Daniel Alves

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
There is no "good guy" and there is no "bad guy."

That's not how this works. Both sides are going to work to benefit themselves.

In the end, Dani is as good as gone. The ship has sailed.

serghei

I didn't say otherwise?

The board clearly recognizes it too. Which is why they started entertaining the idea of renewing him

Very late, after they insulted him and treated him like he meant nothing for Barca. Alves has been a top 3 RB since 2008 until now. 2013 and 2014 were pretty weak years for Barca as a whole (1 title in 2 years), of course his form dropped.

F

Flavia

Yup he is behaving like a child now, trying to teach Barto (and Zubi) a lesson, holding a grudge. And then this:

Alves: "The president knows what he has to do for me to stay. We'll see if he does it." I bet he wants Barto to apologize and beg on his knees to stay.

Like a child? No, he's just pissed off, and with good reason. This board is bad, we all know it. Do you think the players don't know it too?
They know better than us. They live it everyday.

F

Flavia

Or Dani is lying. Both are possible.

That or Dani's agent is being unscrupulous.

No, I doubt he's lying. He's been a around long enough time. He's like that. He says things, but he's not a liar. Unlike this board.

JamDav1982

Very late, after they insulted him and treated him like he meant nothing for Barca. Alves has been a top 3 RB since 2008 until now. 2013 and 2014 were pretty weak years for Barca as a whole, of course his form dropped.

They didnt insult him or treat him like he means nothing to Barca.

All they did was not offer him a new contract last summer with it still an open issue.

For players of Alves age in the position he play it is a common way to approach things.

JamDav1982

No, I doubt he's lying. He's been a around long enough time. He's like that. He says things, but he's not a liar. Unlike this board.

How have the board lied to Alves?

Alves has not even said that. I would bet anything he is unhappy at not being offered a contract last summer and club actively looking to take in a RB.

Stric

Xavi, Valdes and others handled this with dignity. Yes, even Valdes, when you compare him to this. If you think it's time to go, if you don't like it here, or any other reason, you man up an announce that you're leaving, and there's no further negotiation. Alves, on the other hand, is a twat. He knows that he has it better here than he would anywhere else, so he won't announce that he's leaving, but he'll hold a press conference to say that the club is disrespecting him or whatever and try to push for a better deal. He has sunk lower than any line of reasonable and dignified communication. Oh, and don't even get me started on the "respect" he's talking about. You're a 32-year-old RB who's been playing like shit for several seasons, yet you feel disrespected if the club looks for a new RB? What kind of an arrogant egomaniac thinks that way?

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Like a child? No, he's just pissed off, and with good reason. This board is bad, we all know it. Do you think the players don't know it too?
They know better than us. They live it everyday.

So why he isn't making a decision, why he is not taking other "better" options, it's just about revenge, making pressers just to say that "they don't respect me". He'll probably do the same after the final as well.

namaria

There is no "good guy" and there is no "bad guy."

That's not how this works. Both sides are going to work to benefit themselves.

In the end, Dani is as good as gone. The ship has sailed.
i dont believe this directive a word, on other side even people who are now angry at Dani, have to admit, he is brutal honest person.
He even wanted to drop his career once to save Abidal, for him money was never important -_-

now it seems how he was our worst player, last year whole team looked like that, many things happened as well.
well for those who want him to go, i am sure he will do his best in his last two matches for Barcelona. i wanted him to stay, but after today, i dont have anymore hope he will.

F

Flavia

Xavi, Valdes and others handled this with dignity. Yes, even Valdes, when you compare him to this. If you think it's time to go, if you don't like it here, or any other reason, you man up an announce that you're leaving, and there's no further negotiation. Alves, on the other hand, is a twat. He knows that he has it better here than he would anywhere else, so he won't announce that he's leaving, but he'll hold a press conference to say that the club is disrespecting him or whatever and try to push for a better deal. He has sunk lower than any line of reasonable and dignified communication. Oh, and don't even get me started on the "respect" he's talking about. You're a 32-year-old RB who's been playing like shit for several seasons, yet you feel disrespected if the club looks for a new RB? What kind of an arrogant egomaniac thinks that way?

Wtf... I know you don't like him, but... Did you watch his presser? He hold this presser to clarify the lies going on, like the one that said the board met his demands and he refused to sign. He didn't sink lower or did anything you're accusing him of.

JamDav1982

Yes, they did. But for your this board do no wrong, ever.

No they didnt all they did was not offer him a new contract last summer, which is common in a player approaching his age.

The board are not there to keep players happy they are there to do what is best for the club.

The hypocrisy on here knows no ends when it comes to keeping players happy.

On other players like Thiago he board should have played him in meaningless games so they get more money for him or keep him against his will. Or Villa the club were wrong for letting him choose Atletico for less money than he could have gone to England for.

When the club has acted in a way to give a player more freedom people moan anyway. Cant win.

namaria

Valdes wanted to go, it was his decisi0on -__- same for Xavi.
on the other side Dani was never talking he wants to leave his club..he didnt get renew of his contract until last few months, thats not even same situation.. he wasnt even in his plans.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans