Daniel Alves

namaria

just watching his instagram, and his prelast post has sense with this:https://instagram.com/p/26GKPNOH_l/
he posted article which said at the moment he is the best player in Europe on his position.
and quoted famous: "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Club did ignore him for too long, they waited last days for his renew, they were searching his substitute and now according to ban seems like they Had to ask him to stay a bit longer.
Dani gave so much to this club, he deserved to be treated better

Devils

Nah I still refuse to believe it until it's official, many thought that it's over after Dinohar's press conference, but it wasn't.

It's over man.

Barto had an interview recently and said that they offered him the best contract that they possibly could and was still unsure if Dani would accept or not.

We need :lucho: and :unzue: to turn Montoya into a beast over the summer.

Kohe321

How does it matter?

Two legends of the club announcing they are leaving on the same day can create some unecessary disruption of focus in the squad, as the players start getting hung up on the fact that their good friends and teammates will soon be leaving. Dani is very close with Neymar and Messi, and is well known as one of the players who acts as the social "glue" in the squad, so his importance is big off the pitch.

Xavi leaving is a different case. First of all, some of the players already knew, and most probably saw it coming. It's also completely fine that he announces it before the season is over as it allows him to take a proper farewell for our last league game, and it also works as a motivating effect on the group since everyone will want to give him a legendary send off. But this Dani news comes as a surprise for everyone, and when it comes on the same day as Xavi having a speech announcing his departure to the squad, which was enough for one day, it could create this feeling that the squad is falling apart in some players, which is obvisouly not good just before our finals.

I hope I'm wrong and that this doesn't affect Neymar and Messi too much, and that the tight-knit camaraderie and happiness in the squad continues.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
It's over man.

Barto had an interview recently and said that they offered him the best contract that they possibly could and was still unsure if Dani would accept or not.

We need :lucho: and :unzue: to turn Montoya into a beast over the summer.

If Montoya will be a starter, Rakitic will have a heart attack covering for him defensively...

JamDav1982

If he has turned down 2+1 then doesn't make much sense to offer him more than that at 32.

Huge wages and a long contract at 32 isn't best thing for club.

Best right back in world recently and legend but if he wants the long contract and wages he can go. The club have to try and think of future.

NotInHere

No, we'll sign someone in the summer and they will come in January. We should be more than capable of sustaining ourselves until then.

Dani and his agent's demands are outrageous. I'm glad we're not giving into them.
oh yeah true, we can still sign players. Transfer ban takes effect until 2016 right?

Kohe321

If he has turned down 2+1 then doesn't make much sense to offer him more than that at 32.

Huge wages and a long contract at 32 isn't best thing for club.

Best right back in world recently and legend but if he wants the long contract and wages he can go. The club have to try and think of future.

I agree with this, the 2+1 contract should be enough, and I'm a bit disappointed that he's going for one of the other offers instead of staying with Barca. His superb performances the last couple of months has definitely made him extremely sought after, as he has cemented himself yet again as the best RB in the world.

But it's his choice and I respect it, I only wish his timing was better. This should have been kept quiet until after the season in my opinion, unless such a thing would be impossible, at which point I guess we and the squad has to take it on the chin and continue on like before.

Last edited:

NotInHere

I agree with this, the 2+1 contract should be enough, and I'm a bit disappointed that he's going for one of the better offers and choses not to stay with Barca. His superb performances the last couple of months has definitely made him extremely sought after, as he has cemented himself yet again as the best RB in the world.

But it's his choice and I respect it, I only wish his timing was better. This should have been kept quiet until after the season in my opinion, unless such a thing would be impossible, at which point I guess we and the squad has to take it on the chin and continue on like before.
it wont effect the club chemistry wise, the players probably already knew he was leaving.

Devils

If Montoya will be a starter, Rakitic will have a heart attack covering for him defensively...

I'm not too sure.

Lucho and Unzue made a miracle of our defence this season, maybe they can do the same with Montoya for 3 months at least.

We're signing a RB this summer to come in January. It will happen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He wanted to give a press conference this week, but because of the title win celebrations + Xavi's presser, he decided to have it next week instead.

blaugrana1987

IMO neither Xavi nor Alves should have declared that they are leaving before CL final is played. This is too emotional and a bit unsettling to the team that should just be thinking about winning all 3 trophies. Don't like this one bit...

Home of Barca Fans