Daniel Alves

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think some of the people don't understand that this is not about wanting Dani to stay or not.
So if the club doesn't give in to 3 year contract + massive salary (everything Dani demands) then Barca is to blame? That's Dinorah logic for you

So yeah, let them flirt with other clubs and all future presidential candidates some more.

Anyone wondered how'd they feel as an employer if your employee flirted with other firms and people who might take your job.

Classless.

Yeah his demands are ridiculous. We have to settle with montoya or maybe try 3 man defense.

11080695_1378565035517042_4208378819161481401_o.png

Icarium

Lifestealer
The problem is his wage demands, barca offering much lower than what he is getting right now. If alves thinks he can get the same salary for another 3 years then we better not renew him.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Damn i was hoping for a 2year contract. It seems fair like that for both parts. Dani gets paid and the club buys some time to find a suitable replacement. Now we might need to find one in the summer since the january window usally sucks. Unless we want to go for montaya as the first choice.

Any idea what club made a bid for Dani? I read PSG is out. It cant be Real Madrid. Chelsea just buyed cuadrado. I doubt its Bayern. Maybe United? Or maybe just a lie to push barca ?

One of them has to be United, the other one is probably City, some British sources say it's Liverpool.

Devils

3 months, maybe. But than, most wc RB's will be cup tied. Than, it takes some time to get going when thrown straight into Barca starting 11. Than, we have Montoya as first choice - think about that for a minute, and Douglas as backup.
Alves messes up once in a while, but all defenders do. What he offers us though will be very hard to replace, but we usually don't know what we had before it is gone.

We're not going to sign an established world class RB. There is very limited supply and none are realistically available.

It will most likely somewhat established player with potential to grow like Darmian.

Offering Dani 3 years of massive wages is insane when you consider that he will more than likely have a replacement for him a few months into next season.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
3 months, maybe. But than, most wc RB's will be cup tied. Than, it takes some time to get going when thrown straight into Barca starting 11. Than, we have Montoya as first choice - think about that for a minute, and Douglas as backup.
Alves messes up once in a while, but all defenders do. What he offers us though will be very hard to replace, but we usually don't know what we had before it is gone.

That's probably one of the reasons Barca is interested in Darmian from Torino, he most likely won't be cup tied

Jombi

That's probably one of the reasons Barca is interested in Darmian from Torino, he most likely won't be cup tied

Or because he isnt already playing in one of the richest clubs in the world, so he is available, unlike players from Chelsea, City, Bayern etc.

Last edited:

Devils

Does Darmian really have potential to grow? He will be 26 years old. Thats the same age as Sergio Busquets is today.

Hard to say, but with the miracle that our coaches have done with our defence this season, it gives me good hope.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
The people saying this are so incredibly spoiled that ANY player who isn't on the same level as 08-12 Alves (Yes, any player as good as current Alves would also still be called crap by these people) is automatically terrible and we're screwed because our RB isn't the best in our history. It's funny.

Montoya is, in all honesty, not even that bad. The problem is every little thing he does is compared to how Alves would do it and obviously, it's never as good. Playing Montoya against the Celta's and Malaga's of the world won't cause us to lose the league the way people seem to think. And considering how drastically Bravo improved from pre-season just because he got to play every Liga game since then, one could suggest Montoya might actually become a solid RB for us if given a decent run of games. Two in a row would be a good start.

I had high hopes for Montoya, I would love to see him play more, but Lucho sees him in training every day and he doesn't trust him, if Alves leaves, Adriano will play the same amount of minutes Alves now plays.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We're not going to sign an established world class RB. There is very limited supply and none are realistically available.

It will most likely somewhat established player with potential to grow like Darmian.

Offering Dani 3 years of massive wages is insane when you consider that he will more than likely have a replacement for him a few months into next season.

Well I also agree we shouldn't sign Alves for 3 years with the same wage he's on now, even the most of the most Alves fanboys should agree with that. Anyway, I want some more details before we judge him - but the display his agent is putting on is unpleasant to say the least. It gets very ugly sometimes when agents do their thing, but than again the clubs don't always act like angels.

Anyway, Darmian? I just don't know. I've seen him play a couple of times and he seems meh.

Zangash

Banned
I had high hopes for Montoya, I would love to see him play more, but Lucho sees him in training every day and he doesn't trust him, if Alves leaves, Adriano will play the same amount of minutes Alves now plays.

The coaches also sees Bartra play every day and at one point Song was backup CB in front of him.

Home of Barca Fans