Daniel Alves

Tomchin

Well I have to disagree. For me he is still one of the best out there, but it is very difficult to play with 2 attacking full backs as we try to do and he is often found exposed. We were at our most solid when we have Abidal (second season onwards) down the left playing conservatively and Alves bombing up the right linking up with Messi.
Sunny, how do you explain that also for Brazil he failed, and was relegated to the bench by an almost retired Maicon?

serghei

Well I have to disagree. For me he is still one of the best out there, but it is very difficult to play with 2 attacking full backs as we try to do and he is often found exposed. We were at our most solid when we have Abidal (second season onwards) down the left playing conservatively and Alves bombing up the right linking up with Messi.

And Puyol, beasting on defence. Don't forget that bit. If you are to take the risk of playing Alves as a winger-fullback hybrid, you need a world class defender who has great tactical knowledge, the kind of knowledge that would allow him to intervene in the area left exposed by Alves.

barcanuck

I don't mind if he stays but he has to assume the fact he won't play every big game anymore. Who knows though maybe Suarez on the right will actually bring his game back offensively at least.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
And Puyol, beasting on defence. Don't forget that bit. If you are to take the risk of playing Alves as a winger-fullback hybrid, you need a world class defender who has great tactical knowledge, the kind of knowledge that would allow him to intervene in the area left exposed by Alves.

That is a very good point. We sure missed Puyol's organisational skills.

L

linetty

Benched for freaking Maicon and he's going to be a starter next season :rolleyes:

I just hope Montoya steps up.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
"I still don't know what I will be doing next year. When I return to Barcelona I will meet with the people at the club to see what they want, and we'll decide. If they want me to leave, I'll look for a new club; if they want me to stay, I'll stay," remarked the defender, who stressed that he still has another year on his contract with Barcelona.

"I have a contract and I want to stay for another year. But it's not just down to me. I've given Barcelona everything since moving there, irrespective of the fact that we haven't won anything in the past two years, when I also gave my all," he finished by saying.

Sounds like he might be staying.

Neymessi

Alves is clearly past it.And no,I cannot even think of montoya as a starter CB.Get aurier for gods sake.He is max 10 mil stubid board.

L

linetty

Maturana (former Colombia NT coach): "Cuadrado will double the problems Barcelona have with Alves. He is not a defensive player, he's a natural attacker."

Bertus

Maturana (former Colombia NT coach): "Cuadrado will double the problems Barcelona have with Alves. He is not a defensive player, he's a natural attacker."

It's so logical that I wonder what's wrong with Barcelona's board really.

Cuadrado is a good player, no question, but he's not an RB.

Icarium

Lifestealer

If only our board understand that it would be great. Although i am hoping this cuadrado fetish is only media's and not barca.

Home of Barca Fans