Daniel Alves

Elite-BkD

Best fullback in the world, absolutely brilliant player. If he were a goalscorer playing at such a high level (relative to everyone else at his position) nobody would ever stop raving about him. It's hard to think of a better player who's so grossly underrated/overlooked by the majority of football fans.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Alves is the best full back in the world bar none.

Ashley Cole, who?

Bow before the great Alves :worthy:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Gotta wonder though, will it really come down to merely €s?...If it does, I can't see the club getting into a bidding war with Man City to keep Dani

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The fact is that our system requires one full back to be motoring up and down the wing from full back and it's been done to good effect by far cheaper players in the past. If Dani and his agent start messing the club about they will go the way of Yaya & Seluk and we'll get another energetic full back in and move on. Dani is brilliant, but expendable.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It is just his agent wanting more money for his client. Every player in the world does that. I'd do everything to keep him here, he is perfect for the club.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
There's a right way and a wrong way to do it as the past has shown. I would certainly make a concerted effort to keep him here but my point is that ultimately he's a fullback and an expendable member of the playing staff. Like La Furia I'd quite look forward to the prospect of signing somebody who can cross the ball

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I think he's actually improved defensively, he's a good tackler and his positioning has improved under Pep, and that was his real weakness, he used to stand in completely the wrong position and leave his man unmarked at times but doesn't seem to do that anymore

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
He's not leaving. This is a normal contract extension hassle, unlike what Rooney or Yaya's agent tried to pull off. Even Xavi or Puyol tried it. :lol:

"soooooooooooo new contract?"
-"ok, same conditions"
"no, I wan't moooooore"
-"ok, same conditions + 1"
*back and forth ... back and forth for a few weeks*
"no, There are a lot of clubs that want me. This is more than just money"
-"ok, same conditions + 1,5 and you're one of our best players"
Done.

That while both parties were happy to accept the same conditions + 1,5 from the beginning.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Such a poor performance from him today... Didn't offer any thing on the attacking side. And almost every of their attacks had been from his side

Home of Barca Fans