Daniel Alves

serghei

Well, seems like Alves' haters have got their wish after all. Now let's wait and see who's gonna fill in the RB spot -- and if that guy would accomplish even 50% of the things Dani did for this team.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Well, seems like Alves' haters have got their wish after all. Now let's wait and see who's gonna fill in the RB spot -- and if that guy would accomplish even 50% of the things Dani did for this team.

Doesn't matter what the newcomer accomplishes, Dani still needed to go.

serghei

Maybe that will give him the "energy" he craves.

All he did was to adress the issues that many payers think, but don't have the nerve to speak about. I'd rather have that, than clichés and lies about how things are fine and dandy, when they're clearly not.

jamjamjam

nothing but love for alves from me. i'll always associate him with barca when they playing the best football i may ever see in my life. likable guy too although it seems a lot of people would disagree

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

It's not about what Dani did, it's about what Dani or any other RB can do now and the future...

I don't think anyone is denying Alves was absolutely immense for us, just today I was watching some of his highlights and they are unreal... However he's not that kind of player anymore and it's the proper time to let someone else take a chance at being our starting RB...

footyfan

Calma, calma
All he did was to adress the issues that many payers think, but don't have the nerve to speak about. I'd rather have that, than clichés and lies about how things are fine and dandy, when they're clearly not.

He has the worst attitude on the team. He lashes out at supporters multiple times for not supporting the team during bad times, but he's ready to ditch the team as soon as the environment turned sour. Hypocrite much? Add to that, his cringeworthy over-confidence, exaggerations, complain first defend second attitude - yup, time to move on.

barcanuck

He has the worst attitude on the team. He lashes out at supporters multiple times for not supporting the team during bad times, but he's ready to ditch the team as soon as the environment turned sour. Hypocrite much? Add to that, his cringeworthy over-confidence, exaggerations, complain first defend second attitude - yup, time to move on.

He's all heart though. He was very upset how his good friend who he offered to donate a liver to was cut loose like a piece of trash. He's one of the few that doesn't bottle up what he is feeling.

e28makaveli

nothing but love for alves from me. i'll always associate him with barca when they playing the best football i may ever see in my life. likable guy too although it seems a lot of people would disagree

I am 100% in agreement with you on everything you've stated.

I feel the same sentiment for Alves. I also like the guy. He brought a lot to Barca and is also considered legendary in my books. Surely he is doing what is best for him. Such decisions are never easy, given that change is always tough and considering his relationship with Messi. But deciding to make such a move speaks volumes of the man's character. Regardless of what he said in the past such as money being most important is irrelevant here. I am sure a lot of us have said sillier things in our earlier years.

serghei

He's all heart though. He was very upset how his good friend who he offered to donate a liver to was cut loose like a piece of trash. He's one of the few that doesn't bottle up what he is feeling.

Weren't we all? And guess what, Abidal's commitment and experience would've actually helped this season.

We played very important games with a half-empty Camp Nou. Against Valencia, 2-3, I could partly see the "Mes Que un Club" imprinted on the seats, because there weren't enough people sitting on them. As the fans and the media criticize Barcelona, the players also have the right to speak their mind when something doesn't work whitin the team or surrounding the team. He criticized the fans and the board for something I also held them accountable for. E.g. the ugly affair with Abidal and the lack of support by the fans.

You can see Dani Alves in any kind of light you want, good, bad, selfish, arrogant etc. etc. In those 7-8 years he has proved numerous times he cares for this team. I have nothing but utmost respect for this guy.

It's not about what Dani did, it's about what Dani or any other RB can do now and the future...

I don't think anyone is denying Alves was absolutely immense for us, just today I was watching some of his highlights and they are unreal... However he's not that kind of player anymore and it's the proper time to let someone else take a chance at being our starting RB...

e17e82181b6ba773a4928a34e21523e7.gif

Unless this new guy could produce a play of this quality in a CL knockout fixture against a team like City, selling Alves is a mistake. Right now, in may 2014, there isn't a single RB (exept for Alves) who I can imagine doing this kind of stuff. He isn't as consistent, true, but in the games he is at the top of his form, he is still miles better -- MILES! -- than 90% of all the RBs out there.

Last edited:

cro-man

If he can handle to sit often on the bench and fight for his place I would prefer him to stay if not he can go. He cant play 90 min without making any big mistakes he is too inconsistent not the guy anymore he was. One thing to keep on mind if montoya is the replacement than good luck because montoya is worse even dani alves in his current shape is way better and i am not getting the feeling that montoya has it to make it here.

anguy

Abidal wasn't that great for Monaco, and after his significant health problems I'm not surprised Barca let him go... The mistake was not signing some replacement.

Home of Barca Fans