Daniel Alves

Bertus

Here is the exact quote as published in the french press (they are quoting spanish medias here) about what people were talking about last night for those interested.

"I don't know yet what i will do next year. I will meet with barcelona's board and choose. If they want for me to continue, i will do it. I have a contract (FYI: till 2015) and will continue one more year. But it doesn't depend only on me. Since i arrived at barcelona, i gave it all for this club, and the last two seasons completely drained me."

FC B

He needs to go. Can't play anymore at Barca level and very high on wages.

But who would be that stupid as to buy him nowadays? Well, maybe our board by keeping him.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He needs to go. Can't play anymore at Barca level and very high on wages.

But who would be that stupid as to buy him nowadays? Well, maybe our board by keeping him.

Can we not just terminate his contract if he agrees to it?

L

linetty

Alves: "I want to stay at Barça, but it doesn't only depend on me. I'll talk with the club. Staying or leaving, I'll accept their decision."

Devils

Really should get rid of this guy, even if his quality is redeemable (which it isn't), his attitude is just so toxic.

Bertus

Not trying to have a dig at him but his tone was different when PSG were still interested
PSG ditched him for the same main reason people here want to ditch him too.

His wage is too high compared to his current level.

And no one believes he will come back being a beast because he gets old.

Well, almost everyone thinks that, beside that dude from some days ago that said he still is the best of the best of course.

I'm sure PSG would be interested if he accepts to cut his wage by half. But Alves will prefer to finish one more season at Barcelona before that.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Well I have to disagree. For me he is still one of the best out there, but it is very difficult to play with 2 attacking full backs as we try to do and he is often found exposed. We were at our most solid when we have Abidal (second season onwards) down the left playing conservatively and Alves bombing up the right linking up with Messi.

Home of Barca Fans