Daniel Alves

F

Flavia

Being realistic is not the same as being a hater.

I thank Dani for what he has achieved here. He might be our best RB ever. But it's time to move on. Wish him the best of luck in PSG.

But are you ok with cuadrado as his replacement?

Cule4life

The Culest
So, saying current Montoya > Alves means being realistic to you? :lol:

Where did I say Montoya>Alves? If you stopped the Alves love for a moment and actually bothered to read my posts I have said we should sign a RB like de sciglio, Aurier etc.(before you say that means Montoya is shit there is something called depth and competition)

Montoya may turn out to be not good enough for barca in the long run. But he has to be given a fair shot at it. You can't be serious if you think he has been given a fair chance to show his talent. That would be the Alves love talking..

But are you ok with cuadrado as his replacement?

I have said many times we should sign a defensive RB like de sciglio, aurier etc.
Cuadrado is not a RB so it's senseless to talk about it. But it's barca where nothing seems make sense these days

serghei

Where did I say Montoya>Alves? If you stopped the Alves love for a moment and actually bothered to read my posts I have said we should sign a RB like de sciglio, Aurier etc.(before you say that means Montoya is shit there is something called depth and competition)

Montoya may turn out to be not good enough for barca in the long run. But he has to be given a fair shot at it. You can't be serious if you think he has been given a fair chance to show his talent. That would be the Alves love talking..

Man, all of my earlier posts were on Alves vs Montoya. If you don't agree or disagree, why did you even make that remark about me considering Alves a god (stupid statement in the first place)?

Well, I think it's a fact that his offensive contribution is weaker than Alves'.
so? how many backs in the world have a better offensive contribution? One or 2?
And I also think his defensive abilities are overrated on here.
In his youth he was better as carvajal and the last years he got zero chances. At least he deserves a fair chance.

If we deny the importance of statistics and other types of data, .
but you have to read the data correct
with alves we win 80%, with Montoya 60%, so alves is much better. This is kindergarten tbh.

Montoya needs a chance, will make errors but he will develop.
let him play from August until december. Barca will still win 90% of the games, can win la liga, qualify for the CL and CDR but then you can see what he is capable of.
if he is not good enough you still can decide if he's out, only backup,...
but if he develops into a an alternative he's the cheapest option

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't either. I mean, he's a pretty decent RB, who would be a starter for an EL team, like Sevilla or Valencia, but he isn't Alves.

Barcelona with Alves on --> 25 games, 22 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses --> Winning percentage: 84%
Barcelona with Alves off (Montoya on) --> 13 games, 8 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses --> Winning percentage: 61%

Barcelona did not only play 38 games this season.

serghei

but you have to read the data correct
with alves we win 80%, with Montoya 60%, so alves is much better.

I didn't say Alves was better because of that. I said we have won the vast majority of the games in which Alves was our starting RB. That's it. Don't add your conclusion to my facts and say they were mine. Alves > Montoya on performances and on individual stats.

Barcelona did not only play 38 games this season.

In La Liga.

F

Flavia

I have said many times we should sign a defensive RB like de sciglio, aurier etc.
Cuadrado is not a RB so it's senseless to talk about it. But it's barca where nothing seems make sense these days

But that's not what's going to happen. It's Alves out, Cuadrado in. There's rumors some board members want to keep Alves, and I surely hope they manage to keep him.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't either. I mean, he's a pretty decent RB, who would be a starter for an EL team, like Sevilla or Valencia, but he isn't Alves.

Barcelona with Alves on --> 25 games, 22 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses --> Winning percentage: 84%
Barcelona with Alves off (Montoya on) --> 13 games, 8 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses --> Winning percentage: 61%

In La Liga.

They've only played 36 games in La Liga. Your games add up to 38 (25+13). Also, 25 games, 22 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses makes no sense - 22+2+2=26. Did you make these numbers up?

Also, just taking La Liga is not looking at the whole picture. If you include Supercopa, Copa del Rey and Champions League along with your numbers, Alves would have a winning percentage of 71% and without Alves, the winning percentage goes up to 68%. Not a huge difference.

Cule4life

The Culest
They've only played 36 games in La Liga. Your games add up to 38 (25+13). Also, 25 games, 22 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses makes no sense - 22+2+2=26. Did you make these numbers up?

Also, just taking La Liga is not looking at the whole picture. If you include Supercopa, Copa del Rey and Champions League along with your numbers, Alves would have a winning percentage of 71% and without Alves, the winning percentage goes up to 68%. Not a huge difference.

:lol: Buuuuuuurrrrrrnnnnnn!!!

Stric

:lol: :lol:

serghei

Alves and Montoya shared 2 games. That's why there are 38 games, not 36. I though you'd figure this yourself. Seems I was wrong. And yea, the 22 was a typo. It's 21, but the percentage is right.

Last edited:

Shegzy

we don't need Montoya to become another alves ,what we need is for him to become a solid fullback like zabaleta or maicon and with playing time I believe he can. for the alves lovers there is a reason maicon started over him before mai on declined

Home of Barca Fans