Daniel Alves

e28makaveli

it's like those long passes in FIFA :lol: The truth is he is still the best in his position, :worthy:

Still the best in his position for sure.

That was a beaut, and more inventive.

That outside of the foot pass beat this one in my opinion. Those kinds of passes are very difficult to get right especially at long range.

OK, now I am convinced. Must re-sign Alves. Lucho, Messi and the rest of the team are right, this guy is key to this team.

What both Alves and Alba have not gotten enough credit for this season is their defense. CR7 and Bale kill fullbacks. They beat the Barca fullbacks zero times yesterday. Dani snuffs so many attacks before they get started, way deep in the Barca offensive end. He either slows them or fouls them, and the counter fizzles out.

Alves is so dependable bringing the ball upfield. This is easy to take for granted, but most teams don't even have any midfielders who handle the ball this well.

Is it a good idea to have to give a player this old too long a contract? To have to pay him what it is going to take to get this done? Well, good thing this team takes in half a billion euros a year. Suck it up, cut the check. Maybe in two years he will still be a very valuable part-time player, like Xavi is now. Overpaying for a proven Barca mainstay sure beats overpaying for an acquisition that might never become a core component of the team.

:worthy:

Leo_Messi

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/alves-quiere-tres-anos-para-firmar-ultimo-contrato-4047418

If this news above is true (Alves wanting a contract of 3 years) then such a demand is beyond ridiculous. He is rightly pissed off due to the incompetence of the board and them dragging his contract extension on (now the club is desperate to renew his contract as it ends this summer) but it's still a unfair demand. In hindsight then the club should have renewed his contract this past summer until 2017.

Anyway I hope that they can agree on a 2 year extension. That would be perfect. Alves has 1 year left at least on this level. They could always sell him next summer or release him.

Montoya and Jokelas alone would simply be too much to bear.

Vars

Banned
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/alves-quiere-tres-anos-para-firmar-ultimo-contrato-4047418

If this news above is true (Alves wanting a contract of 3 years) then such a demand is beyond ridiculous. He is rightly pissed off due to the incompetence of the board and them dragging his contract extension on (now the club is desperate to renew his contract as it ends this summer) but it's still a unfair demand. In hindsight then the club should have renewed his contract this past summer until 2017.

Anyway I hope that they can agree on a 2 year extension. That would be perfect. Alves has 1 year left at least on this level. They could always sell him next summer or release him.

I agree. 3 years is just ridiculous.

serghei

I say sign him for three years and get it over with. Then buy a great young RB who could take over from Alves. And sell both Montoya and Douglas (at least try to).

F

Flavia

2 years would be the best. And then letting him go or selling him next summer.

CuleLife4Life

I never thought he'd make things easy for the club. 3 seasons is just too much but unless the club thinks they'll be ok, they'll probably relent and we're stuck paying his massive wages.

Make it 2 with half of what he wanted for his third year added on to his salary of the first 2 years

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Dinorah (agent Alves): "If Barcelona call me today, they might arrive late." [md]

The agent of Dani Alves (31) has arrived in Paris to hold talks with PSG. The contract of the Brazilian right back expires in June. [md]

Interesting, so I guess Barca will wait a little bit longer:coffee:

Zangash

Banned
His contract expires in June and it's practically April already. It doesn't look like we're going to renew him.

How we fare until January is going to be interesting.

Kohe321

I wonder how many points it would cost us to play Montoya and Douglas at RB for half a season, not to mention the CL group stages.

Should Bartra cover the position, with Vermaelen now back and able to play?

Home of Barca Fans