Daniel Alves

namaria

no worries!
barca-fichado-lateral-douglas-totalmente-desconocido-europa-1408987257778.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think 2+1 offer is fair. And if he says he can get 3 full seasons offers in other clubs then I don't see what's the problem for him. If those clubs trust him for 3 full seasons then he can easily stay at Barca for a season or two and still sign elsewhere in his 3rd year.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am gutted for him leaving, and I am angry at him for the bad timing. I have always liked him and I think he did give a lot to us, but man, this is not nice.

At the end of the day I guess it is money more than anything else for Alves. I understand where he is coming from but that doesn't stop me from being very disappointed in him.

If you want money, Dani, go after it. Best of luck.

Now we need to stop weeping and find his replacement.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Now, Dani, do the right thing and give your 100% in the two finals and then bid farewell.

Exactly my point, if he wants to leave OK, but I hope he doesn't go to his bad form now that he has shown enough to assure other offers!

I'll be even more disapointed if he does.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Exactly my point, if he wants to leave OK, but I hope he doesn't go to his bad form now that he has shown enough to assure other offers!

I'll be even more disapointed if he does.

For his own sake alone, he should do his best to impress his new employer and show us "See what you will be missing?"

Co0ter

Xavi hasn't looked the same player for Barcelona in past two seasons or for Spain. Its not Luchos system, time has caught up with him and the worst thing for Lucho to do would be to try and change his whole system to protect a declining player.

Xavi in no way has been treated badly by anyone.

Yes, on point.

Catalan Fan

Ok, I'll ask again... is he definitely leaving, or are we just all speculating at this point ?

Am hoping he stays personally, and it's just a matter of securing a good deal for himself.

EDIT; why is Xavi being mentioned in the Alves thread ? lol

Last edited:
B

Batman

for once we can't blame the board for this. They gave him a fair contract but Alves and his agent are just too greedy.

Also he was pretty average for the past 2-3 seasons and only improved the past 3-4 months just so he can sell himself better and get more favorable contract. Where were is he for the past 3 seasons? His motivation is solely based on money. If he cares about the club he would've been reasonable and not holding us hostage because he is getting better contract somewhere else just because those clubs won't pay Barcelona anything as he is free agent and because of transfer ban.

The timing is also bad. No need for this drama when we have two very important titles to fight for.

Home of Barca Fans