Daniel Alves

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think we all agree that Dani blabs too much. And yet he conveyed nothing except trashing the board. Could have waited 2 weeks until the season is over instead raising this shite ahead od 2 finals.
Me, me, me..

raki

I think we all agree that Dani blabs too much. And yet he conveyed nothing except trashing the board. Could have waited 2 weeks until the season is over instead raising this shite ahead od 2 finals.
Me, me, me..

Spot on. He craves for attention.

Antimadridista1

Me, me, me..

The worse is that he said at the start of the press conference that he didn't wanted to talk about his future til the end of the season and couldn't keep his mouth shut.

mark1nhu

When do you think they were dishonest with him though? Thats what I dont get.

Can ask you again what they should have done and all you will point to is Flavias hypothetical situation which assumes - 1. They were never ever going to offer him a new contract and 2. A successor had been signed.

They should not let him waiting. With no kind of communication. That was disrespectful for a normal player, just imagine for a club legend.

They should have talked frankly and honestly about how he was respected as a club legend, but it was time to renovate our squad (something he could easily understand because it was just the truth, not a bullshit and disrespecting "on hold" situation).

After the ban, the board could easily step back and say that although the squad renovation was still desired, Barça at that moment needed more than ever his legendary loyalty.

But no... We just kept a legend on a disrespectful hold and suddenly changed our minds without a single "I'm sorry", like he was just plain dumb.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

[tw]602819893843652608[/tw]

[tw]602820192582897665[/tw]

[tw]602820687317852160[/tw]

Only truths.

JamDav1982

They should not let him waiting. With no kind of communication. That was disrespectful for a normal player, just imagine for a club legend.

They should talk frankly and honestly about how he was respected as a club legend, but it was time to renovate our squad (something he could easily understand because it was just the truth, not a bullshit and disrespecting "on hold" situation).

After the ban, the board could easily step back and say that although the squad renovation was still desired, Barça at that moment needed more than ever his legendary loyalty.

But no... We just kept a legend on a disrespectful hold and suddenly changed our minds without a single "I'm sorry", like he was just plain dumb.

Maybe they shouldnt have kept him waiting or maybe they havent and have offered him a contract lower than he wants.

Maybe they dont want to discuss things now and want to wait till end of season to keep focus.

No one really knows the situation.

How can Alves claim that no one has spoken to him then aknowledge that they now want him and put it down to his improvement in last few months? He is contradicting himself.

Maybe Lucho doesnt want to discuss the squad until end of season - this has been quoted before. Alves is arguably playing some of the best football of his career in these circumstances.

People act like this is only board that doesnt ever explain things to the players... Ronaldinho a club legend was told he was not being sold then went a month later. These things happen.

Antimadridista1

Well, not really. Our staff decided to buy Douglas as a long-term replacement but during the season they understood that they made a huge mistake because the brazilian doesn't have the level to play in our club. They thought that one year would be enough for him to get used to the game in Barcelona but it didn't work.
That was the plan.

But now, Douglas is not considered anymore as an option and Montoya will probably leave this summer (he basically wanted to do so in january but he postponed his departure 'til the summer).
Aleix Vidal is now the main option to replace Dani. Here's the article from Esportiu, reliable catalan newspaper : http://www.ccma.cat/esport3/el-barc...-com-a-recanvi-de-dani-alves/noticia/2667433/

Of course the board should have used the money spent on douglas and Verm to get a RB, but
1) I don't know if 20 mil would have sufficed
2) It's in the past. Alves has used the transfer ban in his favor, no way the board would offer him 2 more seasons without it. But he tried to milk it even more.
I may be completely wrong but i think alves will suck for his next club (in proportion to his wages)

JamDav1982

Flavia that is not 'truths' at all.

There is a third option of keeping Alves as a first team player for the final year of his contract and offering him a new one to stay of he plays at the required level.

As for only offering him a contract as Danilo is gone thats not true as its quite clear they are still in the market for a RB and Danilo was not coming in this summer regardless.

F

Flavia

Flavia that is not 'truths' at all.

There is a third option of keeping Alves as a first team player for the final year of his contract and offering him a new one to stay of he plays at the required level.

As for only offering him a contract as Danilo is gone thats not true as its quite clear they are still in the market for a RB and Danilo was not coming in this summer regardless.

Yes, they are. The 3rd option of doing nothing is what created this mess. Most baffling, seems they didn't take the ban into account, or thought Alves would accept any contract.
What kind of plan was that, I wonder. Really amateurish stuff.

Catalan Fan

In the short term, all that matters is that he continues his good form for the next couple of matches.

Fingers crossed we do the Treble, then we look to see what his decision is.

Alik

I see two different issues of contention here.

One, is the who disrespected who debate which seems to be the bigger focus here.

Two, is whether or not Alves' terms are reasonable and if he should be renewed. -In my opinion, they are not and he shouldn't.

If Alves thinks he will get a better deal elsewhere, then great. I'd like him to stay one more season though.

JamDav1982

Yes, they are. The 3rd option of doing nothing is what created this mess. Most baffling, seems they didn't take the ban into account, or thought Alves would accept any contract.
What kind of plan was that, I wonder. Really amateurish stuff.

They tried to go for option one but the only players Lucho wanted to come in and play ahead of Alves were not able to get - Cuadrado/Marquinhos.

Still not sure how any of this is being disrespectful to Alves though as he was kept on and has been offered a contract when performances improved.

There can be an argument for it leaving the club without a top RB for a few months next season but not that Alves was treated badly.

The disrespect of Alves he clearly says was the fact they tried to replace him last summer which he feels in your first option of selling and replacing him anyway.

mark1nhu

Maybe they shouldnt have kept him waiting or maybe they havent and have offered him a contract lower than he wants.

Maybe they dont want to discuss things now and want to wait till end of season to keep focus.

No one really knows the situation.

How can Alves claim that no one has spoken to him then aknowledge that they now want him and put it down to his improvement in last few months? He is contradicting himself.

Maybe Lucho doesnt want to discuss the squad until end of season - this has been quoted before. Alves is arguably playing some of the best football of his career in these circumstances.

People act like this is only board that doesnt ever explain things to the players... Ronaldinho a club legend was told he was not being sold then went a month later. These things happen.

No, board didn't offer any contract to him. He was just kept on the freezer.

And no again, board are not waiting to the end of the season. We all know the board made recently offers to keep Xavi and to keep pissed Alves.

And what about Ronaldinho? I don't care if previous board was unethical with him. Or if other boards around the world do the same. Both are wrong!

It doesn't give free pass to the current board to be unethical too, specially because we are talking about 1) a club like Barça and 2) a legendary player.

You can obviously think what you want, but I really blame the board because I never did anything like that to any of my employees and I know I would lost each one of them if I did.

Luckily to Barça, players know that a board is just transitional and the club is forever. Same cannot be said to regular small business.

Home of Barca Fans