Daniel Alves

Alarcón

I'm sorry to say it but as compared to Enrique, Tata's team played a lot better vs. them in all he 3 clasicos and this without many new players the club has atm...

And how did Tata's team play in any of the 6 matches against Atlético?

Truthist

Alves needs to be rested ,there should be a rotation and Montoya is the only player there to rotate with him,he is bad may be but still better than the likes Patric&Douglas ,we don't have other options for that position tbh
I mean if 25 years old Alba get benched why not 31 years old Alves?

Perhaps Lucho is scared of upsetting some of the egos?

Truthist

Obviously, Pep played a defensive LB (Abidal) and an attacking RB in Alves and Lucho is trying the same.
I mean seriously, can our coaches never think outside the box and try an attacking LB (Alba) and a balanced RB in Montoya or perhaps even Bartra.

We are scared of making reasonable experiments yet perpetuate to make inexplicable ones like Mathieu as LWB and an outdated midfield of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets.

As soon as I saw that midfield I knew we were going to have problems every single time we lost possession.

The most frustrating issue is we never seem to learn from the past. It won't surprise if we try something similar in the next Clasico.

Last edited:

Schumi

Messi was poor but he's rarely wasteful in possession and his decision making is always extra ordinary. It's harder for Messi to perform than Penaldo whom we afford acres of space against a very slow midfield and defenders. Even then he manages he is extremely wasteful.

Dani Alves was decent defensively yesterday but he usually isn't, in fact, he hardly even tries to track back or defend most of the time. When you put that with his ridiculous crosses it's no wonder he gets a lot of stick from people her and fans in the Camp Nou.

I agree that we keep making it easy for Penaldo, but even yesterday when they had like 10 great counters he managed to fuck up every single one! Good job Penaldo! I am not attacking Messi here, and I know how well he is marked in each and every game, I am just observing that he was not good yesterday.

As per Alves, we all fully understand that he is not the 25 year old Alves who had the stamina of a horse so his game is severely compromised. But I don't see him as our weakness, the problems of the team are mainly elsewhere and this is the prime reason that Alves gets exposed so much, since he has to be the one providing the extra outlet in attack.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Alves was decent defensively but that does not mean he is enough for barca. We don't have any other choice that is why he is starting. Every madrid attack came from his side, carlo knew dani does not track back and xavi busi and iniesta provided no cover from him. Pique also played that side and we all know how shit he is now a days. RB position remains our biggest problem and set piece defending too.

BerkeleyBernie

But his crosses were once again a pain in the ass..

Zero crosses in the first half, and 100% pass success (then 8 crosses in the second half, with 4 in the last 15 minutes). I noticed it immediately while watching. In part, because Suarez and Messi played over to the right much more in the first half (and what a brilliant cross from Suarez to Neymar, hard and direct; had he floated it across field, the defender would have had plenty of time to close Neymar down).

I noticed many interesting things from Barça in the first half, of which Alves lack of crosses was one. There was a period of time when Xavi played almost entirely on the left. From minutes 10 to 35, Xavi barely touched the ball on the right side of the field, I suspect to make room for Messi, who played much of the first half as an attacking midfielder. Mathieu played almost exclusively in Barça's half in the first 10 minutes, then almost exclusively in Madrid's half for the rest of the first period. Either Ancelotti adapted well at the break, or Lucho did the opposite. I'll have to watch again to see what tactical shifts occurred. Lucho had a new tactical setup, which worked well enough in the first half, then either was changed or got exposed in the second.

Frodo_FCB

Obviously, Pep played a defensive LB (Abidal) and an attacking RB in Alves and Lucho is trying the same.
I mean seriously, can our coaches never think outside the box and try an attacking LB (Alba) and a balanced RB in Montoya or perhaps even Bartra.

We are scared of making reasonable experiments yet perpetuate to make inexplicable ones like Mathieu as LWB and an outdated midfield of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets.

As soon as I saw that midfield I knew we were going to have problems every single time we lost possession.

The most frustrating issue is we never seem to learn from the past. It won't surprise if we try something similar in the next Clasico.

This!

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Alves was decent defensively but that does not mean he is enough for barca. We don't have any other choice that is why he is starting. Every madrid attack came from his side, carlo knew dani does not track back and xavi busi and iniesta provided no cover from him. Pique also played that side and we all know how shit he is now a days. RB position remains our biggest problem and set piece defending too.

None of our defenders are good enough (except possibly Alba). Yesterday he was much better than Mathieu for instance. I'd go as far as to say that Dani was our MotM.

Cule4life

The Culest
Dani was our MotM.

:lol: :rofl1: :mascherano:

oh-shi.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona want to offer Dani Alves (31) a one-year renewal. The right back is only willing to accept a renewal for two or three years. [md]

Stric

What the fuck is he doing? We were in a beautiful opportunity with tons of space in the middle and he crossed the ball literally directly into the goalkeeper's hands from a very short distance. Please someone tell me more about how Montoya makes stupid mistakes and offers nothing in attack. This kind of crap costs games just as much as mistakes in defense do.

Home of Barca Fans