Daniel Alves

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Of course it's about money. "Respect" is an abstract term that cannot be given to him in objective units and measured. It's about money and length of contract. Up until today, I would have wondered, but after today's conference it's clear - he deserves neither.

Out of respect to all the people that love me, I am only thinking about fighting the two finals. ......That's why I scheduled this press conference to tell you about how I intend to leave, but am still giving the club a chance to offer me more money, which might change my mind and make me stay.
I definitely don't like Dani playing with the club when so much is at stake... But at the same time, I also blame the board for this situation. So you don't offer any when the market was still open but run right at him when it was confirmed you will have a transfer ban? Yeah you're a genius Sherlock!

Stric

I definitely don't like Dani playing with the club when so much is at stake... But at the same time, I also blame the board for this situation. So you don't offer any when the market was still open but run right at him when it was confirmed you will have a transfer ban? Yeah you're a genius Sherlock!

Well, what's evident here is that even with the transfer ban, they're not offering him what he wants, so obviously they haven't gone completely 180 on him. Besides, apart from being unjust emotionally towards the player, I think everyone should be reasonable enough to understand that it is expected and logical to offer renewal to players you wouldn't normally renew if you have a transfer ban. If the player didn't want to leave, it's a win for him as well. But Alves wants to milk it further. And on top of it all, it just so happens that his performances have improved after the club found out about the transfer ban, so it would make sense to want to give him a fair extension regardless of the ban. The only thing that the club did wrong is not offer him a short renewal immediately after getting the first news of the transfer ban. If they really wanted him to stay until the ban is over, they should have acted quickly, there was no reason to prolong until now.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Well, what's evident here is that even with the transfer ban, they're not offering him what he wants, so obviously they haven't gone completely 180 on him. Besides, apart from being unjust emotionally towards the player, I think everyone should be reasonable enough to understand that it is expected and logical to offer renewal to players you wouldn't normally renew if you have a transfer ban. If the player didn't want to leave, it's a win for him as well. But Alves wants to milk it further. And on top of it all, it just so happens that his performances have improved after the club found out about the transfer ban, so it would make sense to want to give him a fair extension regardless of the ban. The only thing that the club did wrong is not offer him a short renewal immediately after getting the first news of the transfer ban. If they really wanted him to stay until the ban is over, they should have acted quickly, there was no reason to prolong until now.
exactly man.... I'm not defending Dani because I feel emotionally connected with him or anything, in fact I am not even defending him. I don't even like his play for us when he crosses the ball every which way. I'm pointing out the incompetence of the board! Just pointing out how the board has let the team down in every possible way

JamDav1982

exactly man.... I'm not defending Dani because I feel emotionally connected with him or anything, in fact I am not even defending him. I don't even like his play for us when he crosses the ball every which way. I'm pointing out the incompetence of the board! Just pointing out how the board has let the team down in every possible way

Still have not been given any answer on how they have let Alves down bar giving him a new contract on the terms he wants.

mobster_1930

Still have not been given any answer on how they have let Alves down bar giving him a new contract on the terms he wants.

Alves is a top professional, It's very unlikely that his performance will drastically drop during next two or three years. Physically, Dani is a perfect prototype of full back and on top of that his technical side is great as well as his game reading. His crosses are not that good, but it seems that we are denying an obvious reality - Dani is the best right back in the history of Barca. Looking at todays players, it's more and more frequent that they are playing well above their 30s, I personally think that Dani will stay at top level until he is 35, just like Cafu. Finding his replacement is impossible task, just give him what he is searching for, I really do think he deserved it. Also, he is one of the favorite players to scapegoat when Barca is loosing and he got that perfectly right at the press conference.

Bertus

So in the end Di Marzio posted BS about Alves to PSG. (Or Alves lied?)

Seemed way too good of a deal when Di marzio posted about a 3M euros per year contract, when the triple of that was rumored a few months ago.

JamDav1982

Alves is a top professional, It's very unlikely that his performance will drastically drop during next two or three years. Physically, Dani is a perfect prototype of full back and on top of that his technical side is great as well as his game reading. His crosses are not that good, but it seems that we are denying an obvious reality - Dani is the best right back in the history of Barca. Looking at todays players, it's more and more frequent that they are playing well above their 30s, I personally think that Dani will stay at top level until he is 35, just like Cafu. Finding his replacement is impossible task, just give him what he is searching for, I really do think he deserved it. Also, he is one of the favorite players to scapegoat when Barca is loosing and he got that perfectly right at the press conference.

He mentioned the fans and press have been first to get on his back when results not going well. Seems to be accusing everyone of lack of respect not just the board.

Cafu was the exception to the general rule I think and Alves has already declined a bit physically. Not as much as some people make out though.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So in the end Di Marzio posted BS about Alves to PSG. (Or Alves lied?)

Seemed way too good of a deal when Di marzio posted about a 3M euros per year contract, when the triple of that was rumored a few months ago.

Yup I think we have established that DiMarzio is not reliable after all:)

Stric

Also, he is one of the favorite players to scapegoat when Barca is loosing and he got that perfectly right at the press conference.

That's because so many times recently (especially in the 2012/2013 season) we conceded and lost games because he wasn't doing his job. He says how it's unfair that he sometimes gets blamed for defeats, without even thinking that maybe, just maybe sometimes it really is his fault. He thinks way too highly of himself and most of his sentences show that.

Bertus

Yup I think we have established that DiMarzio is not reliable after all:)

Even if I was not too happy about PSG signing Alves, I'm very disappointed in Di Marzio right now.

He unleashed the news as if it was something big (while Alves' agent already said before that PSG was not trying to sign alves anymore), and in the end, it seems it was just a lie.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Did Di Marzio actually report that? Way too many twitter rumours and papers taking rumours and naming Di Marzio as a source when it eventually turns out he never said that.

Anyway, he's not gonna get it right everytime, but is still among the most reliable out there. You can't expect a journo to get everything right no matter who he is, that would just be crazy.

Bertus

Did Di Marzio actually report that? Way too many twitter rumours and papers taking rumours and naming Di Marzio as a source when it eventually turns out he never said that.

Anyway, he's not gonna get it right everytime, but is still among the most reliable out there. You can't expect a journo to get everything right no matter who he is, that would just be crazy.

Yup he did. Both on twitter and his own website.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah, he's gotten way more right than wrong over the years... don't think reporting one thing wrong (even if it was really, really wrong) should throw all his credibility out the window.

Bertus

Yeah, he's gotten way more right than wrong over the years... don't think reporting one thing wrong (even if it was really, really wrong) should throw all his credibility out the window.

I don't throw it all out the window.

I just now think he's better at reporting big exclusive news related to Juventus than PSG :messi:

Still one of the most trusted sources, yeah.

mobster_1930

That's because so many times recently (especially in the 2012/2013 season) we conceded and lost games because he wasn't doing his job. He says how it's unfair that he sometimes gets blamed for defeats, without even thinking that maybe, just maybe sometimes it really is his fault. He thinks way too highly of himself and most of his sentences show that.

We win together and we lose together. Just because we lost sometimes by one or two goals margin that doesn't mean it's one players fault. I can name a bunch of games where Iniesta was pretty much terrible (especially last season) but it seems like he's immune to criticism. Same goes for Busquets or Xavi. The only player that's immune to criticism in this team should be Messi, no one else. Alves was always at-your-face defender, I remember how I hated him when he played at Sevilla, he practically cost us Liga title with his free kick back in 07/08 and I remember how I was trilled when he joined Barca in summer of 08'. He always had that will for win and fire with his playing style. Just imagine how Real Madrid fans and players hate him. You can't replace these intangibles just simply with another player. His connection with Messi is second to none also.

Home of Barca Fans