Daniel Alves

F

Flavia

Zubi said in that press conference they weren't going to renew him. But then LE wanted him to stay. Thing is the club left him hanging without an answer so far. He can't just wait indefinitely. His agent words are due to this.

The club waited until knowing about the ban, and who knows what they are still waiting for. They should just had told him if they will renew or not. And that's not humiliating. The silent treatment is.

B

beautifulgame

The arrogance of that statement and his arrogance regarding his contract in general is reason enough not to renew him. A well-past-his-prime no-good often-cringe-worthy 32-year-old player/clown who's cost us dozens of goals and offers close to nothing but wasted passes wants a multi-year extension with a huge salary at possibly the finest club in Europe at the moment? Common sense has the answer here. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Oh get off ur high horse. He's has given ample if not excessive courtesy and advantage to Barca.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Oh get off ur high horse. He's has given ample if not excessive courtesy and advantage to Barca.

By demanding a 3 year renewal? Nah.

That said, I do want us to renew him. We could always just let him go in 1-2 seasons via mutual termination of contract or by transferring him.

BarcaGirl

I've read somewhere that Alves wants 3 more years and no paycut. Is this true?

There's no way in hell that the board will renew him, if he makes such crazy demands.

Stric

He's taking advantage of the club's position with the transfer ban to negotiate terms which would be beyond unreasonable in normal circumstances. Love for the club, my ass.

serghei

He's taking advantage of the club's position with the transfer ban to negotiate terms which would be beyond unreasonable in normal circumstances. Love for the club, my ass.

How it is beyond unreasonable if other clubs are more than willing to pay what he's asking?

Bertus

He can love the club, and try to get the best contract at Barca or elsewhere especially since he's 32. That's his last chance to get a long contract (3 years) and a good wage.

To me it's the same as Xavi. He did a lot already, he can think about himself now.

Don't be so butthurt. And it's not as if the club showed him this much love lately to begin with as others stated it to you already.

Home of Barca Fans