Daniel Alves

serghei

I have argued for Alves for years and dont think the position people are is to let him go other than if his wage demands and contract length is unreasonable.

There will always be replacements for players and plenty of names have been given on here.

I know. Montoya's name came up many times. Until Canales erased him from the candidates list for good. Finding a replacement for Alves is almost an impossible task right now. If you buy a player now, you have to integrate him step by step. It takes time. You can't buy a player in the winter of 2016 and expect him to perform amazing 2 months after, in the CL last 16 for example.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Clubs are not obligated to renew players and accept all their wishes and demands.

But clubs, specially Barcelona, are indeed obligate to act with ethics and transparency.

That's a business rule and I really don't need to argue where Barcelona need to stay on the ethics and transparency matrix.

If Barcelona board have did that, we would by now see Dani leaving the club in pure passion and love, just wanting to win the treble and cement his already cemented name on Barcelona history.

But no, here we are...

How could they have acted with 'ethics and transparency'?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think Dani got a little greedy and that's not to say the directives aren't to blame either...

Either way, that press conference was the most stupid thing he could have done when we are still in competition, and behavior like this piles on top of his decline as a football player...

mark1nhu

Valdes wanted to leave, and him and Alves are not on the same bracket as cesc, song or sanchez... They're both Barça legends, the others are not.

Not to mention that football market has at this moment a lack of stabilished replacements for Alves.

Not the same situation of mentioned players. Maybe a little close to Valdes and just that.

JamDav1982

I know. Montoya's name came up many times. Until Canales erased him from the candidates list for good. Finding a replacement for Alves is almost an impossible task right now. If you buy a player now, you have to integrate him step by step. It takes time. You can't buy a player in the winter of 2016 and expect him to perform amazing 2 months after, in the CL last 16 for example.

Say Alves wanted 200k for 3 years would you give him it?

Bertus

So no Alves to PSG in the end?

Good news.

Still VdW will be sold it seems. He complained yesterday that the club doesn't want to renew him and that it is sad.

I would like to be able to say "sorry Greg, you did well here, hope you will join a good club!"

But... I just feel like saying "GTFO Greg, and thanks for nothing".

JamDav1982

Flavia already said it to you.

By saying to Alves 'we wont renew your conract in a years time 100% no chance and we are signing your replacement...it is your choice to stay or go'

In all honesty that sounds like just about the worst way to treat Alves that would have seen him leave the club when had so much more to give. It is only because they didnt tdo that he is still here and have a chance of having him next season.

As for leaking of contract negotiations there is a hundred places that could have come from, happens under every Barca board to every Barca player and almost every big name player world wide. Alves needs to suck it up.

Home of Barca Fans