Daniel Alves

anguy

Bullshit. Other than the Malaga game, he's been among the best RBs of 2015 so far. For example, his performance against Atletico on Camp Nou, was one of the best I've seen so far this year, from any right back.

I counted his 2014 matches of course. First half of season doesn't count now? And he profits from Messi's presence on RW immensely. Just wait what will happen with him if Messi is forced to go back to the centre. Also you can't stop the age. Next year all his weaknesses will be magnified even more. To give him 3 year contract (like this alleged PSG offer) would be pretty stupid (especially with his high wages), I'd rather wait 6 months for until winter for new FB.

Last edited:

cmsy27

Dani Alves on PSG rumors

B_54qgTUUAAK8bE.png:large

With alves it is love-hate relationship. Either you hate him or you love him, there is no middle ground.

Now that's a statement.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I counted his 2014 matches of course. First half of season doesn't count now? And he profits from Messi's presence on RW immensely. Just wait what will happen with him if Messi is forced to go back to the centre. Also you can't stop the age. Next year all his weaknesses will be magnified even more. To give him 3 year contract (like this alleged PSG offer) would be pretty stupid (especially with his high wages), I'd rather wait 6 months for until winter for new FB.

Tell mw which players excelled in the first half of the season? You don't remember the meltdown in here? We sucked as a team, not even Messi could help us because even he was affected. And how do you know his "weaknesses will be magnified"? Can i borrow your crystal ball? No, he didn't only profit from Messi's presence on RW (and I don't even understand why that would be a bad thing?), however our team made a profit from our team getting their sh*t together in the second part of the season - including Alves. And 2 years is maximum he will be given...

anguy

Tell mw which players excelled in the first half of the season? You don't remember the meltdown in here? We sucked as a team, not even Messi could help us because even he was affected. And how do you know his "weaknesses will be magnified"? Can i borrow your crystal ball? No, he didn't only profit from Messi's presence on RW (and I don't even understand why that would be a bad thing?), however our team made a profit from our team getting their sh*t together in the second part of the season - including Alves. And 2 years is maximum he will be given...

Messi, Neymar, Alba, Mascherano, Bravo were either as good as now or in case of Neymar better. And Alves had great January and most of February, but he's not that great in last few games (Vallecano aside) especially defensively. Better than in first half of season but not that good to give me confidence he'll be able to contribute significantly next year, when he'll be one year older and no longer playing for next contract. If he'll get just 2 years, it's OK, I guess, but 1 year would be ideal (he'd never agree with that of course).

Empty

Abuse over a possible decision to leave us?

Alves is a Barca legend. His last couple of seasons might have been mediocre and so incredibly frustrating, but no one can take away anything from the part he played in our fantastic teams.

Alves owes Barcelona nothing. He has already represented us well throughout all these years and besides, the club itself has not started any talks about a contract renewal so why abuse him?

If anything then turn your anger towards those who are responsible for

1. Not signing an adequate replacement for him. Douglas is.... Just Douglas.

2. Not starting contract renewal talks yet, even though he only has a few months left!

Hell yeah, he was the best RB in the world, by far, save for maybe the one year Maicon was destroying everyone (and arguably better defensively), when Inter won the UCL.

A bit disheartening to see people acting more like Madrid fans.

kollegah

i would give him a 2 year contract, he can do very good, and he is the best rb in the world in terms of passing, vision and technique. Yes he has his brainfats, yes he has his silly crosses, but what he provides for the offence is unique and cant be provided by any other player at the moment

Icarium

Lifestealer
Luis Enrique: "Do I want Alves to renew? Just check my line-ups... I like him a lot. He's a special player. Club and player have to decide"

When the coach has confidence in a player club should renew the player forgetting all politics and nonsense like that. We are not Real Madrid to sell players that coach wants in his team.

Kerrybai

SIGN HIM UP!

Now more than ever we should be signing him up as he has Messi to play with on the right again. While we all hated his crosses they were a result of tactics as opposed to the desire of Alves to punish the fans.

L

linetty

I guess he is angry not only at Marca, but at Barca because from reports it seems that they don't want to renew him.
What? Lucho says at every press conference that Alves is a key player and he likes him very much. Reports say there'll be a meeting after El Clasico to hold renewal talks.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
What? Lucho says at every press conference that Alves is a key player and he likes him very much. Reports say there'll be a meeting after El Clasico to hold renewal talks.

Exactly Lucho says that he wants Alves to renew and that is probably the only reason the club will consider renewing him because otherwise why they have been waiting so long.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans