone as a RB. I'll watch Alves closely at this WC and after the tournament I'll make up my mind if he's done at Barca or not. But it's the best we have for the moment.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
And we saw how "great" he was there. Bartra isn't even ready to start as a central for Barca, let alone as a RB. I'll watch Alves closely at this WC and after the tournament I'll make up my mind if he's done at Barca. But it's the best we have for the moment.

Considering he was playing two positions ontop of covering for Masch I'd say he was great

Antimadridista1

I agree with Bojan about Dani's time being over in our team. We really need to move on. Bartra can be a good solution, but I think that there's better than him.

Buy De Sciglio. Young, strong, defensively very good and he has potential to be good offensively.
Only fullback on the market who can really replace Dani.

F

Flavia

Dani's replacement will be Cuadrado or Zuñiga. And for that, I wish he stays.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There isn't a RB in the world, atm, who can walk into this team and provide what Dani does, on & off the pitch - that includes defensively & offensively...yes, even now

CatalinR10

Barcastuff reporting that the banana thrower was arrested last night. Things sure took a bad turn for the poor fool. :lol:

First your actions spur an epic comeback which ultimately results in a loss for your team. Then you proceed to have your membership revoked, get banned from the stadium - for life, mind you - and a few days later you're arrested.
All the while this is happening, you have involuntarily started a landslide of an anti racism campaign that's spreading like wildfire, thus creating awareness of the very problem that you yourself is an instigator of.

... All this for throwing a banana.

Racist prick got served like he never ever could possibly have imagined :lol:

He's probably enjoying the atention he's having at the moment.

Meh....at least he got what he deserved.

How come he is arrested ? There was many times I've seen people throwing bananas but I don't remember them being arested for that. Is this the first time a racist is being arrested ?

Home of Barca Fans