Daniel Alves

Zangash

Banned
Yea, it was a bad bad game. Move on. There were 5-6 players who were abysmal today, Alves included. No need to make this game about Alves in particular.

"Move on"?

You have two posts in this thread that are ramming his performance. You can talk about how poor he was but I should "Move on"?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was poor today but he's also played well of late - all it means is that he is not the player he once was...Valuable to this team still?...Of course

The problem in a renewal is that he will expect to get the wages he knows he can get elsewhere and his years of service won't be enough to warrant it...I'd like to see him remain and rotate with Montoya more but he's no longer 1st choice for this squad

F

Flavia

Bravo commited a penalty, luckily not called by the ref, because of his blunder. That was horrible. But if it was douglas, Nolito would have an even better game.

Zangash

Banned
Bravo commited a penalty, luckily not called by the ref, because of his blunder. That was horrible. But if it was douglas, Nolito would have an even better game.

That looked like a clean tackle to me tbh. He got the ball with his trailing leg and the lead leg didn't make any contact. It was awkward and could have easily been given but it seemed a good call to me.

xavi_the_Boss

He was horrible.That freakin back pass.
It seemed he didn´t care to much about his defensive duties either.
Does he really want a 3 year deal?
He shouldn´t get that either 1 year or nothing.

Kohe321

Yeah I think he kicked the ball away just before he hit the player. It could have gone either way, but watching the replay I feel the ref made the correct call.

Haven't watched it again since the match though.

F

Flavia

It looked like he got the ball first to me.

It was pretty much at the same time. That would be given 8 out of 10 times, imo. I was really relieved the ref didn't call it, but if he did, there'd be nothing to complain about.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Watched the replay last night and Larrivey got the ball away first before he was taken down.

Bravo took the man and then the ball.

L

linetty

Watched the replay last night and Larrivey got the ball away first before he was taken down.

Bravo took the man and then the ball.
Larrivey? I thought it was Nolito unless we're talking about different situations.

I think he clearly gets the ball watching last replay.

Kohe321

Larrivey? I thought it was Nolito unless we're talking about different situations.

I think he clearly gets the ball watching last replay.

I played this at 0,25 speed in youtube and pressed play-pause every frame. It seems to me that Nolito hits the ball upwards first, and just a millisecond later Bravo hits it away mid-air just before making contact with Nolito. Everything happened extremely quickly and I agree that it could easily have gone either way, which these situations often do. But objectively, to my eyes, it certainly looks like Bravo clears the ball away before making contact, and thus the decision was correct. At any rate I wouldn't exactly have been angry with Bravo or the referee had it been ruled a penalty, but rather frustrated at the sloppiness of Mathieu, Iniesta and Alves that preceded the whole situation.

Anyway, great job by Bravo on keeping another clean sheet. He really is performing incredibly well for us.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans