Daniel Alves

F

Flavia

You think Alves would want to stay knowing there was no way he was to be offered a new contract regardless of how he played that season?

Alves would not have stayed and played alongside his replacement in a years time he would have demanded to leave almost certainly.

So in that circumstances all you have is a pissed of Alves leaving the club early when he had much more to give as has been proven this season.

That doesn't matter. It was the right thing to do, when they think his cycle ended. If he wanted he could also stay and prove his worth, and get a deal on january with another club. But what they did was worse. They waited until April to start any kind of negotiations with him. And we don't know how they were conducted, but with all that's happening, it's clear it wasn't properly done.

Enrique wants Alves to stay. He is his preferred rb for a good reason, he's the best we have. Alves is pissed because of something. And he's not beyond good and evil, but taking into consideration everything this board has done(including Faus talking shit about Messi, and promising to renew Abidal, then backing down), I believe Alves.

If they told him it was his last season he wouldn't have tried at all. They did sign his successor, douglas (that was a poor decision but still a right back).

Douglas is not even Palencia's successor in Barça B. They did not sign a replacement for Alves. And if he leaves, Enrique will have to change the way the team plays again.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Dani Alves just came from a quite mediocre season with tata and a WC he would rather forget. So the obvious thing to do was not to renew his contract and which the board didn't . What you can blame the board though is not finding a suitable replacement for Dani Alves , instead they bought Doulgas who no one heard of. Anyway , He has been a true joy to watch these last months , beautiful link up play with his teammates , good pressing and he was even defending well. Reminded me of the first 4 years he was with Barca. Wish him all the luck wherever he goes.

JamDav1982

That doesn't matter. It was the right thing to do, when they think his cycle ended. If he wanted he could also stay and prove his worth, and get a deal on january with another club. But what they did was worse. They waited until April to start any kind of negotiations with him. And we don't know how they were conducted, but with all that's happening, it's clear it wasn't properly done.

Enrique wants Alves to stay. He is his preferred rb for a good reason, he's the best we have. Alves is pissed because of something. And he's not beyond good and evil, but taking into consideration everything this board has done(including Faus talking shit about Messi, and promising to renew Abidal, then backing down), I believe Alves.

Douglas is not even Palencia's successor in Barça B. They did not sign a replacement for Alves. And if he leaves, Enrique will have to change the way the team plays again.

If they had told Alves last summer he would not be getting renewed in 2015 and given him option to leave he would have gone.

So Enrique wanting him to stay etc all dissappears, in your scenario he is most likely to leave and feel he has been replaced as they have already taken in his successor.

Telling him last summer there was no chance of renewal and letting him decide whether to stay or go while signing his successor is about the worst thing they could have done FOR THE CLUB.

serghei

Yeah, me too.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Also Lucho wanted Cuadrado/marquinhos for right back, but that fell through. So Zubi decided to buy douglas.

dakt

Not sure what the whole messi is about, but I would like him to stay for 2 more seasons. We don't have any alternative at the moment and probably will not have until next summer.
I like Alves and I believe he'll continue with his latest form in the next season.

:alveshat:

jamrock

All the dude is simply saying is that he did not feel valued, Its like this, when you are at a Job for 6/7 years and you know all you have contributed while at your best, you except a bit of lay way to be given to you, even if you did not preform 100% for x time, their are certain players at Barcelona, who have contributed so much to the club, Dani being one of them, that even if they have a bad season, which I am sure he is aware off, they except not to just be treated like another player.

And one cannot fault him for demanding a bit of respect, how many players played up to there optimal over the past season or 2? Not many, because the system was broken, the players know this.

He is basically saying look over bthose two years where we all suffered, look at my body of work and allow me to finish my career at Barcelona on my terms, I deserve that much.

F

Flavia

If they had told Alves last summer he would not be getting renewed in 2015 and given him option to leave he would have gone.

So Enrique wanting him to stay etc all dissappears, in your scenario he is most likely to leave and feel he has been replaced as they have already taken in his successor.

Telling him last summer there was no chance of renewal and letting him decide whether to stay or go while signing his successor is about the worst thing they could have done FOR THE CLUB.

No, the worst thing is to play 4 months with douglas and montoya, and get a rb mid season. And your statement is pure hindsight. A new capable rb could also had done very well, as Bravo, MAtS, Rakitic and Suarez did. No way to know what would had happened. The best thing for the club, now, is to renew Alves. And this board is only worsening the mess they made.

serghei

All the dude is simply saying is that he did not feel valued, Its like this, when you are at a Job for 6/7 years and you know all you have contributed while at your best, you except a bit of lay way to be given to you, even if you did not preform 100% for x time, their are certain players at Barcelona, who have contributed so much to the club, Dani being one of them, that even if they have a bad season, which I am sure he is aware off, they except not to just be treated like another player.

And one cannot fault him for demanding a bit of respect, how many players played up to there optimal over the past season or 2? Not many, because the system was broken, the players know this.

He is basically saying look over bthose two years where we all suffered, look at my body of work and allow me to finish my career at Barcelona on my terms, I deserve that much.

Not enough like buttons for this post. It's exactly how it is.

JamDav1982

Sadly for him it doesnt work like that and the club have to look after their own interests as well.

He is more saying 'look what I have done for the club now give me the money and years I deserve'. For a player of 32 in a physically demanding position the club have to weigh up whether that makes sense.

serghei

Sadly for him it doesnt work like that and the club have to look after their own interests as well.

He is more saying 'look what I have done for the club now give me the money and years I deserve'. For a player of 32 in a physically demanding position the club have to weigh up whether that makes sense.

It's exactly how it should work. You all say fuck Qatar, but bussiness wise, Qatar brings money. It's either we view the club as a corporation, or we view it as something more, sort of a family.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It's exactly how it should work. You all say fuck Qatar, but bussiness wise, Quatar brings money. It's either we view the club as a corporation, or we view it as something more, sort of a family.

No it isnt how it should work at all and if it did the club would be fucked.

You cant have players on big wages and long term contracts for sentimental reasons or club would go down hill rapidly.

Am I alone in thinking dani started declining sharply (from an insane level of play) starting somewhere in 11-12? that's over three years, by far and away the sharpest decline in our team. He's been on and off, overall barely good enough for many seasons in my opinion. We were lucky to have alves but he's our weakest link in the strongest team in the world atm, and the board is about to gtfo like zubi did, so why leave eh.

serghei

No it isnt how it should work at all and if it did the club would be fucked.

You cant have players on big wages and long term contracts for sentimental reasons or club would go down hill rapidly.

Not for sentimental reasons only. His performances have been top notch this year. And he's 32. Not 38. Evra is playing a CL final at 34 or 35 and he's been playing great.

Home of Barca Fans