Daniel Alves

F

Flavia

Good news for us at least. He'll have less leverage if true.

Or he'll panic and sign with the next club that makes him a good offer. He keeps waiting for a move from the club, and nothing happens.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Or he'll panic and sign with the next club that makes him a good offer. He keeps waiting for a move from the club, and nothing happens.

With a normal board, this should help us, but this a**holes are capable of getting greedy and try to use it at their advantage .. I guess we'll not know for sure until something is official signed, one way or the other.

Zangash

Banned
Chances are we won't renew him. It's April and his contract expires in June. This is the exact same thing we did to Muniesa and Abidal over the past couple of seasons.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Chances are we won't renew him. It's April and his contract expires in June. This is the exact same thing we did to Muniesa and Abidal over the past couple of seasons.

Exact same thing as Muniesa, a Barcelona B player that was also injured almost the whole season he was supposed to get some games with the first team? Or the same thing as Abidal who had cancer, and than got cancer again? Mhm...

F

Flavia

Exact same thing as Muniesa, a Barcelona B player that was also injured almost the whole season he was supposed to get some games with the first team? Or the same thing as Abidal who had cancer, and than got cancer again? Mhm...

I think he meant the silent treatment they both got.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I think he meant the silent treatment they both got.

First of all, we don't REALLY know what's been said between the club and Alves - or what was said between Abidal and the club. Alves agent might try to get an extra year or some extra €. But comparing Alves to Muniesa is kind of silly, we would not renew him anyway - Muniesa was a B player who was injured his last season with us, we simply released him. Abidal was of course a different situation, but the guy - no matter how much I liked him - was over 30 and had cancer twice, the transparency might have been better indeed I agree.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

First of all, we don't REALLY know what's been said between the club and Alves - or what was said between Abidal and the club. Alves agent might try to get an extra year or some extra €. But comparing Alves to Muniesa is kind of silly, we would not renew him anyway - Muniesa was a B player who was injured his last season with us, we simply released him. Abidal was of course a different situation, but the guy - no matter how much I liked him - was over 30 and had cancer twice, the transparency might have been better indeed I agree.

Not the point in question. Muniesa wasn't even told that they weren't renewing him, they just ignored him. And all we can know is what alves or his agent say, as the club is silent. All they said before was what Zubi told, that there was no plan to renew Alves.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Not the point in question. Muniesa wasn't even told that they weren't renewing him, they just ignored him. And all we can know is what alves or his agent say, as the club is silent. All they said before was what Zubi told, that there was no plan to renew Alves.

If true, than it's a really strange situation. It's not like he's a janitor at Camp Nou on a probationary period not knowing if he gets a permanent employment or extended contract - he was and still is an integral part of the team and we have a ban hanging over us. He sees the people who know his future every day, and they what? Ignore each other? They talk about the weather?

raskolnikov

If I was Alves I would demand a talk with the person in charge, no response = decision to leave imo, and righty so.
This shit is ridiculous, we have the most passive board ever, they do nothing all day it seems.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

If true, than it's a really strange situation. It's not like he's a janitor at Camp Nou on a probationary period not knowing if he gets a permanent employment or extended contract - he was and still is an integral part of the team and we have a ban hanging over us. He sees the people who know his future every day, and they what? Ignore each other? They talk about the weather?

I have no idea. But I don't think the players see the board members everyday.

JamDav1982

Muniesa didnt seem to think he was treated badly or ignored he actually said the opposite and people at club were 'respectful' to him.

When he left and was asked about not being offered a new contract he answered

“They took a while, yes, but I am grateful that they gave me the chance to play for Barca B this season and they have been respectful to the end,”

Ursegor

World Champion
The club is gambling IMO. Alves seems to have ridiculous demands (3 year contract without paycut around € 10M a year?) which scare even PSG off according to most reports, otherwise he'd be a PSG player by now for sure. He doesn't do charity for Barca, he still hasn't signed with anyone simply because no one wants to pay his wages. If Alves realizes that no club is budging to his demand and the longer it drags out the more likely he will accept an offer on Barca's terms.

Or the club is delusional and they think Montoya, Douglas, Bartra will do the job.

I can't blame the club for not giving in to Alves' demands. A declining 31 year old fullback doesn't deserve a € 30M paycheck (€ 10M p. a. for 3 years). The fault is buying Douglas and getting the club transfer banned so that Alves can screw the club at will. Which every sane person should have anticipated last summer. :zubi:

F

Flavia

Come on Flavia, don't take me that literally :wave: You know what I mean.

Players don't talk about that, though. Their agents do. In Alves's case, his agent is waiting for the club to call them, he made clear his wish is to stay. But his agent wasn't called to a meeting yet. So they'll wait, and if nothing happens, he'll sign for another club.

Home of Barca Fans