Daniel Alves

iniesta_8

What does he want more than playing for the best club in the world, winning titels an make really good money?

Playing for an oil-club an have some more bucks but no titels? Can't understand that sorry!

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I am sad to see him leave. He still had a lot to offer when you think about his form the past few months, but unfortunately for us, he decided to reject an otherwise reasonable offer from the club. He's a Barca legend and the best RB we've ever had IMO. Alves' importance in the club's greatest period in history can't be stressed enough. Him leaving will leave a huge void in our team. His eagerness to attack and impeccable defending (when he manages to track back) will be sorely missed and I really hope Messi won't suffer from it in his new role.

Our scouts better find a capable replacement.

Mido

I can't understand this nonsense in football about age. Age doesn't mean anything as long as it doesn't translate itself into a player's performances. Some players decline in their early 30's others in their late 30's...

Because of this nonsense we just lost Xavi and now Alves... come on ! You gotta be kidding me...

Devils

IMO neither Xavi nor Alves should have declared that they are leaving before CL final is played. This is too emotional and a bit unsettling to the team that should just be thinking about winning all 3 trophies. Don't like this one bit...

Well pretty much everyone knew Xavi's situation for the past year so it wasn't a shock. And he wanted to say his goodbye at the Camp Nou, which is completely understandable and respectable.

Dani is just being ridiculous though.

If the report is true then what he and his agent did was deceitful. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he and his agent were never even considering the 2+1 offer from Barca and just wanted the offer on the table so they could leverage more money from the other clubs interested in him.

Last edited:

Mido

I really hope Luis Enrique hasn't been stubborn in the Xavi/Alves cases... I am more than convinced that Xavi and Alves would still have been the same players until 2018. They would have probably lost speed but they would have gained even more experience. And you can't buy experience....

JamDav1982

I can't understand this nonsense in football about age. Age doesn't mean anything as long as it doesn't translate itself into a player's performances. Some players decline in their early 30's others in their late 30's...

Because of this nonsense we just lost Xavi and now Alves... come on ! You gotta be kidding me...

Xavi had definitely declined but club wanted to keep him, he chose to leave.

Alves playing really well but too big a risk to give a 32 yr old a long highly paid contract.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I really hope Luis Enrique hasn't been stubborn in the Xavi/Alves cases... I am more than convinced that Xavi and Alves would still have been the same players until 2018. They would have probably lost speed but they would have gained even more experience. And you can't buy experience....

The reason you got to see Xavi still at Barca this season is partly because of Lucho.

Mido

Xavi had definitely declined but club wanted to keep him, he chose to leave.

Alves playing really well but too big a risk to give a 32 yr old a long highly paid contract.

Technically he hasn't declined one bit. Maybe his speed, which , quite frankly, isn't that necessary for him, and stamina, but that's it. Experience and timing beat speed and stamina as long as you still have the brain and the technique. That's just my opinion and I made a golden rule out of it. Boxing is an excellent example of it.

Mido

The reason you got to see Xavi still at Barca this season is partly because of Lucho.

I would like to believe you but this still has to be proven. Contrary to Iniesta, Xavi has been very consistent and our best technician and tactician in the midfield.

Kohe321

He's also been pushing hard for the club to sign Alves a new contract so he could stay. Lucho has done what he could.

Sterlingfan2000

What does he want more than playing for the best club in the world, winning titels an make really good money?

Playing for an oil-club an have some more bucks but no titels? Can't understand that sorry!

well apparently the oils clubs give him 50% more money , dam money hungry players

Devils

I would like to believe you but this still has to be proven. Contrary to Iniesta, Xavi has been very consistent and our best technician and tactician in the midfield.

Xavi just said today that Lucho convinced him to stay for this season.

Home of Barca Fans