Daniel Alves

BerkeleyBernie

Yeah. He made a good point. He's basically doing diagonals forward. What he should do is get nearer the touch line and then hit it across or backwards across goal.

*Especially* with Barça. Little point in floating balls "in the danger area" where they are easily defended by tall defenders. However, cutback passes, whether high or low, are where Barça players can do some damage, or, if cleared, more likely to drop centrally where Barça can continue to attack through a disrupted defense.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah be happy...The mighty Douglas and Montoya are coming :lol:

Exactly. Say all you want about Dani, but his replacements are much worse than him. I just don't get the club's logic of letting him go (and possibly Montoya go) without a back-up plan. And Douglas is not a back-up plan.

Devils

Neither Montoya or Douglas have played enough to judged as worse than Dani. And being better than Dani is barely a challenge nowadays.

Barca plays possessive and attacking football. Dani attacking or crossing, 90% of the surrenders possession and nullify the play going forward.

It's absolutely atrocious to watch. Re-watch the PSG game again, it will drive you fucking nuts just watching Alves play.

He's just that bad and it was too evident at the end of last season that he should have left.

barcanuck

Neither Montoya or Douglas have played enough to judged as worse than Dani. And being better than Dani is barely a challenge nowadays.

Barca plays possessive and attacking football. Dani attacking or crossing, 90% of the surrenders possession and nullify the play going forward.

It's absolutely atrocious to watch. Re-watch the PSG game again, it will drive you fucking nuts just watching Alves play.

He's just that bad and it was too evident at the end of last season that he should have left.

Alba and Busi drive me nuts at times with similar lazy decisions as Dani. I think all 3 need to stop being so comfortable with their position being theirs and get rotated more and more especially for the big games.

serghei

It's cause and effect. They haven't played enough because they were poor so far. It's either they are worse than Dani, or Lucho is senile. It's probably the first.

Kohe321

Yeah, his crosses are extremely frustrating. Did any of them lead to anything other than a loss of possession tonight? All I remember is crosses going out way wide to no one, or missing the target and being cleared by defenders over and over. His defensive work was also poor. In fact, he just looks careless and half-assed all the time now a days. To think it's Montoya and Douglas are the ones behind him at our RB position...

Last edited:

dakt

All I can say is that every time he got the ball I was on the edge of my nerves. He can cost us badly this season.

Home of Barca Fans