Daniel Alves

JamDav1982

We should. And since it's a bussiness, we should rename the stadium Qamp Nou.

Should they get rid of the Nike swooshes that have been dripping of the Camp Nou for years and from the strips?

How far back you want to strip the idea of it not being run as a business?

serghei

There is no room for sentimentality when it comes to player/coaching staff. The stadium is something else completely.

Again, the sentimental part is not the key. His performances this year and his personality inside the team are. The fact that he is a Barca legend should only add to those 2 things.

mark1nhu

No chance whatsoever Alves stays if they signed a replacement last summer and told him there would be no contract renewal in 2015.

Nowhere have i said being 'open and transparent' is not best thing to do but leaving your options open on a player is better than giving him an ultimatum in 2014 when he would have left.

Who are talking about a ultimatum?

I'm sorry, but you clearly have not the same concept of me to ethic, honesty and transparency.

As I said, a talented and competent businessman would do much better than what we actually did.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Again, the sentimental part is not the key. His performances this year and his personality inside the team are. The fact that he is a Barca legend should only add to those 2 things.

Well if we are talking about this years performances, so we also should take into account that he was awful at the start of the season and remember how much work Rakitic had to do covering for him, when he continue do decline, Rakitic will have even more work.

JamDav1982

Who are talking about a ultimatum?

I'm sorry, but you clearly have not the same concept of me to ethic, honesty and transparency.

As I said, a talented and competent businessman would do much better than what we actually did.

When do you think they were dishonest with him though? Thats what I dont get.

Can ask you again what they should have done and all you will point to is Flavias hypothetical situation which assumes - 1. They were never ever going to offer him a new contract and 2. A successor had been signed.

serghei

Well if we are talking about this years performances, so we also should take into account that he was awful at the start of the season and remember how much work Rakitic had to do covering for him, when he continue do decline, Rakitic will have even more work.

You mean the first part of the season when RM could have score 5 goals vs us in Bernabeu? Lucho and the team fixed the things that didn't work in the 1st half of the season and THE TEAM started playing better afterwards. Players play worse when things don't work collectively.

namaria

all Dani fault? not anymore rotation?

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
You mean the first part of the season when RM could have score 5 goals vs us in Bernabeu? Lucho and the team fixed the things that didn't work in the 1st half of the season and THE TEAM started playing better afterwards. Players play worse when things don't work collectively.

It wasn't just the team, he showed the signs of declining and laziness and it was consistent with his performance in WC, do seriously believe he'll continue his current form for 3 years?

JamDav1982

Alves was playing in a different position back then.

He was the width in the team and more or less part of an attacking five more than a full back.

Now he starts more central with Messi wider getting involved more in the build up play and winning back ball early in midfield which he excels at.

Rakitic covering him was due to way he was being asked to play not because he was some old guy that couldnt run anymore.

namaria

Before everything got serious, Alves started off by joking with the press. “I missed you, it is an honor to play the Copa final again, knowing what it costs to get there,” he joked as this was obviously not the reason behind calling the conference.

He was first asked the obvious question on his future at the club, his answer was that the decision will be made after the Champions league final. “It’s an unknown secret. There are still many good things to do. Out of respect to all the people that love me, I am only thinking about fighting the two finals. I will fight like always. Hopefully we will be able to make history again at this club. After that, I will communicate my decision. I don’t want to speak of my future now. I have several options that I am contemplating, but the decision will be made after the Champions League final,” he clarified.

“I endured a lot of stupidity, a lot of bulls***. They have disrespected me. I have endured enough,” he declared in what seemed to be with regard to his relation with the board. “I have come out and defended myself in the face of a lot of stupidity that was uttered. I am not thinking about the money, but about them valuing all that I do. I will not accept or pardon the belittling of all that I’ve done for this shirt.”

“I will respect my contract [complete it], what comes after that is an unknown. I am only thinking about how good it feels to be a champion.” he highlighted.

“No, no they have not valued me the way I want to be valued. Right now, I am 200% with the team, with regard to the club I don’t think it’s even 10 percent,” said the Brazilian fullback, drawing a clear line between the team that is FC Barcelona and the state of the club and its board right now. “What I have done in this club, nobody else in my position has done. If they don’t respect me here, I will find another place where they do.”

“It is [also] not an issue of years. I believe in my professionalism. That’s another issue. What I have to say, I say to the president. I am not blackmailing the club. My situation right now is like on the 30th of June of last year,” he pointed out with regards to the club ignoring the chance to make clear their intentions for his future. “The club did not want me to continue. Only for three or four months they’ve wanted me to, because my performance has improved, they say.”

“Unfortunately in this club, when there are no wins, there is a need to blame someone and sadly I am the one many times. But it doesn’t affect me,” he said as he sent yet another shot at both the press and the board.

He then commented on whether he has spoken to other people in the team about his future. “I have not spoken to Luis Enrique about my future. He has enough with his own things to carry my problem as well. A little less than a month has passed since I spoke to the president. But I will not reveal the conversation out of respect. I am trying to understand why the club does not value me. I am a difficult, sincere and transparent person. They can take it or leave it. But this is unacceptable.” He further discussed speaking with Lucho and Lionel Messi on his situation: “I don’t want them to feel responsible [to ask for my renewal] or for their words to influence the people concerned.”

Jokingly he commented, “The coach doesn’t play me because I’m good looking, even though I am, he does because I work a lot.”

He was also asked on whether the presence of a sporting director would have made a difference, to which he answered: “I do not think the figure of a sporting director would have made the situation any better. I have been like this for a year and before, there was one.”

He continued his very justified rant by saying: “I have earned enough merit to stay at this club. If the club don’t understand this by the 30th of June I still remain friendly and grateful because that is one of the principal characteristics of my personality. I have felt a lack of respect from the club, I will not reveal things here.”

He was then asked about Xavi leaving and his farewell. “It was weird. Someone as historic as Xavi has to stay at the club forever, but his decision is respected. He will keep on being an idol and he will be missed,” he said.

“They value me more outside Barça, it’s not even worth comparing,” Alves said as the rant resumed. “I know the club didn’t want to renew me six months ago, until they found out about the FIFA decision. If they don’t give me that value… I never thought I was irreplaceable at this club, nobody is. Even less myself. I live football more than the biggest culer. I can’t live in any other way.”

“People think this was emotional blackmail and that is not true. Angry? more like hurt,” as he was asked again about his feelings towards the treatment.

After saying that an election candidate had spoken to him, he clarified that he doesn’t think he’ll “wait till the elections to decide about my life. I will wait till the Champions League final.” He then addressed the topic of the final, saying, “We have to be very careful. Juve are a very well worked team. They eliminated the European champions and that adds a lot of weight to it. People think Barça will be champions without too much fuss. Luckily, we don’t think that [way].”

He concluded by clearing up again. “At this rate, I discard continuing at Barça; later even less. The president already knows what he has to do for me to stay. If he does it, good. If he doesn’t, well, not good. I repeat, both feet are inside with the team, and one foot, a body and a head are almost outside the club,” again drawing distinctions between the team and the club.
http://www.totalbarca.com

Stric

Of course it's about money. "Respect" is an abstract term that cannot be given to him in objective units and measured. It's about money and length of contract. Up until today, I would have wondered, but after today's conference it's clear - he deserves neither.

Out of respect to all the people that love me, I am only thinking about fighting the two finals. ......That's why I scheduled this press conference to tell you about how I intend to leave, but am still giving the club a chance to offer me more money, which might change my mind and make me stay.

Last edited:

Stric

This entire press conference and his intentions are so clear that a child could see through it. He scheduled the meeting to deny things that were said in the media, but "he won't reveal anything at this point". He won't talk about his future, "what happens after his contract runs out it unknown", but at this point "he intends to leave, unless the president agrees to his demands". He talks about a lack of respect from the club, yet he talks about the club's "bullshit" and "stupidity", literally. It also shows how highly he thinks of himself and a complete lack of self-criticism. He is a clown, and he should not be taken seriously.

Zangash

Banned
Good riddance, I say. I wonder what universe you have to be living in if you think Dani deserves a 3 year contract with ridiculous wages.

Any denials of this being sentimental are instantly refuted by those same people bringing up that he's a "Barca legend" as well. We've seen plenty of our legends come and go for various reasons. Dani will be no different.

Home of Barca Fans