Daniel Alves

Alarcón

I'm getting soooo tired of this man... OK. Montoya is a lot better than Alves. I'm looking forward to see him at the World Cup, playing for Spain. Oh, wait, he hasn't been selected. I wonder why...

Because he hasn't played enough of course

serghei

Because he hasn't played enough of course

Again, I wonder why...

Btw, Montoya was resposible for Zurutuza's 3-1 goal on Anoeta. He has been rated by *********, the largest football site in the world with 2.5, the second worst rating of that game.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm getting soooo tired of this man... OK. Montoya is a lot better than Alves. I'm looking forward to see him at the World Cup, playing for Spain. Oh, wait, he hasn't been selected. I wonder why...

Montoya used to be starting rb for the Spanish national youth teams, ahead of the likes of Carvajal. And now Carvajal is a starter for RM and might go to the World Cup in Brazil. What happened? Playing time happened. Montoya has the talent to be world class, but he doesn't get enough chances to show it. When he got a string of games under Tito after Alves's injury, he was really good. And I think it's time that Montoya get an actual chance to show us what he can do. And by that I don't mean one game once in a blue moon, I mean a succession of games. If Alves has to leave for that to happen, so be it, it's better for our future that way.

Btw, Montoya was resposible for Zurutuza's 3-1 goal on Anoeta. He has been rated by *********, the largest football site in the world with 2.5, the second worst rating of that game.

The team sucked collectively during that game, and Tata fucked up his tactics royally. You can't blame a loss on a youngster who almost never plays. That'd be like blaming Bartra for the loss against Bayern last year.

Alarcón

Again, I wonder why...

The fact that this football site's name is censored on here should tell you a lot about their quality and credibility

Galning

Montoya never had a fair shot last season and he never had one this season. Desperately trying to diss him to proof a legendary right back was okay this year is as ridiculous as the people claiming Bartra wasn't good enough because "Tito even picked Song & Adriano ahead of him so he must suck." This isn't how football works.

serghei

Montoya used to be starting rb for the Spanish national youth teams, ahead of the likes of Carvajal. And now Carvajal is a starter for RM and might go to the World Cup in Brazil. What happened? Playing time happened. Montoya has the talent to be world class, but he doesn't get enough chances to show it. When he got a string of games under Tito after Alves's injury, he was really good. And I think it's time that Montoya get an actual chance to show us what he can do. And by that I don't mean one game once in a blue moon, I mean a succession of games. If Alves has to leave for that to happen, so be it, it's better for our future that way.

The team sucked collectively during that game, and Tata fucked up his tactics royally. You can't blame a loss on a youngster who almost never plays. That'd be like blaming Bartra for the loss against Bayern last year.

So, basically, Alves must go to make room for Montoya, because Montoya is not good enough to bench Alves. "You can't blame a loss on a youngster who almost never plays", sure let's just give him a free pass then. Blame Alves for every missplaced cross, but Montoya, no, he's young, he can make mistakes.

And, again, I don't blame Montoya for any loss, but one must admit that, whenever he was used, he hasn't showed to the manager that he needs to start against Alves. If anything, Alves was missed in the games he didn't play.

Montoya never had a fair shot last season and he never had one this season. Desperately trying to diss him to proof a legendary right back was okay this year is as ridiculous as the people claiming Bartra wasn't good enough because "Tito even picked Song & Adriano ahead of him so he must suck." This isn't how football works.

Sure, everybody hates Montoya. Tito hated him and Martino hates him. He played great when he was used, but the coaches were crazy not to trust him again. I'll stick with the guys who have seen both of them perform day in day out (the managers), instead of some theory that claims Montoya has been mistreated all those years.

I'll tell you how football works. If you're a bench player you have to take your chances. When the starter is injured and you have the chance to play and show your skills, you'd better make a great impression. Montoya played, when Alves was injured, suspended or rested, and his performances were pretty mediocre. No coach will play you constantly just because you're young. He had his chances and he didn't take advantage of them. But hey, since Alves will go to PSG, I guess we'll see soon just how great Montoya is.

Last edited:

Galning

Sure, everybody hates Montoya. Tito hated him and Martino hates him. He played great when he was used, but the coaches were crazy not to trust him again. I'll stick with the guys who have seen both of them perform day in day out --> the managers.

Yep, as I said: just like Bartra.

Galning

Bartra was lucky that Pique got injured. And he still has issues that must be taken care of. Montoya didn't have that luck. But does that mean he was mistreated? Hell no.

I'm not saying he was mistreated. I'm saying you can't really say he's bad simply because he barely played (I'm not even saying that he doesn't suck, for all I know he might!)

Cule4life

The Culest
Tito had no problem playing Alves in 12 consecutive games when no other manager does that. He made Thiago leave and Bartra had 79 minutes playtime before playing against Bayern. Xavi played on painkillers. But yeah we should trust his judgement....

Tata had his balls cut off by the Xavi and the board and he has played safe since then. Just look at the playing time of youngsters under him. Calling it depressing would be putting it mildly.

But yeah to serghei Alves is a God and flawless. I wouldn't be surprised if his room filled with Dani posters and dolls......

Last edited:

serghei

I'm not saying he was mistreated. I'm saying you can't really say he's bad simply because he barely played (I'm not even saying that he doesn't suck, for all I know he might!)

I didn't say he's bad. I said he's decent, and not better than Alves. Maybe this will change or maybe it won't. The fact of the matter is we should also think about the possibility that Montoya won't be as good as some people already rate him.

And we shouldn't say 13 full games is "barely played". You make it sound like he's played 2-3 games.

But yeah to serghei Alves is a God and flawless. I would be surprised his room filled with Dani posters and dolls......

By how much you hate him, I'd say you're the one with the dolls. Voodoo ones.

Cule4life

The Culest
By how much you hate him, I'd say you're the one with the dolls. Voodoo ones.

Being realistic is not the same as being a hater.

I thank Dani for what he has achieved here. He might be our best RB ever. But it's time to move on. Wish him the best of luck in PSG.

serghei

Being realistic is not the same as being a hater.

I thank Dani for what he has achieved here. He might be our best RB ever. But it's time to move on. Wish him the best of luck in PSG.

So, saying current Montoya > Alves means being realistic to you? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans