Daniel Alves

Horatio

You're welcome
Then sign him as development coach, not as a player

You can't play him as development coach. My point is the idea can't be too get him purely to play a 38 year old who barely played in his last season for Sao Paulo. There must be ulterior reasons. Some say, locker room presence, other could be to inspire and guide Dest etc.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Bobo said Pedri is most like Di Maria then used Football Manager to compare them and show where alike.

I shit you not.

That is the levels.

Calma keyboard hardman.

JamDav1982

Not a fan of that, same as having Puyol or Iniesta around as assistant coaches... that just undermines Xavi. With Alves as a player there's a clear hierarchy at least.

It is more confusing asking a player to come in and help 'coach' a direct rival for a position than having clear roles for coaches.

Much cleaner if ask someone Larsson to come in and focus on helping with the strikers than asking some older player in squad to do it.

One undermines the coach more and it is not the assistant. Being and assistant is all about being delegated roles.

Bobo32

Bobo what's going on buddy? Not your usual self.

I tired of this extremely dishonest and rude person after a bottle of wine. I usually just ignore him, and I guess I'll continue to do so. Really a despicable person in the way he presents himself here.
I guess he'll continue to dishonestly post things like these, as he enjoys the reaction in the same way as a badly raised 12 year old picking on someone. It is really laughable that I read a post of him earlier today complaining about the level of discussion here, I am jovially coming here and wanting to discuss but tire of these mouth-breathing responses from people like him!

ajnotkeith

It's obvious that this signing will not work for number of reasons :

- He is a 38 year old fullback. This is one of the youngest positions on the pitch where you do a lot of running. You barely see any 30 plus starters here let alone 38. He may be the oldest fullback in the top5 leagues.

- His last seasons have been poor in Sao Paulo, way lower level than Liga. Of course, when he is that old he won't be what he was before. How will he help us get top4 in LaLiga if he can't help Sao Paulo in Brasiliero?

- He is another amigo. We wanted Xavi to rebuild and phase out the amigos but he's bringing them back.

- He takes minutes from Dest who should always be playing there.

If we wanted him to help the locker room or mentor Dest then sign him as a coach. No need for him to play.

Last edited:

Bobo32

It's obvious that this signing will not work for number of reasons :

- He is a 38 year old fullback. This is one of the youngest positions on the pitch where you do a lot of running. You barely see any 30 plus starters here let alone 38. He may be the oldest fullback in the top5 leagues.

- His last seasons have been poor in Sao Paulo, way lower level than Liga. Of course, when he is that old he won't be what he was before.

- He is another amigo. We wanted Xavi to rebuild and phase out the amigos but he's bringing them back.

- He takes minutes from Dest who should always be playing there.

If we wanted him to help the locker room or mentor Dest then sign him as a coach. No need for him to play.
- Zanetti played late, Maldini, Cafu, Carlos... Alves was always on their level, and always looked just as great physically mind you. He played very well in the olympics months ago.

- He is said to play almost for free... He looks to be motivated, in good physical form, and his vision and technique was never in doubt.

- It is good to have amigos! A happy player is a good player! No signs of him being unprofessional that I know, but just the opposite.

- I don't care for Dest, but I can at least see this argument. Of course someone needs to take this RB spot soon. I think it should be neither Alves, Dest, Roberto or Emerson but someone else, and for the next year I think Alves will be a very good option at the very least as a rotating option.

mc_lovin

An assistant coach is below a coach, hierarchy seems clear to me :lol:

Sure, the roles are clear, but when you have two equally big legends screaming instructions (or wanting to take responsibility)? Assistant coach is generally a rather mundane job, which disqualifies bigger personalities usually. It can work with famous guys - like Ancelotti+Zidane - but I don't see such a dynamic with someone like Xavi in charge. He's too young and inexperienced for that.

It is more confusing asking a player to come in and help 'coach' a direct rival for a position than having clear roles for coaches.

That implies there is real competition, which would speak volumes about Dest. I don't think so.

Horatio

You're welcome
He'll surely be paid in bonuses. You don't think the man is not gonna spend in Las Ramblas?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans