Daniel Alves

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I think on the contrary, in the past 10 years we have seen fewer and fewer teams with the cash available. Italian clubs and several Spanish clubs had a lot of prestige 10-15 years ago.

Well true, whatever happened to Serie A is indeed strange. Players like Ronaldo left Barca for Inter etc - Milan was one club almost everybody wanted to play in and so on. And indeed we had more clubs with prestige in Spain to, Sevilla and Valencia to name a few. But money wise it has become a different ball game.

Jombi

Well true, whatever happened to Serie A is indeed strange. Players like Ronaldo left Barca for Inter etc - Milan was one club almost everybody wanted to play in and so on. And indeed we had more clubs with prestige in Spain to, Sevilla and Valencia to name a few. But money wise it has become a different ball game.

We were at more of a disadvantage money-wise 10 years ago than we are today. We did a lot of smart decisions in the transfer market back then like focusing on the French league, even with fierce competition from a whole host of clubs and we were not so obsessed with buying from England and PSG as we are today.

Like, who knows if a guy like N'Koulou from Marseille could be our new Marquez? Or maybe Joel Veltman from Ajax. But we are never linked with these types of players. Instead we buy guys like Alex Song (from Arsenal of course) and stuff him into the CB role.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
I still maintain that we can survive until January without Alves. You guys are just spoiled. Every RB in the world not named Alves, Danilo, or Lahm is not trash.

Ritchie

We were at more of a disadvantage money-wise 10 years ago than we are today. We did a lot of smart decisions in the transfer market back then like focusing on the French league, even with fierce competition from a whole host of clubs and we were not so obsessed with buying from England and PSG as we are today.

Like, who knows if a guy like N'Koulou from Marseille could be our new Marquez? Or maybe Joel Veltman from Ajax. But we are never linked with these types of players. Instead we buy guys like Alex Song (from Arsenal of course) and stuff him into the CB role.

The worst places to buy from due to how cash rich they are and reluctance to sell. Also the leagues are a lot different.

The big Portuguese clubs, Serie A and The Bundesliga (Juve/Bayern aside) are probably the best bets for value buys.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Transfermarkt says that his contract runs out at June 30th, so we still have 3 month to renew him.

He is reportedly waiting until after easter for our offer before he decides to accept an offer from another team and sign a deal.

footyfan

Calma, calma
His loss in pace is so noticeable, he's straining to catch up to left wingers at all times. This is by far the biggest cause in his decline. However, he is essentially one of the main playmakers on the team along with Messi, so he's still kinda important. I have (and always had) absolutely zero faith in Montoya and I do not really see the hype in Danilo. Carvajal was better last year and the early parts of this season but overall not really the successor that Barca needs. I'm thinking either Marquinhos or Bartra are probably the best bet at this point in time, although it's true that I haven't exactly been noticing any promising right-backs even if they do exist.

Ritchie

His loss in pace is so noticeable, he's straining to catch up to left wingers at all times. This is by far the biggest cause in his decline. However, he is essentially one of the main playmakers on the team along with Messi, so he's still kinda important. I have (and always had) absolutely zero faith in Montoya and I do not really see the hype in Danilo. Carvajal was better last year and the early parts of this season but overall not really the successor that Barca needs. I'm thinking either Marquinhos or Bartra are probably the best bet at this point in time, although it's true that I haven't exactly been noticing any promising right-backs even if they do exist.

I know it's Arsenal again but Bellerin wouldn't be a bad option. He's a Barca boy.

DrPepper

I'd rather have Montoya or even Adriano (or Douglas?) play instead of overpaying for another overhyped Arsenal player. Its not as if we could get him for a fair price. We're basically securing them their 4th place trophy every year.

Bertus

According to L'Equipe, PSG just cut all discussions with Dani Alves.

The Parisian club chose to not sign Alves in the end even if VdW will probably be sold this summer.

VdW won't be replaced according to L'Equipe. PSG is counting on Marquinhos and Aurier for the next season.

---

Hope it's true. Aurier + Marquinhos are good enough.

It could also mean they have chosen to not spend a big salary on Alves because they have another target this summer.

Home of Barca Fans