Daniel Alves

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'd rather have Montoya or even Adriano (or Douglas?) play instead of overpaying for another overhyped Arsenal player. Its not as if we could get him for a fair price. We're basically securing them their 4th place trophy every year.

:lol:

serghei

Nolito owned him tonight. There was no Rakitic to babysit but that's no excuse.

It's not just that. He, as well as many of his teammates, was not focused enough. He was trying to dribble in his own half in the 86th minute, at 0-1. WTF!?

Zangash

Banned
For all the games where he plays well and makes you people rush in here with your "WE HAVE TO RENEW HIM" talk he has just as many where he is absolutely horrible.

This is why I'm glad we're not renewing him. I'd take solid performances against all of Malaga, Celta, and Granada over a single great game against Real Madrid.

DrPepper

Lack of alternatives. The other Danis are at Madrid now. And I doubt any of Bellerin, Darmian or De Sciglio could be better than Alves right now.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Players don't talk about that, though. Their agents do. In Alves's case, his agent is waiting for the club to call them, he made clear his wish is to stay. But his agent wasn't called to a meeting yet. So they'll wait, and if nothing happens, he'll sign for another club.

I understand players don't walk past board members somewhere at Cam Nou (or wherever) and stop to have a talk about their contracts. But nevertheless, still strange situation with players contracts etc - that was what I was trying to convey.

Zangash

Banned
Lack of alternatives. The other Danis are at Madrid now. And I doubt any of Bellerin, Darmian or De Sciglio could be better than Alves right now.

Did you watch the game today?

I would have subbed on Douglas. He's actually too scared to play that badly.

serghei

Did you watch the game today?

I would have subbed on Douglas. He's actually too scared to play that badly.

Yea, it was a bad bad game. Move on. There were 5-6 players who were abysmal today, Alves included. No need to make this game about Alves in particular.

Antimadridista1

Defensively he's been fount out many times this season. He just became a liability , and has lot a pace during the last seasons. He's not the same player.
But once again, we have a transfer ban and Douglas/Montoya to replace him.

I keep thinking that we should consider Bartra playing at his position, or even Adriano when Alba is fit.

Home of Barca Fans