Daniel Alves

Stric

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe he wasn't offered an extension until recently because he didn't merit one, not for a second?

Devils

What a stupid press conference.

He can't get what he wants so he's decides to take the negotiations public to the press. Alves is being a moron regardless of how negotiations went on behind doors. He and his scumbag agent can get out.

serghei

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe he wasn't offered an extension until recently because he didn't merit one, not for a second?

Yes, it did. Because this board is fucking retarded. Just because some people occupy high positions in world football, doesn't mean they are competent. 50.000 professional footballers voted Alves the best or 2nd best RB in world football in the last 8 years. Let that sink in.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

No they didnt all they did was not offer him a new contract last summer, which is common in a player approaching his age.

The board are not there to keep players happy they are there to do what is best for the club

I'm not seeing them do that. Point here is not Alves happiness, anyway. If they didn't want to renew him, fine. Should had brought a replacement already, then.

Neymessi

Just saw a flood of posts in this thread and read what he said on google.Someone please tell me what his purpose was to call this press conference?

JamDav1982

What a stupid press conference.

He can't get what he wants so he's decides to take the negotiations public to the press. Alves is being a moron regardless of how negotiations went on behind doors. He and his scumbag agent can get out.

To be fair Alves has come out to try and quash the press rumours about his contract situation and just saying nothing will be decided before end of season.

Both Alves and the club are treating this contract situation in a typical way for a player of his age.

Seen this situation of player in thirties feeling put out by club looking at alternatives or not offering them new long contract. Happens all the time.

Both Alves and club looking after their own interest and not as black and white of either side being totally in the wrong.

JamDav1982

I'm not seeing them do that. Point here is not Alves happiness, anyway. If they didn't want to renew him, fine. Should had brought a replacement already, then.

Flavia do you not think there is a third option in assessing Alves performances and if of a good enough standard offer him a new contract?

Not so straightforward as to sell him last summer or bring in a replacement. Doesnt have to be that clear cut.

Not sure how bringing in a replacement last summer shows any more respect for Alves than letting him prove he is worthy of new contract and can stay.

Interlop

I have the same opinion as before and Alves' press conference reinforced it. It is similar tp how Yaya Toure got mad because the club (Man City) did not respect him or something, and forgot about his birthday. But here is more serious, Alves is a club legend and the board treated him like sh*t. It's not about the money, it's about how they handled his contract negotiations.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Long story , short : this is what he said in his press conference today

"While I'm wearing this shirt, nothing will change. I'll announce my decision after 7th June. For now, my future is about enjoying the two finals"

"I'm not thinking about money, I'm thinking about what I do being valued. If they don't value what I do, then this club is not for me. The club doesn't value me the way I feel I deserve".

One month ago this has been said by his agent:

Santana said the Brazil international did not agree to the new deal, which placed as a condition that Alves must play 60 percent of all matches.
"The negotiations are over," she said. "If they say this is the final offer, then they are over," Santana said. "It doesn't make sense. It's very hard that we get to April and Barcelona haven't thought about renewing Dani's contract. Dani is sad.

"Dani will see out his contract at Barcelona in the best possible manner."

Santana said Alves -- who has been heavily linked with Paris Saint-Germain -- has another offer on the table for three years with an option to renew plus a signing bonus.

All the things that has been said in between these two timeframes , were just rumours from different spanish medias. I'm not sure why he feels disrespected : Is it because they started negotiating a contract renewal so late (which is understandble because he was quite mediocre in the beginning of the season) , or is it because he has to play 60 percent of all the matches ? Let's just see how see this unfolds and hope he puts out 2 excellent performances in both finals.

Alen

This circus is starting to annoy me. Yes we have a criminally incompetent board, but until 3 months ago, they were making the right choice with Alves. He was bad, very bad, and didn't deserve a new contract. On the other hand, i like how far he's willing to go to stay here. It's way better than just deciding to leave and not giving a fuck (Valdes).

JamDav1982

I have the same opinion as before and Alves' press conference reinforced it. It is similar tp how Yaya Toure got mad because the club (Man City) did not respect him or something, and forgot about his birthday. But here is more serious, Alves is a club legend and the board treated him like sh*t. It's not about the money, it's about how they handled his contract negotiations.

How should they have handeled it?

If it is all about respect then why does he say 'the President knows what to do'?

Which to me suggests he thinks he deserves a certain contract length or wage.

Neymessi

Why is alves angry at not getting a renewal before but later when the transfer ban came in.He cannot play till 60,the time has to come sometime.But he was needed when the ban came up.He should understand that.

JamDav1982

This circus is starting to annoy me. Yes we have a criminally incompetent board, but until 3 months ago, they were making the right choice with Alves. He was bad, very bad, and didn't deserve a new contract. On the other hand, i like how far he's willing to go to stay here. It's way better than just deciding to leave and not giving a fuck (Valdes).

Valdes is a Barca legend and didnt screw anyone over or leave in a bad way.

He had his own personal reasons for leaving which he says were about pressure of being Barca no.1 and wanting to experience new things although other rumours put it as being financial decision.

Not every time a player leaves Barca is the club or the player at fault or deserve for people to try to find alterior motives to things.

Home of Barca Fans