Daniel Alves

khaled_a_d

Well I disagree, players that have done everything they can for the club like Valdes can have the freedom to leave the club if they want without getting statements like 'fuck Valdes'.

Well,may be if he waited for the summer to announce his decision rather than letting his agent saying in the middle of the season which caused a lot of media havoc and conspiracy theories I would have accepted it in a better way .
I don't like the way VV handled the situation tbh

JamDav1982

Well,may be if he waited for the summer to announce his decision rather than letting his agent saying in the middle of the season which caused a lot of media havoc and conspiracy theories I would have accepted it in a better way .
I don't like the way VV handled the situation tbh

Valdes told the club a year and a half early he was going again probably just to sort out all the speculation that was going around at time.

The club went on to win league with record total so dont think it proved any great distraction and gave them more time to look for a successor.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Read his press conference. He sounds too cocky and despite denying, it is about money.
I won't be rude so I'll just say: Thank you Dani and goodbye.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I understand Alves' position because he was afterall told his contract won't be renewed and the club even wanted to sell him in summer, but then they messed up in getting a RB signing and Alves improved throughout the season so now they want him to stay, but the timing is just bad to say the least.

F

Flavia

Something I'll never understand is why people are annoyed because he wants to stay. He's showing commitment to the team and criticizing the board, who deserve it.
The board have been leaking stories to the catalan press, he got annoyed and decided to defend himself. The players read the papers, they talk to each other, and know what's going on.
It's really impressive how many things get overlooked when one wants to hate on a player.

JamDav1982

Something I'll never understand is why people are annoyed because he wants to stay. He's showing commitment to the team and criticizing the board, who deserve it.
The board have been leaking stories to the catalan press, he got annoyed and decided to defend himself. The players read the papers, they talk to each other, and know what's going on.
It's really impressive how many things get overlooked when one wants to hate on a player.

You have no idea who has been leaking stories at all. If anyone has.

If anything this is just being used as another attempt to attack the board and you are starting to state as fact that they are leaking stories etc to suit that.

Gaudi

So what was that all about? Sorry but fuck off Dani! So it's not about money it's about some unnamed board actions, he can't and won't tell them pubilcly but he has a press conference? So how does someone measure that? Should fans clap him more, cheer him more?
But it's not about the money.

F

Flavia

You have no idea who has been leaking stories at all. If anyone has.

If anything this is just being used as another attempt to attack the board and you are starting to state as fact that they are leaking stories etc to suit that.

Hahaha, really, jamdav? That's naive from you. md is the board's paper. everytime sport publish some bs, md go and correct them.
They're not the 1st board to use this subterfuge, btw. It's always been done.

JamDav1982

Hahaha, really, jamdav? That's naive from you. md is the board's paper. everytime sport publish some bs, md go and correct them.
They're not the 1st board to use this subterfuge, btw. It's always been done.

No MD have the closest links to the board but I dont believe they only print stories that come from there or that the board control their narrative.

Flavia - how should the board have handelled the Alves contract situation from last summer til now?

F

Flavia

No MD have the closest links to the board but I dont believe they only print stories that come from there or that the board control their narrative.

Flavia - how should the board have handelled the Alves contract situation from last summer til now?

Publishing leaked stuff has nothing to do with control. Pretty much like flo controls madrid media, is naive to think Barça presidents don't do the same with some catalan papers, because they do. Laporta did it too.

How? Easy, jam. They thought his cycle with Barça was complete. So they should had told him they wouldn't renew him, and that this was his last season with Barça. So he could choose if he wanted to stay another year, or leave. Then, they should had signed his successor last summer too(danilo, darmian, aleix vidal, whoever).

JamDav1982

Publishing leaked stuff has nothing to do with control. Pretty much like flo controls madrid media, is naive to think Barça presidents don't do the same with some catalan papers, because they do. Laporta did it too.

How? Easy, jam. They thought his cycle with Barça was complete. So they should had told him they wouldn't renew him, and that this was his last season with Barça. So he could choose if he wanted to stay another year, or leave. Then, they should had signed his successor last summer too(danilo, darmian, aleix vidal, whoever).

You think Alves would want to stay knowing there was no way he was to be offered a new contract regardless of how he played that season?

Alves would not have stayed and played alongside his replacement in a years time he would have demanded to leave almost certainly.

So in that circumstances all you have is a pissed of Alves leaving the club early when he had much more to give as has been proven this season.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If they told him it was his last season he wouldn't have tried at all. They did sign his successor, douglas (that was a poor decision but still a right back).

Alves is a legend and has been insanely good for us. He's also been a drag in the past seasons, and people all over the forum have been moaning for years about the lack of quality RBs in the world with an eye on replacing him.

If the board lied about their 2+1 offer (an offer they forced themselves into and that dani doesn't objectively deserve) , then considering dani clearly doesn't give a damn anymore, i'd expect him to have clearly said it. As in : "they told you they offered me 2+1. A lie."
Now he's just giving a warning shot that he's gonna leave, i don't know why. As a negotiation tactic this seems desperate. Good luck to him saying it's not about the money when he signs with psg or Manu with a 10 mil signing bonus and 10 mil salary...

No one is denying how much success Alves brought us or that he loves fcb, and besides maybe jamdav, no one likes the board either.
It's not easy to criticize him but dani lacks perspective big time in my opinion.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans