Daniel Alves

CuleLife4Life

Football is a business first and foremost. Players like Xavi are very rare. Heck even Iker tried extorted Real Madrid when they wanted to let him go this past summer for an obscene amount of money that was left on his contract.

I blame our board for being extremely dumb about this whole thing and buying Douglas. If they wanted a Brazilian rightback, Mayke from Cruzeiro would have been good. Plus younger that Douglas and Montoya.

Bertus

Where are the players? And Xavi traveled to qatar today, so this time is more than speculation.

Same, want to see that fabulous list of players that accepted a lower salary and a 1-year contract after having almost been treated like trash by their club.

Bertus

What I make of Stric's comments is that the way Alves used the ban to pressure the club to give him the 3-year contract he wants is immoral, even if he didn't cause the ban. In a way, it is. But Alves has shown numerous times to be a player with personality, that will not be easily subdued. Him wanting that contract has nothing to do with his love for the club, which should be pretty much clear after 7 years with us. It's about his pride as a player. And regardless of what anyone thinks he still is a top top player. He'd walk in that PSG team. WALK. Fuck the age, he could play very well until he's 35. Need I remind you that Sylvinho played in a CL final at 35 and did it great? No. The way people talk about age these days, you'd say players die after they turn 34 or something. Xavi came on in the clasico at 35 and instantly calmed down the game.

It is not. Alves' agent just defends her client's rights.

And also, Strict acts as if the club was always loyal to him. They were not.

Those morals talks in football are 100% BS.

As I said, if Strict thinks Messi (who's the god amongs gods with no default for many barca fans) AND his agents are all angels that don't pressure the club from time to time to always get better salaries, bonuses and advantages, then he's living in his own pink ponies world.

F

Flavia

What I make of Stric's comments is that the way Alves used the ban to pressure the club to give him the 3-year contract he wants is immoral, even if he didn't cause the ban. In a way, it is. But Alves has shown numerous times to be a player with personality, that will not be easily subdued. Him wanting that contract has nothing to do with his love for the club, which should be pretty much clear after 7 years with us. It's about his pride as a player. And regardless of what anyone thinks he still is a top top player. He'd walk in that PSG team. WALK. Fuck the age, he could play very well until he's 35. Need I remind you that Sylvinho played in a CL final at 35 and did it great? No. The way people talk about age these days, you'd say players die after they turn 34 or something. Xavi came on in the clasico at 35 and instantly calmed down the game.

Why immoral, ffs? You think the proposal this board made, for one more year only, isn't, then? He stays one more year, then he's sent away packing, and loses the opportunity to sign now for a club like psg for more. Not a bit fair to the guy.

And I don't even care that much for him, let's make it clear. I just understand his reasons. I care about Barça, and right now the best is Alves staying. This board is the one screwing everything up.

Bertus

And I don't even care that much for him, let's make it clear. I just understand his reasons. I care about Barça, and right now the best is Alves staying. This board is the one screwing everything up.
Same, and I don't even want him to sign for PSG.

Yet, I try to be fair. He's an employee, and like any employees, he can choose what's best for his own interest when he has the chance to be given a choice.

Those talks remind me of the people here that almost insulted TS because he said he was not interested to sign for a club that offers him a lower salary.

It was seen as an insult, as if you have to accept everything as long as the offer comes from Barcelona.

That mentality of "superiority" and that "everyone should bend over to Barcelona" is hurting the club more than helping it.

Last edited:

serghei

Why immoral, ffs? You think the proposal this board made, for one more year only, isn't, then? He stays one more year, then he's sent away packing, and loses the opportunity to sign now for a club like psg for more. Not a bit fair to the guy.

I didn't defend the club. However, Alves is making it very hard to negociate with.

I do care about him, one of my favourite Barca players, and much much better than he's being given credit nowadays, and I also understand his reasons. But he should also show a little more leniency. It would be better for him to stay here, and if the club is giving him 2 years with a top wage, he should take it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alves do not need to renew. If anything then he could leave and no one should blame him for that IMO because he would leave as a Club Legend whose contract should've been renewed earlier this season after we failed to acquire an adequate replacement, but as usual with this board they've messed up here as well.

His agent have repeatedly told the club through the media to come up with an offer, but these idiots are delaying it for god knows what reason. He could've signed a pre-contract with any club he wanted in January as his contract runs out in summer, but he didn't.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He could have signed last summer for anyone as Barca where prepared to let him go.
Noone wanted him with his salary and contract demands though.

Bertus

He could have signed last summer for anyone as Barca where prepared to let him go.
Noone wanted him with his salary and contract demands though.
We will never know what exactly happened, but last summer, french medias reported Alves wanted to sign for PSG, but it's the Barca Board that blocked this transfer. French medias reported Barca tried to use it as part of a deal to get marquinhos, which was not what PSG wanted, and Barca was against any other deal about Alves joining PSG.

Of course spanish papers have theor own version of the story, but here I share what was said in Paris.

So as you can see, who knows what really happened, but last summer, PSG was ready to buy him. Alves even strongly shared hints of it in the french magazine Surface in Mars/Avril 2014.

Aurier was not the first choice on the list, that's for sure we know here.

Last edited:

Bertus

French medias are reporting that MARCA posted that:

- Dani Alves reached an agreement with PSG. He will sign a 3-years contract and will earn 9M euros as salary (gross).

Bertus

Apparently french medias themselves also got details directly from Alves' agent.

They implied that we might get more details of the contract next week apparently.

Oh well, seems done. F*ck.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Apparently french medias themselves also got details directly from Alves' agent.

They implied that we might get more details of the contract next week apparently.

Oh well, seems done. F*ck.

Yeah. @#$%. Montoya/Adriano for us next season, we are truly @#$%ed. I will miss his crucial crosses.

Home of Barca Fans