Daniel Alves

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
This circus is starting to annoy me. Yes we have a criminally incompetent board, but until 3 months ago, they were making the right choice with Alves. He was bad, very bad, and didn't deserve a new contract. On the other hand, i like how far he's willing to go to stay here. It's way better than just deciding to leave and not giving a fuck (Valdes).

Exactly I guess the board should have given him a 3 year extension after WC, when he was benched by Maicon:VdB:

sailor

Based on his last year's performance (which was down), the board wanted a replacement and there is no disrespect when the club think of its interest. feeling the threat, Dani Alves worked hard to get back to his usual level and convinced the board to renew him for the coming seasons. Alves is making a big fuss out of the "bullshit" that has been said about him by/in the media.As far as I know, no one from board made a misplaced declaration about him, it's all "footix" journalism, nothing more. Now if Alves needs some affection he may gets it from Al Khelaifi, but there won't be any Messi to play one two's with !

namaria

Valdes is a Barca legend and didnt screw anyone over or leave in a bad way.

He had his own personal reasons for leaving which he says were about pressure of being Barca no.1 and wanting to experience new things although other rumours put it as being financial decision.

hehe now i am wondering how would you talk, if we didnt buy new GKs who played very good role this season ;) and directive bought some douglasGK.

Stric

It seems to me that Alves himself is unaware of how bad he actually was in the past few seasons. It could be a result of not getting benched, which is only because we don't have a superior replacement. And that unawareness seems to be the thing causing all this fuss. If he knew for a second just how bad he'd been for such a long time, he would never dare say anything about how he doesn't feel valued.

JamDav1982

hehe now i am wondering how would you talk, if we didnt buy new GKs who played very good role this season ;) and directive bought some douglasGK.

It wouldnt change my opinion on Valdes or why he left at all.

Who the board replace Valdes with has nothing to do with him.

mazp

Damn. I kinda figured his press conference would go this route. lol. Remember when he said if we had won La Liga last season, that it would have been an injustice.. He's not one to hold back and tells it as it is. For that I respect. Just, as usual shitty timing. Can't all these farewell, goodbyes happen after the CL finals? seriously.. Same with Xavi. Their just distractions.

Alen

Valdes is a Barca legend and didnt screw anyone over or leave in a bad way.

He had his own personal reasons for leaving which he says were about pressure of being Barca no.1 and wanting to experience new things although other rumours put it as being financial decision.

Not every time a player leaves Barca is the club or the player at fault or deserve for people to try to find alterior motives to things.

I don't care about ulterior motives because i could also easily say he wanted that last big contract. He was a pillar of our team and we needed him, no one pushed him out yet he decided to leave. Alves is acting like a spoiled little kid but he's doing everything to get what he wants, so he can stay.

JamDav1982

I don't care about ulterior motives because i could also easily say he wanted that last big contract. He was a pillar of our team and we needed him, no one pushed him out yet he decided to leave. Alves is acting like a spoiled little kid but he's doing everything to get what he wants, so he can stay.

Well I disagree, players that have done everything they can for the club like Valdes can have the freedom to leave the club if they want without getting statements like 'fuck Valdes'.

mark1nhu

Lucho was actually the one supporting Dani's renewal.

I highly doubt the board would get so far trying to renew with him if not for Lucho wish.

Lucho DEFINITELY mind Dani's departure.

And you are being short-sighted, in my honest opinion, no disrespect intended, if you are looking this situation as a matter of money only.

Of course money is a major factor (always will be), but there are other things running around.

Dani always was pissed about the way Abidal was treated.

No surprise he is now pissed about his treatment (yes, board was totally inept managing this situation).

You nailed it buddy!

Alen

Well I disagree, players that have done everything they can for the club like Valdes can have the freedom to leave the club if they want without getting statements like 'fuck Valdes'.

Valdes left at his prime, arguably. He's not Xavi, nor Puyol. He said i'm done here, i want to play somewhere else and win (and/or make money). I respect and love him for all that he did with us, but i ultimately support FC Barcelona, not Valdes or Alves or Messi. He could have royally fucked us if the GK situation hadn't turned out so well. Valdes left and that's it, Alves doesn't want to leave and he's doing every possible (albeit stupid) thing to stay. I like that more.

Home of Barca Fans