Daniel Alves

Bertus

Both Barcelona and right back Dani Alves are open to an exit. PSG showed interest a few months ago, but there are no talks ongoing now. [md]

yeah too late now. PSG wanted to sign him before the WC but barcelona didn't want to sell him to PSG unless in a swap with Marquinhos. Barcelona loss there.

Reposting for new page:

"I am very happy at barcelona. Both I and the club had wonderful years, even if a bit less lately, but it is the time for this club to have some joy again. I still have to talk with the coach. The choice is not up to me but my will is to continue to work together. I want to honor my last year of contract with Barcelona." [CS]

Tomchin

Realistically, which other club (PSG not included) could afford Alves's salary and would be stupid enough to buy him? I can't think of anyone at the moment unfortunately.

Jadentheman

We keep Avenida Alves for another year. Lucho would have sense to bench or else that right flank be willingly open for any attacker to run right through.

Bertus

Realistically, which other club (PSG not included) could afford Alves's salary and would be stupid enough to buy him? I can't think of anyone at the moment unfortunately.

I bet lots of clubs want him but it would cost him to cut his salary by at least half.

In Alves' mind, i guess at his age, he thinks it's better to stay one year and get paid with his current salary even if it means to be benched a bit or even a lot, than switching to a club that will pay him less for way more efforts.

I don't blame him at all. Many players react like that at the same age.

Stric

Him getting benched in a goddamn WC by none other than Scolari should make it easier for Lucho to bench him as well.

Bertus

Him getting benched in a goddamn WC by none other than Scolari should make it easier for Lucho to bench him as well.

At this point and since i guess he's not stupid and realizes he's on decline, I think he'll be happy to finish his last year as long as he's paid.

But as i said, I don't see how he could be blamed for that.

Egert

Estonian Culé
HAH :lol:
Even if Alves stays, it wouldn't mean he will be starter as Montoya would fit better the more defensive profile Luis Enrique wants. [md]

serghei

HAH :lol:
Even if Alves stays, it wouldn't mean he will be starter as Montoya would fit better the more defensive profile Luis Enrique wants. [md]

I guess we'll see about that in about 6 weeks. Alves is not dead as a pro yet, even if many here hate his guts.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You cannot blame people for not enjoying his average perfornances. Before it was argued that its because of our style of play, but he sucked with Brazil in the WC as well.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Since no one is putting a serious offer on the table, I say trust him and Montoya for another season. Then he can get a respectful farewell and we go separate ways at the end of the season.

Home of Barca Fans