Daniel Alves

Stric

How it is beyond unreasonable if other clubs are more than willing to pay what he's asking?

Other, lower ranked clubs. No club at Barca's level or higher would pay him those wages.

He can love the club, and try to get the best contract at Barca or elsewhere especially since he's 32. That's his last chance to get a long contract (3 years) and a good wage.

To me it's the same as Xavi. He did a lot already, he can think about himself now.

Don't be so butthurt. And it's not as if the club showed him this much love lately to begin with as others stated it to you already.

Comparing Xavi to Alves, seriously? Xavi is a club icon, born and raised in its ranks.

F

Flavia

Other, lower ranked clubs. No club at Barca's level or higher would pay him those wages.

Comparing Xavi to Alves, seriously? Xavi is a club icon, born and raised in its ranks.
Lower ranked? I really dont think psg is that lower than Barça. And Alves is not home grown, but he is the best rb Barça ever had, and a club legend. This board showed him no respect.

Bertus

PSG is a good club with the same kind of stars there are at Barca minus Messi.

Also, I think he actually wants to be able to play with DL, TS, Marquinhos and Maxwell. He already said it a few times he would really like that to happen one day.

And yeah I'm comparing. Alves was the best RB of the last decade together with Lahm. A legend to any young players that want to become a RB.

Stric

Lower ranked? I really dont think psg is that lower than Barça. And Alves is not home grown, but he is the best rb Barça ever had, and a club legend. This board showed him no respect.

Lower-ranked might be a bad expression. PSG is a fine club, but ask anyone what the top 3-5 clubs in the world are, chances are PSG won't be among them. That's the kind of reputation Barcelona has (in this decade at least), and playing for such a club is a privilege higher than playing for PSG or Juventus or other great European clubs.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think he's earned the nice retirement package from Barcelona after 7 glorious seasons but he's also entitled to take the bigger paycheck too...Got nothing left to prove and so I can see him wanting to retire here (As he should, IMO) but he's also earned the right to go & get a better deal

Bertus

Lower-ranked might be a bad expression. PSG is a fine club, but ask anyone what the top 3-5 clubs in the world are, chances are PSG won't be among them. That's the kind of reputation Barcelona has, and playing for such a club is a privilege higher than playing for PSG or Juventus or other great European clubs.
And how is it disrespectful to Barca to sign for a club that is not in EVERYONE top 5.

Man, if he was signing for a club in Qatar or MLS for even bigger wage, what would you say ffs.

Bertus

I think he's earned the nice retirement package from Barcelona after 7 glorious seasons but he's also entitled to take the bigger paycheck too...Got nothing left to prove and so I can see him wanting to retire here (As he should, IMO) but he's also earned the right to go & get a better deal

Misunderstood your post :lol:

F

Flavia

Lower-ranked might be a bad expression. PSG is a fine club, but ask anyone what the top 3-5 clubs in the world are, chances are PSG won't be among them. That's the kind of reputation Barcelona has (in this decade at least), and playing for such a club is a privilege higher than playing for PSG or Juventus or other great European clubs.
we have douglas in our squad, Stric. What privilege is that, please tell me.

Stric

And how is it disrespectful to Barca to sign for a club that is not in EVERYONE top 5.

Man, if he was signing for a club in Qatar or MLS for even bigger wage, what would you say ffs.

I don't understand what you're saying. I said it is disrespectful from him to take advantage of the club to negotiate better wages, considering how much he brags about loving the club, how huge the club is, and what point in his career he is at. The reality is, if Barca didn't have a transfer ban, he'd have no leverage to negotiate in the first place, let alone negotiate over such extreme wages. In fact, if Barca didn't have a transfer ban, they probably wouldn't extend his contract, and he wouldn't have the opportunity to play at such a huge club again. He's 32, he's well past his prime, and he's frequently being widely criticized for horrible performances.

we have douglas in our squad, Stric. What privilege is that, please tell me.

Douglas did nothing to be chosen, you know that very well. Besides, that has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to get across (which is just above).

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Alves is using our transfer ban to his advantage, or rather, his agent is. You can't deny that. It was stupid of the board to wait this long to try and renew him. The cards are in Dani's hands now.

Bertus

I don't understand what you're saying. I said it is disrespectful from him to take advantage of that kind of a club to negotiate better wages, considering how much he brags about loving the club. The reality is, if Barca didn't have a transfer ban, he'd have no leverage to negotiate in the first place, let alone negotiate over such extreme wages. In fact, if Barca didn't have a transfer ban, they probably wouldn't extend his contract, and he wouldn't have the opportunity to play at such a huge club again.

Douglas did nothing to be chosen, you know that very well. Besides, that has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to get across (which is just above).

Alves has nothing to do wit hthe transfer ban. If you want to find a culprit go spam the rosell thread.

I see nothing wrong if he uses that to get a better contract. A so marvelous club like Barcelona should not have a transfer ban to begin with. But as you can see, barca's reputation didn't save the club after doing something bad.

What does ternish Barca reputation the most? Alves using the transfer ban to get a better contract? Or the transfer ban to begin with? The former does not.

I see nothing wrong in what Alves is doing. he's not responsible in any way if Barca did something trash that deserved a transfer ban.

Last edited:

Bertus

Alves is using our transfer ban to his advantage, or rather, his agent is. You can't deny that. It was stupid of the board to wait this long to try and renew him. The cards are in Dani's hands now.
There's no charity. Especially after how he was treated.

Also, as I said the transfer ban is unrelated to him. Blaming him because he takes advantage of it? It's the club fault that he's taking advantage of it, not alves' fault.

Stric

Again, you're missing the point and replying to things that I've never said. Alves didn't cause the transfer ban, but he is using it as leverage.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I see nothing wrong in what Alves is doing. he's not responsible in any way if Barca did something trash that deserved a transfer ban.

To be fair, most clubs do what Barca was punished for. Our board was just incompetent at covering up its trail.

Home of Barca Fans