Daniel Alves

Truthist

He showed more commitment than usual, I'll give him that but, sadly he's just not up to standard anymore. He offers nothing going forward apart from his bone headed crosses and he's rarely interested in defending anymore.

Seriously, I'm very disappointed with Enrique. I was expecting him to make the tough calls but so far he's just been another Tata.

It really wouldn't harm us to give Montoya an extended run in the side, look at Carvajal after a season in the first team. It takes patience and periods of inconsistent form before a young player finds his feet. It's tough but very rewarding, ultimately.

SeloBarca

Montoya havent been impressive either. Hes not much better then current bad Alves at his best.
Douglas will get alot of free tickets to watch the games from the stands.

Truthist

It's hard to play well if you get selected for one game in a dozen. Montoya needs a run of games before we can come to an objective assessment.

iceon

Montoya :lol: Dani is in horrible form (had a decent game defensively one on one today though), but Montoya is worse.

Irish_Cules

To be honest I thought he had a pretty good game. He was left to defend that flank on his own pretty much and sure he lost a few of his battles but he won some also. You can't expect him to deal with Isco, Ronaldo and Marcelo on his own. By the time the 2nd half was in full flow the team had collapsed so its hard to judge that period.

Lomar1o

To be honest I thought he had a pretty good game. He was left to defend that flank on his own pretty much and sure he lost a few of his battles but he won some also. You can't expect him to deal with Isco, Ronaldo and Marcelo on his own. By the time the 2nd half was in full flow the team had collapsed so its hard to judge that period.

agreed. our players on the wing were double teamed, and sandwiched between madrid players, that was their gameplan to suffocate our attacking players. on the other hand alves and mathieu were always almost all alone. that funny moment when alves' hit the ball in ronaldo's face? what does it tell us? ronaldo, even tho they were winning, was still defending in marcelo's position. same goes with james rodriguez, him and carvajal didn't let anyone move, our wings were cut off. as for themidfield, we never had one to begin with...

Truthist

There was more commitment from Dani than usual. Our best player was Penaldo, he broke down so many counters for Madrid with his horrible decision making.

FC B

Marcelo waltzed past him a few times and as usual left way too much space behind him... He wasn't a complete trainwreck like in some of the previous matches, but still a far cry from being good, in my opinion...

He contained pretty well Cristiano up to the late stages of the game. No other RB Barca has right now could've done it like he did imo.
But his crosses were once again a pain in the ass..
Seriously, I'm very disappointed with Enrique. I was expecting him to make the tough calls but so far he's just been another Tata.

I'm sorry to say it but as compared to Enrique, Tata's team played a lot better vs. them in all he 3 clasicos and this without many new players the club has atm...

Last edited:

Schumi

There was more commitment from Dani than usual. Our best player was Penaldo, he broke down so many counters for Madrid with his horrible decision making.

Messi and Ronaldo were both extremely poor last night, especially considering their usual standards. In fact Penaldo was Madrid's worst player for sure. Messi fails to gain the same distinction for us, because we had at least 4-5 other players who were as bad as he was.

As for Dani Alves, I don't get all the hate he gets from our fans. People go on and one about his poor crossing, but in truth, Alves crosses the ball when we have no other option. If the midfield cannot penetrate, and if Messi-Neymar cannot dribble past defenders, then our only option is a hoof from Alves into the box. I know it rarely results in goals, but the fact of the matter is that Dani at least works hard, whilst others shy away from taking the initiative. He was also good defensively last night.

Last edited:

Truthist

Messi and Ronaldo were both extremely poor last night, especially considering their usual standards. In fact Penaldo was Madrid's worst player for sure. Messi fails to gain the same distinction for us, because we had at least 4-5 other players who were as bad as he was.

As for Dani Alves, I don't get all the hate he gets from our fans. People go on and one about his poor crossing, but in truth, Alves crosses the ball when we have no other option. If the midfield cannot penetrate, and if Messi-Neymar cannot dribble past defenders, then our only option is a hoof from Alves into the box. I know it rarely results in goals, but the fact of the matter is that Dani at least works hard, whilst others shy away from taking the initiative. He was also good defensively last night.

Messi was poor but he's rarely wasteful in possession and his decision making is always extra ordinary. It's harder for Messi to perform than Penaldo whom we afford acres of space against a very slow midfield and defenders. Even then he manages he is extremely wasteful.

Dani Alves was decent defensively yesterday but he usually isn't, in fact, he hardly even tries to track back or defend most of the time. When you put that with his ridiculous crosses it's no wonder he gets a lot of stick from people her and fans in the Camp Nou.

khaled_a_d

Montoya :lol: Dani is in horrible form (had a decent game defensively one on one today though), but Montoya is worse.

Alves needs to be rested ,there should be a rotation and Montoya is the only player there to rotate with him,he is bad may be but still better than the likes Patric&Douglas ,we don't have other options for that position tbh
I mean if 25 years old Alba get benched why not 31 years old Alves?

Home of Barca Fans